Dundee In For Hammell

mfc4ever

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reynolds, looked more than comfortable in the games he played there in the European campaign. Ever since he came back to the club i've said he's not a patch on Paterson.

Edit in reply to Netherton's post : I'm not just talking about today, what about Llanelli home leg, he was horrid and also on many occasions last year!

Agree with that. Today he was, quite simply, abysmal and I'm sure Gannon will let him know about it! However I agree with those saying he should be tried out in Left Mid with Wattie at Left Back. That gives us the defensive stability down that side with Reynolds as well as Hammell being the man to supply the crosses and be in the defensive position to cover when needed.

I've defended Hammell often, but he is beginning to change my mind. I thought he looked dis-interested today and showed a lack of concentration. If he has someone to play there, and Dundee cough up decent money then I'd let him go. He hasn't been the same since his return, but he was always suspect defensively. In his last season (05/06) I can recall his poor positioning for costing us a lot of goals.

A few season ago he was linked with both the Glasgow scum and why did they not sign him - simple - he's a left back who can't defend. What use is a defender who never manages to stop a winger getting crosses in or tracks their runs? If we get decent money for him take it. He has been poor since his return.