Best Bun Moments

Special aka

Have many good, bad and indifferent memories from watching Motherwell against the Govan Ghouls. I've seen us cheated by officials, and players and pitch invasions by fans to influence games against theses bay sterds.

Best one for me has to be our victory at the Bronx in the winter of 1993. A Dougie Arnott double in the last 10mins secured a 2-1 triumph and maintained our place atop the League. 1800 Dossers gave it laldy in the lower-Broomloan that night, and I spent half the journey back along the M8 hanging out wee Hammy's sun-roof giving the Buns some well earned V's.

C'mon the Well :lol:

The Owen Coyle double at Ibrox to stop the fuckers getting nine in a row on their home soil.

I will always remember it for the pre-match build up on TV ; never mentioned M'Well once, all it did was interveiw ex players etc who had all came along to see their magnificent bears lift the trophy.

Oweny pissed all over their party. Also remember Shaun McSkimming nutmegging someone (Alan McLaren I think) and dropping my drink in amazement

The Owen Coyle double at Ibrox to stop the fuckers getting nine in a row on their home soil.

I will always remember it for the pre-match build up on TV ; never mentioned M'Well once, all it did was interveiw ex players etc who had all came along to see their magnificent bears lift the trophy.

Oweny pissed all over their party. Also remember Shaun McSkimming nutmegging someone (Alan McLaren I think) and dropping my drink in amazement

Seem to remember it took them well over FOUR minutes before they got out of their own half of the park at the start of the game! Only 150 of us despite an allocation of around three times that (the rest were taken by home fans who were made to regret it). What a magical day!

I think my favourite was the 2-1 win at Fir Park in Tommy McLean's last season. People were talking as if Rangers just had to turn up to win even though we were having a great season and had already beaten them. That win blew the league title open again, with us actually having an outside chance of winning it! Heady days.

The Ibrox win that same season was a cracker. To be fair we took a pounding for most of the match and then got two quick goals to win. Hugged a few strangers that night!

Didn't Richard Gough score a very late own goal to give us a win around the same period?

March 98 for myself.

This was the day that the hvn wore their lilac 'European' strip which really was honking. I had my mate Aldo, a Liverpool season ticket-holder staying with me for the weekend and he was impressed from about 2.57 pm when the wolfwhistles began.

Sally scored, though we equalised just before half-time.

I seem to recall that we'd loads of chances to win it (might be rose-tinted specs), though in the end we did with Falconer late on. 2-1 final score.

Apparently this was Kampman's first match, though I didn't realise this at the time.

Oh, on another thread there is disapointment about today's attendance. This match was 2,500 more fans though NOT on satellite TV as far as I recall.

My mate left FP very impressed, especially with big Buff that day. :wallbash:

SD 

Have many good, bad and indifferent memories from watching Motherwell against the Govan Ghouls. I've seen us cheated by officials, and players and pitch invasions by fans to influence games against theses bay sterds.

Best one for me has to be our victory at the Bronx in the winter of 1993. A Dougie Arnott double in the last 10mins secured a 2-1 triumph and maintained our place atop the League. 1800 Dossers gave it laldy in the lower-Broomloan that night, and I spent half the journey back along the M8 hanging out wee Hammy's sun-roof giving the Buns some well earned V's.

C'mon the Well :lol:

ah i remember that game like it were yesterday chants of "some perty walter" and many a v sign thrown in the direction of the main stand!

Best one for me has to be the first 'Well v h**s game I went to...it was around '75 - '76 (the first season of the premier league after they changed from the old first div.

Anyways, we drew something like five games at the start of the season (including the Mhankies), then lost away to the whipping boys for the season (St Johnstone), then followed that up with a home win against Hibs. Then came the h**s at home. One down early on and I'm sure it was Bobby Watson who lofted one in to the top corner from what seemed like miles out. Canny mind who scored the other two, but we fucked them over 3-1 and it was the first time I can remember (i'd be about 13) where i was hoarse, breathless, excited to fuck, almost greetin' and every other thing going all at the same time. Have never lost that feeling you get when you see the 'Well butt-fuck either of the old firm :-)

22nd October 1983 h**s 1 Motherwell 2

Junior Burns scored a late winner (after Andy Ritchie had equalised with a pen) in front of a sparse crowd at Ibrox. Rangers were going through a really bad spell then and all the glory hunting bastards had crawled back under their stones.

Was on Bridgeworks bus that day and seem to remember a big protest by the h**s after the game outside their main stand. I think Jock Wallace was their manager at the time and that result led to his sacking.

Always nice to beat the h**s! <_<

Best one for me has to be the first 'Well v h**s game I went to...it was around '75 - '76 (the first season of the premier league after they changed from the old first div.

Anyways, we drew something like five games at the start of the season (including the Mhankies), then lost away to the whipping boys for the season (St Johnstone), then followed that up with a home win against Hibs. Then came the h**s at home. One down early on and I'm sure it was Bobby Watson who lofted one in to the top corner from what seemed like miles out. Canny mind who scored the other two, but we fucked them over 3-1 and it was the first time I can remember (i'd be about 13) where i was hoarse, breathless, excited to fuck, almost greetin' and every other thing going all at the same time. Have never lost that feeling you get when you see the 'Well butt-fuck either of the old firm :-)

Late October 1976, was in first year at Dalziel, missed the game as my gran died,I'm sure celtic lost the league cup final to Aberdeen the same day.

22nd October 1983 h**s 1 Motherwell 2

Junior Burns scored a late winner (after Andy Ritchie had equalised with a pen) in front of a sparse crowd at Ibrox. Rangers were going through a really bad spell then and all the glory hunting bastards had crawled back under their stones.

Was on Bridgeworks bus that day and seem to remember a big protest by the h**s after the game outside their main stand. I think Jock Wallace was their manager at the time and that result led to his sacking.

Always nice to beat the h**s! :D

Jock Wallace was our manager, John Greig was the h**s. Greig was sacked very soon after and Jock Wallace left us to go back to them for a second time. We were 1-0 down before Ritchie scored, and then Junior Burns poked in a low cross to win 2-1.

Shit crowd that day, but with a large contingent of Well fans, many not wearing colours <_<

Happy days

Jock Wallace was our manager, John Greig was the h**s. Greig was sacked very soon after and Jock Wallace left us to go back to them for a second time. We were 1-0 down before Ritchie scored, and then Junior Burns poked in a low cross to win 2-1.

Shit crowd that day, but with a large contingent of Well fans, many not wearing colours <_<

Happy days

Was that not our only away win that season ?(With only 2 at home ?)

Happy days

:doh:

How time fades the memory. I knew the h**s manager was not very popular after that game.

I do recall the large contingent of Well fans not wearing colours.

I remember a game there a season or 2 later where it came a bit on top and a certain lad from Ayr had his ear 'rearranged'! :D