Gannon And Boyle At War?

dazamfc

I was playing football today for my team and I heard a few guys who were watchin the game talking about John Boyle and Jim Gannon having a fall out.From what I heard John Boyle is not happy that Jim Gannon is bringing in new English coaches and also that Jim Gannon is ment to have told the under 17 coach what team to pick and how to manage the team.I am not saying that it is a 100% true but that what I heard.

Heard a few nuggets doing the rounds...craigan no happy, reynolds handing in a transfer request, english players being treated like gods by gannon. Seems like gossip.

Gannon comes across as a very shrewd individual, and will look after the club, long term, better than his predecessor.

Gannon is after all the Manager and should be in charge of all the football making decisions.

There are a few too many rumours of rifts etc for them to be categorically untrue. If he is not treating his players with respect then his man management skills must be called into question. For sure there is a diplomatic way of letting people down or explaining your views.

That said I find it somewhat refreshing that he is so confident in his own mind. Clearly at half time had things stayed the same we would have quite possibly lost that match. By making those bold changes we won the second half 2-1 and in the end came away with an away point having been behind twice.

I am firmly in the camp that players are not immune from criticism regardless their experience and seniority and that is just life. Gannon's job is to turn Motherwell into a top 6 SPL team and if he ruffles a few feathers along the way - then so be it!

Last week he made comments about needing leaders on the park and that as a fan I can most definitely connect with. If we are not playing well or the players are under par - we need someone on the park that will give them a rollicking or a kick up the backside. That is why Gannon is frustrated.

McGhee hardly ever made substitutions even when things were patently not working. Gannon is quite obviously going to change the starting 11 and squad as he sees fit and no-one is assured of a first team place week in week out. The players might not like that - but it hopefully will reap rewards during the season.

From what I heard John Boyle is not happy that Jim Gannon is bringing in new English coaches

I very much doubt Boyle would have a dissagreement over what staff Jim can bring in, most managers now bring in who they know because they can trust them. Who gives a fuck if they're english, as long as they can do the job

I very much doubt Boyle would have a dissagreement over what staff Jim can bring in, most managers now bring in who they know because they can trust them. Who gives a fuck if they're english, as long as they can do the job

thats what i thought

As much as I agree, but surely some folk never thought that way, when Terry Butcher became assistend to Mr Burley!

As much as I agree, but surely some folk never thought that way, when Terry Butcher became assistend to Mr Burley!

That is a little different though. International football should be about the best players and coaching staff from that particular country, well that is my opinion anyway. I didn't agree when Vogts was appointed when Craig Brown picked English players whose Gran bought a tartan scarf in scotland 80 years earlier and don't agree that Butcher should be Scotland assistant.

Its the managers job to deal with all footballing issues and sometimes you need very big bollox to take control, knowing that if it all goes tits up then its the manager that gets it.

Boyle did a good bit of business getting a manager like Gannon to come to Fir Park and JG wants to put himself in the shop window and do that by building a team and playing slick, attacking football. He is a proper manager in the mould of Ferguson at Man U who knows football and takes no shite from players who are paid to do a job.

JG is in charge and everyone knows that and if players dont like the fact that they may get dropped when they are pish then they can disappear - no single player is bigger than the team or the club and some of these players had it too easy under Malpas and then MMG.

And I hope JG is havin a battle with JB and getting the people, skills and resources he needs to turn us into a team with a decent future.

I can confirm.................. That it is complete and utter nonsense.

'Flow

Flow yer talking shite,

I was at the Villa Connection at 8 pm last night,getting set meal "C" (Popadoms,chicken pakora,any 2 mealsfrom the menu) tremendous value <_<

It takes about 10-15 mintes so I nicked down to the "Brandon" for a quick pint.

When I got there Gannon and Boyle were stripped to the waist and kicking lumps out of each other............

John had lost his wig, the lot !!!!!!

But they sorted it out and agreed Ruddy is better than Smith ! :lol: