New Signings

Frazzie

Ruddy - He'll dae.

Humphrey - He'll no' dae.

Coke - Still undecided. Reckon he looks like a decent SPL player, but not yet convinced that he's better than what we already had.

Jennings - I reckon he'll be a great asset, but think he needs to sharpen up. Has looked a wee bit off the pace at times.

So, overall I'd say the jury is still very much out on Gannon as far as signings go, but I'm keeping the faith.

Anyone else got any thoughts?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruddy had a great game - looked confident and commanding and up for it. he'll dae

Humphrey looks like he's got potential - like O'Brien needs to toughen up and work on keeping posession and the final ball - he'll dae

Coke - had a good game looks as if there's something there (energy, prowess, determination)that could finally attempt to fill the void left by O'Donnell- he'll dae tae (and in saying that - I mean the role - not the man)

Jennings like many players we've brough up from England looks to be off the pace a wee bit - but like everyone from Rab McKinnon to Alan McCormack he'll sharpen up and we'll see what he's capable of - he'll dae anaw!

Jim Gannon - he'll dae tae

All early days right enough cos in real terms we've seen hee haw of them to pass judgement - but thats my initial thoughts Frazzle old bean

They'll all dae - because they've been brought in to play for ma team - and what I dae is get behing the sufferin lot of 'em

Ruddy - He'll dae.

Coke - Still undecided. Reckon he looks like a decent SPL player, but not yet convinced that he's better than what we already had.

Jennings - I reckon he'll be a great asset, but think he needs to sharpen up. Has looked a wee bit off the pace at times.

So, overall I'd say the jury is still very much out on Gannon as far as signings go, but I'm keeping the faith.

Tis a bit early, but the keeper had a decent debut. Don't think he was at fault for any of the goals, saved a pen and had couple of decent saves. Don't think he was as amazing as some made out, but definate promise.

Jennings - Not a good start, hopefuly he'll come onto a game.

Humphrey - Not a good start, does look quick, hopefully he'll come onto a game.

Coke - Some good touches, missed a glorious chance.

The jury is of course out as as only played 6 games between them.

It goes without saying that they'll get my support. I don't rate Humphrey at the moment (was at fault for 2nd goal last night) as he can't seem to beat the first man with a cross and if you're a winger and you can't look good when your team's winning 8-1, when can you? Having said that, I hope he proves me wrong and I'll be quite happy to have this thread cast up when he's turned into a 'Well legend.

As far the Old Firm comment - jog on, peddlar...

Ruddy - He'll dae.

I concur, but give Humphrey time - I think he is nervous - he looks it.

I take it Coke's appearance last night means there is no longer any doubt about whether or not he is legally entitled to play for us then?

Anyone heard anything more about Northampton speaking to their lawyers?

Was thinking that myself - I imagine we've registered him with our FA - for UEFA to accept his registration in the squad.

I take it Coke's appearance last night means there is no longer any doubt about whether or not he is legally entitled to play for us then?

Anyone heard anything more about Northampton speaking to their lawyers?

Well UEFA would have to have had registered him.

I think it was just Northampton greetin because they left a door open and didnt conclude the deal.

Was thinking that myself - I imagine we've registered him with our FA - for UEFA to accept his registration in the squad.

Yes a player must been registered with the Home FA to be able to be registered for any continental competition. This like everyone has agreed means the FA and the SFA have seen no problem with the transfer.

No one is rushing to judge these guys, we all know that early promise can peter out (David Ferrere anyone??) but Frazzle just asked for early impressions. And that's what fans' forums and pints after the game are for so...

Ruddy His kicking from passbacks was poor last night but some of the passbacks were a bit iffy and in any case kicking is way down my list of priorities for a goalkeeper. On the basis of last night's game, he looks good. Commanding, vocal and made a few good saves. Glad I'm not going to be the one to try and make him wear the pink kit...

Jennings I think he's looked the part. A less showy, more sensible Maros Klimpl. His positional sense has impressed me and although he looks to be carrying a bit of weight, he still seems to be getting about the park. Not wishing to stereotype but he looks like a Scouser...

