St Johnstone Match Thread - The Dawning Of A New Era!

steelboy

I have been looking forward to this game for weeks but last night's disappointment in OSlo has put me on a bit of a downer.

Hopefully I'm in a far better mood when I'm driving back down the road on Saturday night.

St Johnstone have had a very decent pre-season so a 2-2 draw wouldn't be a disaster. Just hope its an entertaining affair.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never been to McDairmid Park before

i've seen quite a few memorable moments there.

mcdonald making his debut and scoring in the cup.

woods getting chipped from the halway line in davies first game when we got pumped 5-0

spencer running 60 yards then firing in a 30 yard screamer

stevie hammell racially abusing momo sylla

Jim O'Brian at RIGHT BACK? You've got to be having a girraffe. :lol: . Motherwell dont do clean sheets bit if we did then 2-0 to us. In reallity 2-1. :lol: .

O'Brien actually coped OK playing RB against Steaua I thought (penalty aside). Not his best position,granted, but

better than Saunders or anyone else we've tried there.

I think we'll start with the same X1 that began against Steaua last week, although maybe Jennings may come in. O'Brien aint a natural right back but seems to take advantage of the extra room coming forward, so as long as he keeps an eye on his defensive duties we should (hopefully) be okay.

Any win will be great, so I'm going for 3-1 although with a few scary moments!

O'Brien actually coped OK playing RB against Steaua I thought (penalty aside). Not his best position,granted, but

steaua didn't put us under much pressure though. he was horrific defensively against flamutari. looks like they'll have that big murray davidson at left mid, probably best to have someone decent in the air against him.

the one downside about having played so many competitive games is that any suprise element we may have had will be gone. i wouldn't be suprised to see slane getting a few early hard fouls in the opening two fixtures and forbes not being given any time on the ball.

i have to disagree here mate.

though o'brien did well at right back, he done well going down the right wing, however his inability to tackle without givivng awayy dafts fouls could screw us !!

i think saunders would be the best option at right back.. unless we sign a better player, but unil then, young saunders gets myy vote for right back :lol:

I haven't been so excited about the start of a season since 82-83 season. I don't think St Johnstone know what is about to hit them. Well by 3 in a very easy day I have no clue as to what formation or team JG will play.

Billy Dods reckons 1-1

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/s...rem/8198929.stm

St Johnstone v Motherwell

_46198907_stjohnstone_motherwell.gif It's a big welcome back to the Premier League for St Johnstone with a home game.

They couldn't ask for a better match, against a team that they're capable of taking points off. It'll be a hard-fought game, but I think St Johnstone will play an open game in a bid to take three points.

Motherwell look to have found a good manager and they've got a lot of hungry young players who will make it difficult for teams all season.

I can't see this match being high-scoring, and it'll probably end in a draw. A lot of Motherwell's big-name players are gone now, so they'll be relying on experience from guys like Stephen Craigan to get them through matches.

It'll also be a test for the SPL's two new managers and I think they'll both be happy to go home with a draw.

Prediction: 1-1

1-0 Motherwell.

-----------------------------------------Ruddy

------------------------------Hutchison---------Craigan

O'Brien--------------------------------Reynolds---------------------Hammell

-----------------------Forbes-----------------Coke----------------------------

Murphy-----------------------Sutton-----------------------------Slane

That team looks shit hot in my book.

ma team for sat.

-------------------------ruddy------------------------------

------------------------craigan------------------------------

humpty--lasley--jennings--hately--coke--reynolds--forbes--slane