• Jim O'Brien
    • Giles Coke
    • John Sutton
    • Ross Forbes
    • Jamie Murphy
    • Chris Humphrey
    • Bob McHugh
    • Null Vote

I was surprised the Sunday Mail only gave a 3 to Bob McHugh.

I wasn't. They also gave Dougie McDonald a 7/10 rating and said he handled the game well.

Voted for Forbes. He misplaced a number of passes but when he got it right it was superb and he seems to be the heart of the team when things are going well. Just now to wait and see how he copes when we're really up against it. However, his class was what kept us in the game yesterday IMO.

Thought O'Brien had a cracking second half but was loathe to try and go past players in the first for some reason. There were a number of occaisions I felt that he head the measure of the right-back but chose to stop and pass back/inside instead.

Forbes for me. Very composed on the ball, although can tend to dwell on it at times. That said he was terrific again yesterday, and what a goal!

Hately for me only signed during the week and shoved straight into right back and I though did an excellet shift

What was Hammel doing at the kick off after the first goal ? Was he arguing with the St Johnstone fans ?

Did anyone see the Well fan throwing his pie at Hammell in total frustration, it only just made it onto the pitch. Police took him away for a chat but let him go back to his seat. Funny as fuck. :lol:

Like most, I too went for Ross Forbes. Class performance. What was he like last season?

Special mention for a good shift from Jimbo O'Brien - especially since he must have been all syched up for a day's shift at Right Back.

Tom Hateley did well making an unexpected debut - out of position. Or has JG signed him cos full back is just one of many positions he can play?

Hateley for me, had a hand in both goals and was solid throughout. Forbes was class and his goal compilation dvd, 'Forbesy's Finest' lets say, is taking shape nicely.

Coke very good in the air and in the tackle, more to come from him I'm sure. Murph, McHugh, Humph and especially JOB were excellent in forward areas and with Slane to return that's looking good. Just the powerful frontman to arrive and we'll be tearing teams apart.