Supporters Trust?

Guest 'Flow

I got an email from Al today to expect papers in the post.

I can't really think of any reason to continue subs or join the board at this point in time kmcalpin, although i get where you're coming from.

I'll wait and see if Leeann's offer of some form of consultation forum comes to fruition.

When you're taking money from people there are no excuses for no communication

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone from the Trust look into a letter being sent out to me? I paid the membership at least 6 months ago, online and through paypal so there should be a record of my email address on the system somewhere. I've had no communication from the Trust since I made the payment.

Unfortunately!

I think it's game over for the trust. IMHO they are way way way beyond the point of no return.

People who would at one time have got on board (i.e. me) won't touch the thing with a barge pole and quite rightly so. The arguments over their role, the make up of the board and the mysterious role of Mr Rose perhaps. The lack of communication over the past year has been inexcusable. If I personally was involved in something that collected subscriptions and failed to deliver even the basic information I'd be black affronted - in fact it just wouldn't happen - if you take folks hard earned you deliver the goods - bottom line. Basic common decency folks!!

If Mr Rose and co. appear at the AGM with the intention of carrying on in their previous roles they should be shot wi' a baw o' their ain shite!

The best thing I think would be to wind the thing up and look at alternatives.

I know what you're saying wellgirl - however at the end of the day it's all irrelevent whether we get info or not. Like I say - the parrot is deceased!

Why don't you go along to the AGM and put your point across? It's obvious that all other avenues of communication are all but closed, so surely if you ask whatever questions you may have to the faces of the people in question, that would get you the answers you're looking for?

Not excusing the horrendous communication - don't get me wrong - but going along would maybe give you some closure on the issues that are bugging you.

Thing is Frazzle - We're not talking about the elusive directors of the royal bank of swahililand here - we're talking about people who are well aware of the points that have been made on this forum and elsewhere.

I know I've had my say and I've probably been quite scathing. But at the heart of it I really don't give a fuck about the MST and won't be anywhere near them. I'm not hiding behind my computer I'd quite freely let them know everything I've said if I ever met them - I just don't have the drive to get myself down to Motherwell to say what I've already said here.

Closure for me has been traumatic but thankfully it's now in the past. :doh:

Well stop going on about it then! :doh:

Nah, in all seriousness, I'm absolutely gutted about how things have turned out with the Trust, and I wish I'd never got involved. I feel guilty by association in a way, but I do genuinely believe that the concept of a Supporters Trust is a good thing for a club like ours, and it's a shame that the club and fans don't get the benefit of it.

It would be completely out of order if I, as a past board member, came on here and publicly slated folk who are still serving on the board, but it is pretty obvious that a change is needed but, to be blunt, I'd be tempted to say that too much damage has already been done for a recovery to be made.

I've read a lot of the previous posts and taken a keen interest in this thread since it started.

Since there has to be a clear bridge between the club and fans and steelmenonline and FPC have been a great tool for people like leeanne dempster to know what the fans grumbles are.

On a more positive front having a trust that has fundraisers and gets the fans involved with the club is an essential part of being a motherwell fan.

We are very passionate about our club and want to help and feel that we are a part of the club going forward.

If in fact the MST is dead i'd love to part of a new trust that gets off on the right foot and has a common goal of supporting and being a part of pushing the club forward.

Communication is key and the old mst website was an absolute disgrace in terms of conveying any sort of message to the members who had paid there hard earned.

A website is i believe an essential part of a trust and a cost effective way of letting members know whats happening.

Anybody else who is interested in undertaking this new venture please pm me.

I've never had any involvement of any kind with trusts in the past and it would be up to whoever is interested to come up with what the trust would stand for and what we would be looking to achieve for the greater good of the club.

Did it say on your documentation who was still on the board? By my reckoning it would be Martin Rose, Sandra Aird, John Wilson, Jim Frame, Andy Ross and Alistair Stewart. Six folk.

And this is from the MST Constitution....

"54. With effect from the Society’s first annual general meeting, the Society Board is to have not less than 8 and not more than 15 members and will be made up as follows:

a) 12 members of the Society Board or such higher number as shall be required so that elected members of the Board are in the majority over co-opted members will be elected by the members in accordance with such arrangements as shall be determined by the Society Board:

up to 3 members will be co-opted by the Society Board in accordance with a Board Membership Policy which it will develop and adopt."

So technically does that mean they are not able to continue, even if they want to?

That's all well and good, but the past couple of AGMs clearly show that the Trust currently struggle to get a dozen 'Well fans to meet once a year, never mind once a month. And if they've spent the last six months in breach of their own constitution, then surely something has to be done?

I'm not an expert but I would have thought they would have had to have an AGM to disband and allow any members (not board members) the opportunity to join the board to keep it going. If at that time they are unable to do so the AGM could either then disband the organisation or change the wording of the constitution assuming the AGM was quorate. All depends on the deeper wording of the constitution though.

I'm not an expert but I would have thought they would have had to have an AGM to disband and allow any members (not board members) the opportunity to join the board to keep it going. If at that time they are unable to do so the AGM could either then disband the organisation or change the wording of the constitution assuming the AGM was quorate. All depends on the deeper wording of the constitution though.

Have a mate down here who reads these boards regularly (with a bit of luck this may goad him into posting himself) and he has been asking about our Trust for some time now.

His reasonably neutral observation the other night was stark - if the Trust continues as is, it can only be through self interest.

Am not saying that I necessarily agree with his point, but certainly can see where he is coming from. If they really are struggling to get more than a dozen folk interested as Frazzle suggests, then it really should be game over.

The Trust should have been fantastic for a club like ours - the biggest endictment may well be that few will miss it if/when it goes.

I just hope they don't have the audacity to try a relaunch with any of the old faces.

Let's hope the AGM is just the delivery of the death certificate.

I'll say again that the folk that I know on the Trust Board have given their all.

Whether or not the Trust "relaunches" with any of the old faces is not up to them....its up to others, currently on the sidelines, to take up the baton. I'm quite certain many if not all of the current Board would welcome others on board to relaunch. You can't blame the current board for carrying on if no-one else steps up to ring.

i'll be up front and say no matter what i'll not be joining or attending the meeting.

i am however wondering what sort of objectives the trust have these days? i can't really think of any pressing issues right now and the biggest thing the trust have tackled during the past couple of years (the phil o'donnell tribute) seems to be up in the air at the moment.