Craigan's Own Goals

hippo

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Without being over sentimental, time to go defence was shocking today, too old and too slow a truly great servant but being subbed spoke a million words.

A legend but no room for sentiment please move on and I'm not sorry if it offends as I'm not sentimental i want 3 points every week not one.

I for one dint and never will doubt his commitment but sometimes sentiment can cloud.

i thought the defence were better in the first half than the second today, st johnstone could have had five with decent finishing.

i also think a lot of our defensive problems are to do with the midfield.

Yip, in the second half they were allowed to pass the ball all the way up to our box before challenges were going in. St Johnstone just took this chance to fire unchallenged crosses in from anywhere and put us under pressure.That said, it did look like we were playing a 4-2-4 half the time so obviously that was a compromise gannon thought was neccessary.

Was discussing this on the way to the game today, and we reckoned he may last to Christmas.

Any more performances like that today and he'll be lucky to last the month.

SNAP! We were'nt too hot in the first half but our defence was fuckin woeful in the 2nd...

Reynolds is NOT an organiser, if Gannons gonna flog Craigan we need a similar player in his place.

Yip, in the second half they were allowed to pass the ball all the way up to our box before challenges were going in. St Johnstone just took this chance to fire unchallenged crosses in from anywhere and put us under pressure.That said, it did look like we were playing a 4-2-4 half the time so obviously that was a compromise gannon thought was neccessary.

I'd call that an improvement; in the first half their number 9 was actually able to play keepie uppie in the six yard box before turning and shooting.

Craigan has a tendency to launch unaimmed balls up the field from the back. I don't think that is the sort of build up play Gannon is looking for.

Interesting that's he's picked Reynolds for every match and introduced Hutchinson who are both more ball players who will pass out from the back.

Craigan might just be a bit too uncultured as a footballer for Gannon but as a defender he's miles ahead of Hutchinson for instance.