Chances Against Steaua

FJ-94

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in football anything is possible, as for Thursday night I just hope we play well and the ref clamps down on the Steaue players diving and dirty tackles

2-0 Well close but no cigar, we have to concentrate on the league :P

Whatever happens on Thursday, the players have to come off the field with no regrets. Go out and get on the ball, show no fear and have a go. Put them under pressure and see what happens.

If we can get a draw or win on the night I will be satisfied with that. To go through would be frankly incredible and it would take a number of major things going in our favour.

That said we have to get behind the team vocally and in good numbers on Thursday. I'm not sure how ticket sales are going but I'd hope we could at least match the last 2 crowds of 4500ish for the game.

On the night, 2-1 Motherwell which means we go out but with heads held high.

Hey there!

I gotta say i love your optimism but it's gonna be a hard one regardless our 3 goal lead from back home. Many ppl say that Steaua will use it's second team @ Motherwell but i think there's not really a second team at this moment. First of all, in the first leg we were missing about for key players i think. So in some way THAT was our second team. There are gonna be some changes in the midfield line for sure but the defense will be mostly the same, so the chances for your lads to score will be same as in Bucharest. I don't really think that our players will be taking it easier do to the rotation system Bergodi is using. Everybody will try to play at their best so they can get a spot in the next starting 11. And with Steaua winning all the official games this season, the moral is pretty good and I'm sure this will boost our performance a bit.

I liked to see your team play and i love the fans. You say that with the amazing win against the Albanian squad anything can happen. Well, Steaua isn't really Barcelona , but Flamurtari ain't Steaua either. It was nice meeting you, but i'm afraid this is as far as you go in this season's Euro-League. I wish you all the best in SPL :lol:

PS: i like your team's colors a lot. Too bad i didn't meet any of you in Bucharest to make a shirt trade or something :lol:

fingers crossed we get an early goal to get the crowd going. I will be happy with a good performance because unlike the sheep we are playing a quailty team.

Lee

Why don't you get going from the begining? It would do your team a whole lot better, I think. Our guys will be somewhat under pressure, and then the chances to score us a goal are higher... If you don't support your team from the first whistle, it would be harder.

If I were Gannon, I would probably start with a 3-5-2 formation, and I'll explain why.

1: Your defenders must stay at the back even when you're attacking to avoid a counter.

2: When you'll be defending, your midfield wings must go and help the defence, transforming the formation to a 5-3-2. If you have a speedy attack player, I would start with him, because our defenders are not really fast, so you can send a high ball over our defence, when you get the ball from defending.

3: When attacking, your midfield players should go up, so you'll put our players on pressure. This means a probable gap between the midfield and the defence, but this is why your defenders should stay back.

This is, of course, a risky and stamina breaking tactic, but having to recover a 3-0 deficit, it's one to take. It could fail miserably, or it could turn into a surprise.

Why don't you get going from the begining? It would do your team a whole lot better, I think. Our guys will be somewhat under pressure, and then the chances to score us a goal are higher... If you don't support your team from the first whistle, it would be harder.

If I were Gannon, I would probably start with a 3-5-2 formation, and I'll explain why.

1: Your defenders must stay at the back even when you're attacking to avoid a counter.

2: When you'll be defending, your midfield wings must go and help the defence, transforming the formation to a 5-3-2. If you have a speedy attack player, I would start with him, because our defenders are not really fast, so you can send a high ball over our defence, when you get the ball from defending.

3: When attacking, your midfield players should go up, so you'll put our players on pressure. This means a probable gap between the midfield and the defence, but this is why your defenders should stay back.

This is, of course, a risky and stamina breaking tactic, but having to recover a 3-0 deficit, it's one to take. It could fail miserably, or it could turn into a surprise.

Because although the majority of the away fans are great some of the home support are moaning pricks.

I thought Steaua were superb in the first leg but will they play that well again? Do they travel well? Will they be thinking 'this tie is won' and not be switched on?

I'm asking all these question in order to justify buying an expensive ticket when I've got fuck all money in my pocket!

Could be the last time ye see the well in europe for 20 year ye never know and if we win 4 nll you'll be pissed off you never went.

Keep the faith

I agree! For me Motherwell games in Europe are to be treasured and cherished and never be taken for granted as you simply don't know when the next season we'll qualify might be.

Im working 12 til 8 tomorrow, if i bomb it from work to get there for the second half what are the chances of me being able to pay at the gate and get in? First "Home" game iv missed in months, if we were to overturn this i would actually greet.

Our team for thursday's match:

GK: Tatarusanu, Zapata

Def: Ghionea, P. Marin, Golanski, Baciu, Ninu, Tudose, Tininho, A. Iacob

Mid: Grzelak, Onicas, Nicolita, Ionescu, Ochirosii

Att: Surdu, Stancu, Bibiskov

Toja just got an injury and unfortunately for us, will be out for about a month. So, your chances just got bigger... sort of, because Andrei Ionescu will most probably take his place.

I guess Zapata will be the playing goalkeeper, but bare in mind that I trust in him more than in Tătăruşanu.

This is the most probable team. Eventualy, some new players will go in, like Tininho(sub for Marin) or Bibishkov.

----------------------Zapata----------------------

--Golanski - Tudose - Ghionea - Marin----

---Nicolita - Onicas - Ionescu - Grzelak--

--------Stancu-----------------Surdu-----------

I think thursday will be a respectable score draw. I just dont think there's any way they wont score 2 so i'll go with 2-2. Then JG has 9 days to get a couple of players in for the new season. Sorry if it seem that i've gave up on the Steau game but i have. -_- .