• Ross Forbes
    • John Sutton
    • Jamie Murphy
    • Jim O'Brien
    • Chris Humphrey
    • Steve Jennings
    • Paul Slane
    • Null Vote

just back from the palace where i met the motm leader o'brien, told him about it and obviously that i voted for him (kiss ass) and he had a good laugh about. good player and a good guy to boot! nice one jim!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair play , im one of O'Brien's fiercest critics but he done well on the ball today for the first two goals (he wasnt going any further at the second !) . Probably the best game ive seen him have in a Motherwell shirt (not much competition IMO) and still believe he'll have to do better than today if he doesnt want to lose his place when Slane is fit !

<_< That sounded painful for you. You wanted so much (and would have preferred) to say he's shite didn't you?

Really good performances all round yesterday, Coke and Forbes bossed midfield and Crags and Hutchinson did fairly well against Kyle and Sammon, but for me Jim O'Brien was sensational yesterday and would've deserved his goal at the start of the second half.

He is a man reborn and if he can keep this kind of form up will be a huge asset.

Many good performances yesterday; Coke, Saunders, Hutchinosn, Forbes, Hately, Sutton all looked really comfortable on the ball and did what they had to do when they didn't have it.

However, O'Brien gets my vote this time.

Also, I thought Reynolds didn't do a bad job at left back. Is he our new Tom Boyd? :O  

SD

:lol: That sounded painful for you. You wanted so much (and would have preferred) to say he's shite didn't you?

:lol::lol: I call it as i see it !

I dont think if we have other options he should be near the team on the evidence so far (over the past year) . IMO he isnt threatening enough in attack and has been a bomb scare defensively this season - the first couple of mins against the Albanians at Airdrie he made a mistake and let the boy in , we couldve been out on our ear instead of an 8-1 win and the money for getting through, his efforts at both Saints goals last week didnt inspire, i dont suppose he pretends that defending is his strongest point though.

He had IMO his best game for us yesterday but like Jim Gannon i thought he couldve done better. It was far from a perfect performance but then again he only needs to be slightly better than shite for some folk to vote him MOTM every week on this site !

That Jim Jeffries says we won fair and square tells you what Killie offered yesterday but that aside O'Brien's confidence must be high so hopefully we get the same from him next week if he is playing as frankly the likes of next week is the type of games where i think he's offered nothing in the year he's been here.

Hopefully you are right and im wrong and yesterday was the launchpad for his season , we can be doing with all the good players we can get - without using the "s" word you tee'd me up with though i just dont see it in him

Well played yesterday though and good to see his never in question effort be rewarded.

Hopefully its the beginning of the second coming :(

Loads of excellent performances yesterday I thought Craigan, Hutchison and Saunders coped well with Killies ariel threat, Fornes and Coke bossed the midfield with an excellent contribution from Hateley Sutton and Murphy led the line well but I thought that the match winner was Jim O'Brien. He was involved in everything and only needed a goal to seal an excellent performance. More please :ph34r:

Voting closed. Bit more belatedly than anticipated but well, ehh I forgot!

A win for Jim O'Brien, Hutch 2nd and a point for Giles Coke in third.

Update of the full standings - pinned at the top of the board - to follow.....

Ta.