Gary Mac On Sky

Steve Diggle

:notworthy: Watched the playback there - his comments before, at HT and at full time were excellent and a real breath of fresh air. Very positive about his time at the club, the local situation with the OF, the playing surface etc etc etc.

More importantly very positive about the team and the manager. Focusing on the 'well performance and not having any of the 'Rangers were poor' argument.

Huge contrast to what I've seen about that wee diving fud Neil Mccann (I still canny forgive that wee shite for collapsing like a 20p music stand in the CIS final) referring to all his rangers pals by their first name terms during the game. Kenny this, Barry that (aye that's right the departed Barry)

Unprofessional, illiterate wee fud. A complete o.g. by Sky there. He makes Craig Burley and Scott Booth sound like Bill Mclaren.

Aye he was good and it's nice to see.

One wee point though, i'm only mentioning this because of things people were blowing out of proportion in the pub last night.....can we all just realise that rangers WERE poor yesterday. Motherwell played very very well and made rangers look even poorer,however - even with motherwell playing out their skin,they never really made mcgregor earn his wages so can we get this whole big idea out our head that motherwell shoulda won at a canter?

(and i dont mean on here as much,but some of the people last night were talking as if motherwell walked all over rangers - the stats don't lie, rangers could easily have put the ball in the back of the net on a lot more occassions than motherwell yesterday - the fact a lot of people are nominating ruddy for MOTM would go to prove that.........)

One thing i did notice today was, see that fucking dream team on the sinday mail. ALLAN MCGREGOR in goals - as i've just said,apart from saving the penalty - he hardly done anything other than take by kicks for 90minutes whilst Ruddy had a few good saves! Obviously i didn'y see the 90mins of the other games yesterday but suerly someone was more deserving than Mcgregor.

Where's Matt J ? Seem to remember him saying a while back that Gary was a Manchester United fan :) , but in Scotland his team is Motherwell. Like I said, seems a good bloke :)

:nod: Tht'a true, when he was at school Man U had him down for trials every school holiday and they were his No.1 but Motherwell were definitely his Scottish team.

he was a rangers fan as a boy saw an interview with him in an old rangers program my dad was selling on ebay

Piffle. As ordered by the then editor. This a common trait with Rangers publications :P

Andy Devlin of The Sun sports pages was employed by The Rangers News post journalistic qualifications. They ran a feature on employees at that time, when asked "What he liked most about his job", his answer was given along the lines of "The chance to see and work with my heroes everyday". Absurd. Known all the Devlins for years, Motherwell through and through.

Not quite as observant as I thought (from today's Herald)

“Motherwell deserved to win on Saturday, no doubt about it, but this is a totally different proposition now and one Rangers are well suited to,” McAllister told The Herald. “Motherwell got in their faces but Stuttgart will try to play and that is when Walter Smith’s counter-attacking style comes into play. I have seen them play that 4-1-4-1 a lot in Europe and they are good at it. It suits them.”
We didn't 'get in their faces' on Saturday, we passed them off the park.

Did his Da no work in Ravenscraig? Koz im sure my dad knows him from then?

Big Sam, aye he did. I think he worked in the stripmill, 'cos I worked in the mill stores and he used to come in there. He played golf at Colville Park, not sure if he still does. Gary is also a scratch golfer I believe, I remember going to see him compete in the Scottish Boys Championship at Monifieth as a youngster.

Big Sam, aye he did. I think he worked in the stripmill, 'cos I worked in the mill stores and he used to come in there. He played golf at Colville Park, not sure if he still does. Gary is also a scratch golfer I believe, I remember going to see him compete in the Scottish Boys Championship at Monifieth as a youngster.

Think Sam plays at Wishae now. I once played in a medal with Gary's brother at Colvilles, and he walked in after 9 holes in disgust at his game. Must have Gary's competitive streak I guess!