Players Using This Board?

CoF

I would urge everyone to go all 'Happy-Clappy' :D on the players any time they do make an appearance in a Motherwell shirt to show that we are all wishing every success in their endeavours.

They may not be everyone's idea of silky soccer but I have yet to understand what can be gained from fans booing their own players :thumbup: (& this unfortunately has happened in the past). Leave the coach to give them a rollicking for a mis-placed pass and continue to cheer them on. At least that way they won't be too scared of trying the pass...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep congrats your right, unfortunetly you dont win a prize though!. for those who just want to know and dont like the teasers, in addition to kinniburgh and mcdonald,corrigan, mclean hammell, clarkson and rab mckinnon also read these that i know of. im sure though there are a lot more players that would have a peek. in relation to what melvin said i think its only human nature that players would be gutted to see any of us slagging them off, albeit this forum is all about opinions, but im sure if we had more positive comments than we would negative it would only be on a whole to the benefit of the team.

So what ur saying is. . . . . if more people were posative towards players, then the team would play better ?

I think there's two aspects to this.

I don't believe it's right to come on here and say that a certain player is "a bawbag", "a wee ned" or "a complete dick" based on rumour or one chance meeting in a pub. Even if you should know the person, it's not really fair game on a public forum where they are unable to defend themselves without exposing their identities. And I think that we're all entitled to a wee bit of privacy.

However, irrespective of how many players read this forum, I think performances are fair game for criticism. Most people tend to stay away from the simple "he's utter pish" and go with "he was utter pish today". Professional players must know that this type of criticism (justified or not) comes with the territory. Any player coming on to a fans' forum must have a fair idea that there will be those there who don't rate them that highly. And there will be those that think they're the best thing since sliced bread. It's the way of things. If they can't take it, they need to grow a set. I'm not a believer in berating individuals in the team whilst at a game as I don't think it helps. But if players can't take negative comments on a forum then they shouldn't be on them...

By the way, I'm Luc Nijholt... :P

Why should we care about what Scott McDonald thinks about what we think of him? He's made his move and it's turned out well for him, if he were really concerned about what a few fans on a Motherwell fans forum thought about him 3 years on, I think he needs to get a life.

Anyone can read the boards, the entire first team could be logged on here if they wanted to be, I'm sure it wouldn't change the way that people posted.

I don't think a message board effects the players at all.

They get yelled at by team mates, coaching staff, opposition fans and supporters and written about in the media.

If you can handle all that you don't need to worry about a message board too much and if you can't then you are never going to be a footballer.

It's like being in the creative arts, bad reviews are just part of the job.