Motherwell Last/nearly Last Minute Winners Or Goals

Finlay

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the point of last minute goals AGAINST us then Kilmarnock are fucking notorious for it. I remember us pumelling them on New Years day once only for that big Kevin McGowne to score in the last minute to beat us 2-1. Fat Sally (McCoist) also scored for them that day. And then there was the game that Stevie Woods let them back into it when he whacked a clearance of Scott Leitch's arse to give Paul Wright a tap in. We then went on to absolutey dominate the second half, only to squander chance after chance and then in the last minute, they waltz up field and Christophe Cocard beat Woods at his near post to give them the points. And there's been many, many more...

Forgot about those two!

Wright scored into Cooper end if I remember correctly. Cocard scored into the away end, think I did a wee dance on the wall after he scored!

Without checking back seem to remember Andy Walker or Rab Stewart scoring a late yin v Brechin tae clinch 1st Div title back in 85
Walker, I think.

Don't remember how late the equaliser was in the Skol Cup semi against Shellic in '86, but it generated some excitement too. Until the penalty shoot-out.