Coke Looked good to me last night. Athletic, could mix it when he needed to, but also looks like he can pass a ball. Missed a glorious chance but that to me was the only black mark on his performance. Really need to get a nickname for him though as I can't bring myself to shout "C'mon Giles!!!" or "C'mon big Coke!!"...

Humphrey Looks nervous, need to give him time. Certainly has pace but his final ball has left a little to be desired thus far. He's surrendered possession a bit too easily thus far, maybe needs to be told that if he can't get past the man then look for an out ball. I reckon he'll look better if we have a good attacking right back playing behind him. Still young but at the moment he wouldn't be my first pick...

The thing that has impressed me with all of Gannon's signings is the fact that they look like athletes. With the exception of Humphrey (who's not tiny), they're all big lads. Too often in the past we've seen ourselves dwarfed at corners and free kicks. Don't think that'll be the case this season...

Coke Looked good to me last night. Athletic, could mix it when he needed to, but also looks like he can pass a ball. Missed a glorious chance but that to me was the only black mark on his performance. Really need to get a nickname for him though as I can't bring myself to shout "C'mon Giles!!!" or "C'mon big Coke!!"...

center_fatherted.jpg

No one is rushing to judge these guys, we all know that early promise can peter out (David Ferrere anyone??) but Frazzle just asked for early impressions. And that's what fans' forums and pints after the game are for so...

Ruddy His kicking from passbacks was poor last night but some of the passbacks were a bit iffy and in any case kicking is way down my list of priorities for a goalkeeper. On the basis of last night's game, he looks good. Commanding, vocal and made a few good saves. Glad I'm not going to be the one to try and make him wear the pink kit...

Jennings I think he's looked the part. A less showy, more sensible Maros Klimpl. His positional sense has impressed me and although he looks to be carrying a bit of weight, he still seems to be getting about the park. Not wishing to stereotype but he looks like a Scouser...

Humphrey Looks nervous, need to give him time. Certainly has pace but his final ball has left a little to be desired thus far. He's surrendered possession a bit too easily thus far, maybe needs to be told that if he can't get past the man then look for an out ball. I reckon he'll look better if we have a good attacking right back playing behind him. Still young but at the moment he wouldn't be my first pick...

The thing that has impressed me with all of Gannon's signings is the fact that they look like athletes. With the exception of Humphrey (who's not tiny), they're all big lads. Too often in the past we've seen ourselves dwarfed at corners and free kicks. Don't think that'll be the case this season...

You'll no get a better summary. Spot on.

These guys all have raw talent, it is important that they are given time.

In the same way that Middlesborough fans nicknamed Massimo Maccarone "Tinov" why don't we nickname Giles Coke "Canov"?

I hate using other teams ideas but at least this one was funny even if only a little bit.

Edit - We could also use this to nickname him "Gramov" or "Lineov"

Ruddy - He'll dae.

How can you say this, when Jennings has been pretty shite? Humphreys not been much better, but out the lot Jennings seems to be the worst.

Or are you getting a bit excited about the 2 takles he made in airdrie? :lol:

In the same way that Middlesborough fans nicknamed Massimo Maccarone "Tinov" why don't we nickname Giles Coke "Canov"?

I hate using other teams ideas but at least this one was funny even if only a little bit.

Edit - We could also use this to nickname him "Gramov" or "Lineov"

I can't find the post now, but there was a Northampton fan on here who was having a right go at Coke, but in his post he referred to him as 'Grammy' - which led to suggestions in here of 'Cannae' or 'Tinny'.

Much along similar lines to your suggestions of course, but Grammy seems to have been a nickname of his in the past.....

For what it's worth I think Humphrey is desparately in need of a bit of confidence and some crossing practice but there's definitely something there with all of our signings.

Jim'll Fix It. :lol:

I don't agree. I think he plays a very disciplined game, and I can see him becoming an important player for us. Players like him (Jamie Dolan, Scott Leitch, etc) won't grab the headlines, but I think he'll be one of those guys we notice more when he's not there.

Humphrey, I just don't think is good enough unfortunately, but he is young and could become a better player but at the moment he'd be on the bench for me, maybe giving us the last ten minutes if we're under the cosh and looking for an out-ball for a breakaway. Other than that, no.