McGhee The Waster

garymfc

McGhee Ill admit did a great job in his first season.

But lets face it he new all along he was going to fuck off.

Thats why he never tied any players up or signed us anyone decent.

The only player he signed was Fraser who personally im not impressed with at all.

McGhee left our team in ruins. Or so he thought.

Gannon has worked wonders with the young lads and long may it continue.

He has seen the potential theyve got where McGhee couldnt.

Gannons working hard to find players where as McGhee always said " Ill use my contacts in England, Germany Etc " Did he ever get anyone apart from Porter?

Mark McGhee can fuck off.

Cmon Motherwell lets get into the group stages and show McGhee how wrong he was.

CMON THE WELL

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck McGhee.

He is no longer anything to do with Motherwell FC so let's just forget about him. Respect him for the job he did here, but move on. Whatever happens to us this season will happen and whatever we do will not be to "show McGhee how wrong he was". He was always going to move on to a bigger club at some time and he has done that so good luck to him. I know his departure and some of the comments he made throughout last season left a bad taste in the mouth, but that was then and this is now, he's gone so get over it! He has had far too many posts and threads on this and other Motherwell forums dedicated to him and what he has done, not done, said or not said.

Forget him!

Fuck McGhee.

He is no longer anything to do with Motherwell FC so let's just forget about him. Respect him for the job he did here, but move on. Whatever happens to us this season will happen and whatever we do will not be to "show McGhee how wrong he was". He was always going to move on to a bigger club at some time and he has done that so good luck to him. I know his departure and some of the comments he made throughout last season left a bad taste in the mouth, but that was then and this is now, he's gone so get over it! He has had far too many posts and threads on this and other Motherwell forums dedicated to him and what he has done, not done, said or not said.

Forget him!

He has, time for it to stop and concentrate on our own affairs.

(He says as he starts to type up a summary of Noah's time in charge for OSB :P )

He has, time for it to stop and concentrate on our own affairs.

(He says as he starts to type up a summary of Noah's time in charge for OSB ;) )

I Look forward to reading it. :P Could you put a picture of him in the centre pages and make it dart board style. I'm sure that would sell :P

I'll always look back favourably on McGhee's time at Motherwell. THAT season was really something else and was comfortably the best football I've seen at Fir Park since I started going. Fair enough he faded and in the end jumped ship, It's annoying but only equally annoying as people who were surprised by this given his previous record. his attitude of 'we are te best on our day' was refreshing, I'd much rather have that than Butcher's 'punching above our weight' pish.

I might be going against the grain here but I say Mark McGhee = Good Guy

(I also agree we should give it a rest about him the now though, we're on to bigger and better things now!)

I always see the good in managers as I think everyone is too keen to heckle them and blame them. It got hard work defending Malpas though however McGhee is a different kettle of fish. He got the best out of a limited pool of players in his first season - he got lucky though as its not often you get to play Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen teams that were so diabolical and Dundee Utd forgot how to win after Christmas.

Though to me he let himself down last summer. Whether it was because he had an eye on the Hearts job or not I don't know nor do I care. He knew our squad was limited the year before and he had fewer players yet remained reluctant to bring anyone in. However from the outside we have no idea whether that was because of him, players not wanting to come or whatever.

Last season without a desparate couple of months would have seen us in the top six and perhaps pushing for Europe through the more traditional routes.

What has gone on since s interesting. People say he should have tied up contracts - perhaps but if they weren't interested in signing not a lot he could do. People argue the likes of Slane, FOrbes etc should be on longer deals. These guys have no guarantee of making it and I doubt we could afford to have them on good deals and guys to play now. If McGhee had been here now I imagine we would be going down a different route. I doubt the results would have been much different but I think the team would have been - McGhee would be planning fo him being here not Jim Gannon.

Every manager is different, I respect and have a lot of time for McGhee the football manager and have no doubt had he stayed we would have had a successful season. As a person he is not my favourite just because of his attitued at times.

Wow WOW WOW can we take a wee reality check somewhere here.

Gannon is playing with what he has at his disposal right now whereas mcgee didn't have such restrictions to play with.

Also, one good result against a unknown team that we have nae idea how good the really are in perspective doesn't make a season.

Let's wait tae a balls been kicked in the SPL first and then decide if the young boys are going to be good enough.

Time gentlemen...please.

From the BBC Gossip Pages:

Aberdeen's hopes of signing Plymouth duo Jim Paterson and Steve MacLean have been sunk as the Pittodrie club cannot afford the pair's wages. (Press and Journal)

Aberdeen face competition from Plymouth for the signature of Reda Johnson after the Amiens defender played for the Championship side in a friendly against Morecambe. (Plymouth Herald)

Just as well you're at a big club now. Roon ye bawjaws!! :evilgrin:

all mcghee has done for the last couple of weeks has spoke about how good this guy reda johnson is and how close they are to signing him and now it looks like he might go elsewhere.sounds a familiar story and some of the dons fans are pissed off with his bullshit already ;)

Personally liked Mark McGhee, he turned this club around from Malpas "i dont have a clue".

