Chances Against Steaua

FJ-94

Just hopeing we can go in at half time 2-0. It is going to be a tough tough game but you never know. All it takes is a wee mistake a wee own goal a flash of magic a minor miracle. We must believe or why bother. Freak results happen. So why not. Wouldn't put my house on us going through but would put it on us going out either. Probably 90% chance Steua will win the tie that still leaves 10% chance for us.

My team would be

Ruddy

Page.......Hutchinson..Reynolds....Hammell

Jennings Coke...................Forbes

Murphy.........Sutton.......Slane

Bench Fraser,Craigan, O'brien,McHugh, Sauders, Smith

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Realistically we have no chance imho. I'd be delighted with a gutsy score-draw and would come in my pants if we won 5-0 :lol:

An image we could've done without but I reckon if we got through to the next round the Excelsior would be a very sticky mess :nod:

Yeah, really is a case of having nothing to lose and there being no pressure at all on 'Well. If you're going out, may as well go out all guns blazing and go for it right from the off. You just never know what may happen.

Exactly.Nobody predicted that we would go out and hump Flamurtari 8-1 did they so you never no what might happen.

Btw I dont thimk we'll beat Steaua 8-1. :nod:

Hello to you all.

I am coming to watch the game tonight and i want to know your sugestion about filling my time from 12 till kick off.

Does it worth to go directly to Airdrie or i should go to Glasgow and visit Glasgow before the game.

Any pubs around stadium?

If i want to stop by Hilton hotel in bellshill to see if i catch a glimpse of Steaua players, is there anything interesting around?

Where should i park tonight?

Good luck tonight

Hello to you all.

I am coming to watch the game tonight and i want to know your sugestion about filling my time from 12 till kick off.

Does it worth to go directly to Airdrie or i should go to Glasgow and visit Glasgow before the game.

Any pubs around stadium?

If i want to stop by Hilton hotel in bellshill to see if i catch a glimpse of Steaua players, is there anything interesting around?

Good luck tonight

Do not go to Airdrie to spend the day, there is abosolutely nothing in it, also there is nothing to do near the Hilton in Bellshill unless you want to go to M&Ds which is not far away, if i was you i'd go to Glasgow as there is plenty to do to pass the time. Here is a small guide, http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Europ...gow-TG-C-1.html

If you get to the stadium early enough then you will be able to park in the car park at the Excelsior Stadium for the price of £2, if not you will have to park in the local streets. Please bear in mind that there will be roadworks near the stadium and traffic congestion will be bad. http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?op...&Itemid=196

As for the pubs, maybe someone else could let you know about that as i'm not too familiar with the area.

With FC Vaslui's triumph against Omonia and after Poli Timisoara send the last year's UEFA Cup winner back to Donetsk, we wouldn't want to be the only Romanian team not reaching the play-offs, so for us it's a MUST winning this. I really predict harsh times for you guys and almost no chances of turning this around. I do hope for a nice ,clean game that all people will enjoy.

Best of luck, Alex. o/

Tonight is a tall order an no matter what the result the boys have delivered more than i expected in terms of progression throught the first 2 rounds.

That's not to say i think our team is crap, far from it but with the loss of 8 senior players, trying to predict what kind of team we'd have was ni on impossible.

We've gained so many positives this pre season gannon forbes slane (holding opininion on jennings and coke). To be too upset if we get knocked out.

As a motherwell fan it's always a dangerous thing to dream, all i know is this pre season i saw the biggest european win in our history who would've thought 8-1.

Anyway i predict 2 -1 to us leaving the competition with our heads held high, unlike scotlands shame aberdeen.

:whistling:

With FC Vaslui's triumph against Omonia and after Poli Timisoara send the last year's UEFA Cup winner back to Donetsk, we wouldn't want to be the only Romanian team not reaching the play-offs, so for us it's a MUST winning this. I really predict harsh times for you guys and almost no chances of turning this around. I do hope for a nice ,clean game that all people will enjoy.

Best of luck, Alex. o/

Expect the game to be the only clean thing in Airdrie tonight! :whistling:

Hello to you all.

Any pubs around stadium?

Good luck tonight

There are may pubs in the town centre which is not far from the stadium (5 minutes by car ,10-15 minutes from the stadium). There is a Wetherspoons named The Robert Hamilton or there's the Cellar Bar near to the Town Hall which has a good selection of Whisky.

Depending where you have a hotel for the night it would be worth going to the Pub in Motherwell named Jack Daniels whre many 'Well fans will gather prior to going over to Airdrie you will be made most welcome and may even get to travel on the supporters bus to the game.

Hello guys...

First of all let me tell you a short story:about 3 or 4 years ago Everton plaied with Dinamo bucharest in the first round of UEFA Cup.before the game i entered their fan forum and i was very dissapointed about their comments:thirld world country,starving people,orphans,thiefs or gipsies,they will win very easy and so one.of course many romanians entered their site and started a "psihological war"before the game...anyway the result:5-1 for Dinamo...

I was very surprised when i enter your forum and i didn`t see even one maliciuos comment against Romania or Steaua.I admitt i was really surprised.Therefore I want to congratulate you for your fair-play and for your respect for your opponents...

Regarding the tonight game Steaua will play with a lot of replacements because they will play sunday with my favourite team,CFR Cluj,Romanian Champion last year,so it will be a good opportunity for you to win...

A lot of respect for you guys...

Hello to you all.

Any pubs around stadium?

Good luck tonight

Assuming the game doesn't go to extra time you will want to spend roughly about 100 minutes in Airdrie.

Head into Glasgow, lots to do and see and you can get a train to Drumgelloch near the stadium from Queen Street Station, only takes about half an hour.

Regarding the tonight game Steaua will play with a lot of replacements because they will play sunday with my favourite team,CFR Cluj,Romanian Champion last year,so it will be a good opportunity for you to win...

D'oh, you spoiled it by mentioning FCR Cluj. They nearly crippled half the Motherwell team in a friendly match last summer!

I think tonight is a write off, and I mean that with no disrespect to the Motherwell team. Steau looked a class act and if we can get a 1-1 draw tonight, or even play well in a 2-1 defeat then we will be doing very well.

It's been great to go on this wee run in Europe, I was aprehensive at first due to the mass exudos of players before a ball was even kicked, but it's caught the imagination of the fans and hopefully brought the young team together in good preparation for the season.

The priority for me is now Perth on the first game and I think realistically it will be this for Gannon and the players too. Hopefully we will see a couple of additions to the squad by then.

If it works even I'll have to start believing!

Or it could just be a coincidence. :lol:

Not a chance. I became a creationist after Iwelumo's miss against Norway disproved science.