Motherwell Last/nearly Last Minute Winners Or Goals

Finlay

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread would not be complete without mentioning John Philliben's injury time equaliser in the Scottish Cup at Tannadice - 1994 if I recall. Shame we lost the replay - but when Softy scored it was pandemonium.

Stuart.

:blush:

I'd forgotten that one... Utter bedlam!

Viva Philliben.

Oh aye, has to be my most favourite celebration of any goal we've scored. We were crammed into that bit in front of the corner stand, which they don't use now, and it was so packed farts couldn't escape until you actually left the ground. Unbelieveable celebrations. What reply...blanked it out so I did!

Foran's late, late penalty winner up at Invershneckie sparked wild celebrations amongst the few of us who were there as well.

Foran's late, late penalty winner up at Invershneckie sparked wild celebrations amongst the few of us who were there as well.

Sparked a right we roar in the Horseshoe Bar in the town as well! Although it quickly became evident that maself and PettyWulliegrew were the only 'Well fans in the gaff...

Oh aye, has to be my most favourite celebration of any goal we've scored. We were crammed into that bit in front of the corner stand, which they don't use now, and it was so packed farts couldn't escape until you actually left the ground. Unbelieveable celebrations. What reply...blanked it out so I did!

Was that the game wheer Golac gave us the viccies?

Stephen Pearson headed home a late winner against Killie during Terry Butchers reign, Cooper end, first home game of the season perhaps?

I'm sure that was an equaliser in a 2-2. I remember saying when we got the corner that whoever scored, I'd have their children. Mitch (I think) said to me "What even Pearson? Ginger weans??" I think I said aye. The goal celebrations where we were consisted of several people piling on top on me shouting "GINGER WEANS!!!"...

Pearos heider against Killie was a 2-1 win for the 'Well.

I also remember a last minute Dougie Ramsay winner away to Dumfermline on the last game of the season '98/'99.

Tommy Coynes heider v Celtic in the Cup in season '93/'94 was with only about 5 to go I'm sure.

Ray Faminghams diving heider that emptied Ibronx in 10 seconds flat in the late '80's.

Willie Falconer's heider 2-1 v the h**s in '97/'98 in the league almost made up for Woods howler against them in the cup a few months before.

A few to be getting on with.....

Ian Angus at Parkhead after Gary Gillespie's slack passback to give us a, that was a goody.

Remember Stuart Elliot too, coming up with a late equaliser in a 2-2 draw with Killie at Fir Park, possibly in the last wee bit of Billy Davies reign.

Kaiser's been mentioned already too I'm thinking of a 2-2 with Dunfermline where we came from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 that and it might well have been him to got that late equaliser.

Colin O'Neill with a late winner against Morton in the League Cup to secure a 4-3 win when the Ton were harshly denied when their goal in the last minute of normal time was chopped off harshly.

Same competition a few years earlier Ray Farningham was it against the Section B at Broomfield. That was a last minute winner too I think - though the fuckers have got their own back several times since.

EDIT: Gazzy's beat me too it with the Kaiser one.

I've not had the pleasure of witnessing many last minute winners however this thread got me thinking about one of the pishest and most boring games of fitba I've been to. Motherwell - Raith Rovers at Fir Park, absolutely freezin December in 1996, it was pourin with rain, about 40 folk there, don't think the ball went near either penalty box for the entire match due to the non stop mistakes, not a single shot on goal till about the 92nd minute when jobbies.

McClair vs Shellic in January 1983, which carried the following commentary from Jock Brown:

"...ooooh Bonner's almost misjudged it, there's McClair.....and that's the winner for Motherwell! The man on the spot, Brian McClair...."

A magic moment!

This thread would not be complete without mentioning John Philliben's injury time equaliser in the Scottish Cup at Tannadice - 1994 if I recall. Shame we lost the replay - but when Softy scored it was pandemonium.

Stuart.

I was going to mention that one but, for those that were there, I don't think Ray Farningham's 88th minute goal at Ibrox can be beaten (as mentioned by milo). We had hardly been up the park and withstood a pounding before this late breakaway for an absolute robbery. Brilliant!

I've not had the pleasure of witnessing many last minute winners however this thread got me thinking about one of the pishest and most boring games of fitba I've been to. Motherwell - Raith Rovers at Fir Park, absolutely freezin December in 1996, it was pourin with rain, about 40 folk there, don't think the ball went near either penalty box for the entire match due to the non stop mistakes, not a single shot on goal till about the 92nd minute when jobbies.

Which was just a few days after this game, when the late, great Jamie Dolan starred in goals....

Motherwell 2 (Davies 39, Ian Ross 89) RaShellic 1 (Hay 83)