Motherwell played amazing football in the first season and signed some "quality players" Yes i do mean Hughes an Malcolm etc.

Everyone knows we are a stepping stone McFadden, McCormack, Quinn, Clarkson.

What i dont like is attitudes, G.Smith was wanting to leave and made it obvious, its a shame, but it happens, he had gread performances, i would love us to keep players and challenge for the title.

Any way McGhees second season was frustrating, we were poor for half a season and cost us top 6 and when we were pumped out both cups the season kind of frittered away. I am annoyed McLean left, im annoyed at HIM and McGhee but the last 3 months McGhee couldnt care less. He thought he was going to be the celtic manager.

Anyway, we now have a new manager whos lettign the youth get there chance, like the McFaddens, Clarksons etc.

If we can singn these boys on long term contracts and in a year or two we will be a top club challenging for domestic honours.

Ive been impressed with the WINS so far and Gannon wants the team to work the full 90 as we saw on Thursday.

Good luck Gannon and I wish you all the best.

Personally liked Mark McGhee, he turned this club around from Malpas "i dont have a clue".

Motherwell played amazing football in the first season and signed some "quality players" Yes i do mean Hughes an Malcolm etc.

Everyone knows we are a stepping stone McFadden, McCormack, Quinn, Clarkson.

What i dont like is attitudes, G.Smith was wanting to leave and made it obvious, its a shame, but it happens, he had gread performances, i would love us to keep players and challenge for the title.

Any way McGhees second season was frustrating, we were poor for half a season and cost us top 6 and when we were pumped out both cups the season kind of frittered away. I am annoyed McLean left, im annoyed at HIM and McGhee but the last 3 months McGhee couldnt care less. He thought he was going to be the celtic manager.

Anyway, we now have a new manager whos lettign the youth get there chance, like the McFaddens, Clarksons etc.

If we can singn these boys on long term contracts and in a year or two we will be a top club challenging for domestic honours.

Ive been impressed with the WINS so far and Gannon wants the team to work the full 90 as we saw on Thursday.

Good luck Gannon and I wish you all the best.

that got me thinking a wee bit. McLean leaving us for Hearts, McLeish n hibs, McGhee and aberdeen. Is there really any point in a manager jumping ship to another spl club outside of the OF? Obviously it can only be for more money in their own pocket no matter how much they try and butter it up as a step forward. We're all on the same level basically. Either that or its because their name starts with Mc. No more Mc's at fir park, that's what I say ;)

Not sure if this has been pointed out already, but Mark Mcghee is partly responsible for giving us 1 of the best pre-seasons ever this year, by getting the players to screw the nut with there discipline last season, getting in to Europe via the fair play. His 1st season was tremendous, sum of the most enjoyable, entertaining stuff, I have witnessed at `Well games, and had the players in great shape, fitness wise. Can`t knock him for any of that.

His transfer talk, certainly, was just jibberish. Some of his team selections were very questionable. Glad to see Jim Gannon may finally have spotted, that Mark Reynolds is never a Centre half! Another negative, was obviously his lack of trust in the younger boys at the club, outwith friendlies! Quite scary to think, Forbes and Slane were almost out the door, before we even gave them a sniff! His record in both domestic cups was abysmal too.

Overall, while he was here, certainly seen worst managers. Scorecard: 7/10.

that got me thinking a wee bit. McLean leaving us for Hearts, McLeish n hibs, McGhee and aberdeen. Is there really any point in a manager jumping ship to another spl club outside of the OF? Obviously it can only be for more money in their own pocket no matter how much they try and butter it up as a step forward. We're all on the same level basically. Either that or its because their name starts with Mc. No more Mc's at fir park, that's what I say :notworthy:

McClean left in completely differnt circumstances to the other two in that basically he didn't want to go. He had a fall out with Chapman and Dickie re the road ahead.

I always thought that McGhee was shockingly bad at using his subs, usually choosing to introduce replacements far too late, regardless of whether we were chasing the game or trying to maintain our lead. Gave him the benefit of the doubt during his first season, but he just kept on doing it during his second season - very frustrating.

Last season after the top six finish was beyond us he insisted on playing guys who clearly had no future at the club (Malcolm) or who had been playing most of the season. Hardly any of the young guys, ie the future, were given a chance. At least he gave McLean a chance, then didn't bother getting him signed up on a new contract :s

If I was one of the U-19s/reserves who had been banging on the first team door over the last year, I'd be delighted that McGhee has buggered off. Sympathy in advance for the guys in the Aberdeen youth setup - give up now.

Of course now I wonder if he managed to let go of any young players who could've stepped up, Connelly, Nixon, McGuire? Now we'll never know

I agree about the lack of opportunity for the youngsters. However, I doubt the ones that were let go would be McGhee's decision. I imagine that was based on advice from the guys in charge of the youth development and U-19 teams.

Is it just me that thinks a huge part of our success in McGhees first season was down to the very first 15 minutes at love street on the first day of the season?

I'm a great believer in first impressions so to speak and i genuinely think the confidence from there carried us a good way into the season.