Just Leaving

herbie

Hi Stockport fan here, on way up to Motherwell today to see Sir Jims first home game at Fir Park (if the wife ever gets ready). Stockport are away at Brighton today which is even further than your place! Never been to game in Scotland before except at Queen of the South, dont know if that counts as its almost in England.

Hope JG does a great job for you, true legend as player and manager when at Stockport. Probably will try to get seats in Main Stand, may wear County colours so say hello if sat nearby.

Good Effort Mate!!!!! Hope you enjoy the game. Im sure this season that some of the wellboys will reciprocate and head down to Stockport for a days bevvying and football.

(infact, eyeing up your fixtures i see Leeds away is on the weekend of the 5th. Could be a good shout as the alternative will be Scotland/Macedonia and im not to excited about seeing this lot give us the round around at hampden)

Get yourself to Jack Daniels before the game mate and witness the atmosphere building.

Good Idea, although I won't be there ;-)

Everyone in Motherwell should know "THE" Jack Daniel, its only 2 mins walk away from Fir Park, maybe 5 if you had a couple :notworthy:

Great effort!

Enjoy!

Pity didn't see this earlier and could have directed you to the Cooper or East Stands. The view from the Main Stand can be very good but as it was built with the proceeds from the sale of Ian St John and Pat Quinn it has been boycotted by many generations of Motherwell fans since its construction in the early 1960's. The comfort and facilities are a tad ancient too.

Nonetheless, a great result for your maiden trip to the Ark. Here's hoping you and your wife enjoyed the journey north and will return soon.

Cover your remaining open end and Edgeley Park is very similar to Fir Park ........ ?

Motherwell sold Ian St John and Pat Quinn to fund the building of the Main Stand. As a result it was virtually boycotted from its opening in the early 1960's. It is still the most sparsely populated stand at Fir Park on match day.

Even says so in Simon Inglis book - Football Grounds of Great Britain, so it must be true :)

We certainly enjoyed our first trip to Fir Park. Sat in the main stand as my wife seems to find listening to JG ranting more enjoyable than the football, personally i think she fancies Wardy! The ground is very similar to EP with the bonus of both ends being covered and the facilities in the main stand, anyway, were fine. Highlight of the wifes day was finding loos with toilet paper AND hot water.

Motherwells style of play was very reminiscent of Countys back in the good old days of six months ago before our financial meltdown and fire sale of most decent players. Expect more and more passing, forwards, backwards, sideways aslong as you keep possession. Apparently the county players nickname for him was Ancelotti as he wanted them to model their style of play on Milan.

To be honest i wasnt familiar with any of your players but on the one viewing O'Brien on the wing looked the part and Pope i remember from when he took us apart playing for Northampton last season, guess he went in JGs notebook that day. Oh and Ruddy of course who we had on loan for most of our promotion season, absolute quality keeper based on his time at EP, dont know why he doesnt get a look in at Everton. Though apparently loans at other clubs like Crewe and Wrexscum didnt work out as well.

Decided against wearing my county shirt as when we parked up the two adjoining cars were full of Kilmarnock fans whose shirts were very similar to the top i had on and didnt want to cause any confusion as too when my support lay for the day!

So great day all in all, made even better when put on the car radio to find we had won at Brighton, particularly as they have FIVE of our ex-players, hope to do it again maybe later in the season but usually go home and away with County each week so will have to check fixtures.

Cant throw any light on who the two players JG has lined up but if one is a right back then it may be Johnny Mullins at county, he fits the decription of the player he wants and he always spoke very highly of him and thought he had a great future in the game, he also was rumoured, when still at County, to have had a couple of players lined up for season long loans from clubs in the North East (of England) maybe where the forwards from?

Best of luck for the rest of the season and enjoy JG while you have him.

We certainly enjoyed our first trip to Fir Park. Sat in the main stand as my wife seems to find listening to JG ranting more enjoyable than the football, personally i think she fancies Wardy! The ground is very similar to EP with the bonus of both ends being covered and the facilities in the main stand, anyway, were fine. Highlight of the wifes day was finding loos with toilet paper AND hot water.

Motherwells style of play was very reminiscent of Countys back in the good old days of six months ago before our financial meltdown and fire sale of most decent players. Expect more and more passing, forwards, backwards, sideways aslong as you keep possession. Apparently the county players nickname for him was Ancelotti as he wanted them to model their style of play on Milan.

To be honest i wasnt familiar with any of your players but on the one viewing O'Brien on the wing looked the part and Pope i remember from when he took us apart playing for Northampton last season, guess he went in JGs notebook that day. Oh and Ruddy of course who we had on loan for most of our promotion season, absolute quality keeper based on his time at EP, dont know why he doesnt get a look in at Everton. Though apparently loans at other clubs like Crewe and Wrexscum didnt work out as well.

Decided against wearing my county shirt as when we parked up the two adjoining cars were full of Kilmarnock fans whose shirts were very similar to the top i had on and didnt want to cause any confusion as too when my support lay for the day!

So great day all in all, made even better when put on the car radio to find we had won at Brighton, particularly as they have FIVE of our ex-players, hope to do it again maybe later in the season but usually go home and away with County each week so will have to check fixtures.

Cant throw any light on who the two players JG has lined up but if one is a right back then it may be Johnny Mullins at county, he fits the decription of the player he wants and he always spoke very highly of him and thought he had a great future in the game, he also was rumoured, when still at County, to have had a couple of players lined up for season long loans from clubs in the North East (of England) maybe where the forwards from?

Best of luck for the rest of the season and enjoy JG while you have him.

Particularly enjoyed that as our ex keeper was in goals for them aswell :lol: Joining a bigger club my arse :lol: