Man Utd

Claret&Amber

While we had a few first-team scottish players missing, yesterdays starting 11 only had 3 scottish players in it. :thumbup: admittedly though, Murphy, Saunders, McHugh and Slane should feature a lot this season so its not too much of a worry. That boy Pollock looks pretty handy too :lol:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually thought Fitzpatrick was really good when he came on yesterday. Hes not far away from being a very good footballer but he seems unlikely to cut out the daft mistakes at this stage in his career that make him the easy target for the boo boys.

Extremely worthwhile exercise, saw some fine fitba' at times, low key affair at others but good to get another opportunity to the see that young team (Motherwell that is) and for them to get some more game time in before next Saturday.

Beating Man Utd to win a trophy? Defo worth it. -_-

I'll dicth the 'white specs' and eat humble pie then shall I :P

Perhaps I'm too remote to appreciate the bigger picture, but I just couldn't see the point of it all ........ and the reference to a man, who admittedly achieved great things at Man-U, but did eff all for MFC or indeed his home community.

The lollipop lady on Ladywell Road is more deserving of an accolade imho.

Yip you must be too remote. :P

It wasn't about Man Utd or even Motherwell, the game was a curtain raiser for a new initiative/charity which will hopefully help Lanarkshire kids and give some of them a better chance in life. Something to be supported in my humble. But some had other agendas to pursue for whatever reason.

End of the day if nothing else it was another chance to see Gannons' Young Guns above all else, fine way to spend an afternoon. B-)

was there any Man Utd fans there?

Travelling from the North West for a reserve match? Dedication. Going by the accents heading to/from the match they didn't have too many locals swelling their support. For those who have followed Bravo's Danny Dyer series and the 'Toughest pubs in Britain' on Sky, we were graced with the presence of Eddie Beef/Eddie the Beef. Let's just say the years haven't been kind... looked like a brass monkey in all honesty.

About 200-300 maybe. A fair few I walked past had English Accents tae. I expected a large bulk of them to be Scottish Based "fans". Fair play to those 300 though.

As for the game, well worth it - and silverware at the end too :cheers:

There were actually around 500 fans in the South Stand on Sunday of which I'd guess that just under half were from Scotland.

3500 is a very good crowd; not far off 'Well's average gate. I hope all those who went along enjoyed it for what it was and think it was worthwhile. Pity Fergie wasn't there, but the legend that is Ole Gunnar is doing a fine job with the reserves. Who knows, perhaps one day the first teams will meet in the Champions League :P ; where there's life there's hope. My mrs has told me several times that Motherwell are now British champions and everyone will want to beat them :D

3500 is a very good crowd; not far off 'Well's average gate. I hope all those who went along enjoyed it for what it was and think it was worthwhile. Pity Fergie wasn't there, but the legend that is Ole Gunnar is doing a fine job with the reserves. Who knows, perhaps one day the first teams will meet in the Champions League :D ; where there's life there's hope. My mrs has told me several times that Motherwell are now British champions and everyone will want to beat them :D

Funnily enough that's exactly what I've been telling folk all week. :lol:

'mon the Mighty Dossers. :(

Emmm, naw cos we werenae British Champions until Sunday. Cannae go making ridiculous retrospective claims just to satisfy a juvenile sense of humour. :D
Ah, my mistake. I thought we were playing it like the Champions League with lots of meaningless games in between the deciders.