Dundee In For Hammell

mfc4ever

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let him go for free? Or willing to sell him? Hmm. Hard one. I would hate to see Hammell leave for nothing - in fact, I'd hate to see Hammell leave at all - but if JG doesn't have Hammell in his plans then it's probably the most sensible thing for Hammell to move on so he is guaranteed first team football. If he ihmself decides it would be best for his career to move, then it would be nice to get some money for him. How long does he have left on his contract? Would Dundee be willing to pay anything for him?

I think we will need Hammell in the SPL and I'm sure he can win back his place in the starting XI. (Fingers crossed anyway).

He started, and played very well, on Thursday night so I think it's fair to say he's in Jim Gannon's plans.

Dundee can be interested in Stevie Hammell all they want, if Jim Gannon has Stevie Hammell in his plans then they'll get a negative response to any approaches.

Paper talk.

Hammell would only go to Dundee for the wage as step down into that league is not exactly a step up, there is no guarentee that Dundee will be promoted.

I would be worried if they were in the SPL, but they are not.

Gannon will have seen Hammell performace against Steaua and there is no way he will even think about getting rid of him.

I'm a bit mystified by all of this. The Dundee story has been circulating for a few days and after Hammell was on the bench for the Flamurtari demolition a lot of people seem to be reading into this that he doesn't fit into JG's plans. I don't see it that way at all.

While I still don't think we have seen the best of Hammell since he returned I think he is far too good a player not to be in JG's plans. My take on this is that JG will use players to suit his tactics/formation in a given match - because a certain player doesn't feature in the starting XI doesn't mean he is out of favour. It's all about horses for courses and Jim seems to be more than capable of working out what we need. After all, Jamie Murphy scored a hat-trick against Flamurtari, then was on the bench for the trip to Bucharest but started in the home leg !

Would be disappointed if Hammell wanted to leave or if I have called this wrong and he isn't part of JG's long-term plans...........but I'm willing to put my trust in a manager he appears to know what he's doing.

Stuart.

He is under contract, so a fee would be required. Dundee can come back with 200k or shut up.

You mean when he was fouled <_>

EastStandWellFan I think is spot on, although I think him being "dropped" for Flamurtari had more to do with Gannon trying to figure out where was the best place to play Reynolds more than anything. Against Steaua as soon as a change was needed it was Hammell he brought on, and at home he was back in the left back position when he moved Reynolds to in front of the defence.

<_<

Agreed for what it's worth, I saw no trip!

Like the full second half, all I saw was Hammell getting roasted with a ball over his head to their right winger and this time falling down over it. Realising he was well beaten then start to claim a foul.

I see this thread as pure media and fan speculation. As new players come into the 1st team, other squad players get put to one side - then the rumours start. I like the fact that 6 weeks in the hot seat, Jim Gannon has never once been directly quoted as having an interest in either signing or releasing one player. In keeping his cards close to his chest he avoids other clubs chasing his targets and maintains some professional integrity.

Hammell, along with the discussion on the Ins and Outs about Fitzpatrick, Smith and McGarry, are members of the Motherwell squad. I personally can't see the sense in punting Hammell anyway. Until JG's goal of signing another 3-4 players is achieved, I doubt there will be any departures.

With regards Hammell's defensive shortcomings - I think some hard work and good coaching can help him improve.

I personally beleive this is nonsense, Stevie is a quality player on his day and was involved in a Scotland B International recently. A step down a league cant help his chances of making the full squad with the injuries at the moment.

On the other hand if Stevie is in the Huff for being benched then thats too bad, its a squad game and every player is needed to perform when asked and have 100% committment to the team when asked.

I beleive Hammill is definately in JG's plans for the following season, he is an established player in the SPL and to loose him after the other 9 we have lost will be disasterous.

I like Stevie, hes a great wee player but i thinkf hes better as a LAM than LB.

Hope he doesnt go or if he does at least £250K and a replacement will need to be brought in ASAP.

You cant play youngsters in every position, that would see us relegated. :lol: