Next 3 Spl Games

carlukemurray

We should be beating Falkirk at home but we don't have a particularly good record in recent years.

Likewise Hibs at Fir Park, and Dundee United away will be a tough fixture.

4 points wouldn't be bad at all but the more the merrier.

Usually a tough fixture ,but we beat them 4-0 up there last season.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see the majority keeping their feet firmly on the ground. Arabs away is a toughy. I admit to looking at Falkirk as 3 points, but we've dropped points off them in the past and we'll do the same this term. As for Hibs - depends what mood they're in.

4 points likely, 5 maybe, 7 is heaven. 9 - get a life! Or Gannon is God.

I watched the Falkirk game last night and actually thought they were quite impressive, they played some nice football and really should have gone infront through a Finbogason header. They did fade really really badly in the last 20 minutes though, i think i'd be happy with 4 points from 9.

ok, i haven;t seen either falkirk, hibs or utd play this season. I do think that based on their current points haul, we should be able to take 3 points from them. hibs at home - absolutley, if we play the way we did against rangers. 3 points. Utd away for me is the tough one but as much as i know that the young lads will have off days, I still don't think we have anything to fear. 3 points is do-able.

watched it too but Falkirk looked better cause Aberdeen were dire. MMG played a 4-3-3 n the midfield + strikers were all over the shop,they didnt have a clue what they were doing, Falkirk did play some decent stuff but as u said,faded badly in the last 20, should be a win, however with them still awaiting their 1st win of the season + us being so accommodating in these circumstances, its gonna be far tougher than it should be

This is where the real test will be fore this team. It's no use playing well and drawing with Rangers if we can't take points from games like Hibs and Falkirk at home. These games will be very difficult for us, especially up at Tannadice because United have made an excellent start to the season and are also unbeaten and Hibs also look pretty handy. Realistically, I think the best we can hope for is four points, as I don't see us getting anything at Tannadice but I can see us drawing one and winning the other of the Hibs & Falkirk games at FP.

I agree with that...

I think if we manage to not lose next week, then we will have enough of a spring in our step to beat Hibs and Falkirk at Fir Park and, as others have said, that would be tremendous and possibly the best first seven games we've ever had!

But then I also like that!

There's something perplexing about the fact that we're having a wee chuckle at Aberdeen's pish start to the season and over the moon with ours yet we are only one point above Aberdeen.

Obviously it's because it's night and day between the quality of football thats been on show but there is a very slight fear in me by the end of the season we will still have drawn a lot of games we really should have won and that our league position won't be indicitave at all of the great football we will probably have played.

I remember McGhee last season going on for quite a few weeks that we were on the verge of giving someone a "real doing" and I canny help but feel we are in a similar situation just now. We seem to be on the edge of something magnificant and I hope Gannon can push us over.

In fact, I've got absolute faith in him to do so. 6 points would be amazing but I'd even take 4 and a comfortable mid table place after these 3 games.

There's something perplexing about the fact that we're having a wee chuckle at Aberdeen's pish start to the season and over the moon with ours yet we are only one point above Aberdeen.

It's night and day between the quality of football thats been on show but there is a very slight fear in me by the end of the season we will still have drawn a lot of games we really should have won and that our league position won't be indicitave at all of the great football we will probably have played.

We shouldn't be laughing at anyone else at this stage in the season, as there are no trophies handed out or - of more concern to us - league places decided in September. I don't yet buy into this "We're miles better than Aberdeen and Gannon is a much better manager than McGhee" just yet. The signs so far are fairly good but it's still early days.

Of the games so far, we've drawn three and won one. Not a bad start atall and had we converted a penalty on Saturday there it could have been even better. However, on the flip side of that, whilst we played well and were disappointed at a draw with Rangers when our play deserved more, it's worth remembering that we were perhaps slightly fortunate to get a point up at St.Johnstone on day one and again up at Aberdeen a few weeks back when we were clinging on by our fingernails at the end of the game, so it could easily have been worse aswell.

What is encouraging for me though is that we seem to have tightened things up at the back somewhat and our defensive display on Saturday when we barely gave Rangers a sniff was night and day to Perth on the opening day when we were at times all over the place. If we just had a bit more of a cutting edge up front it could have been so much better for us.

As I said earlier on, I think these next three games will give us a much better idea of how our season will pan out.

Our best start to a league season in 14 years - what more would you like ?

Well, four wins of course. :thumbup:

But seriously, I'm not knocking our start to the season, it's a lot better than I expected and considering we have came through a trip to the newly promoted side aswell as Pittodrie and a game against Rangers unbeaten then you've got to take heart from that.

is that actually our best start in 14 years? Surely we've won 2 and drawn at least one of our first four games in that time?

Although we are notorious slow starters i guess

Well we took 9 in our first 4 in McGhee's first season.

St Mirren (W) 1-0

ICT (W) 2-1

Killie (L) 1-2 (possibly the most dominant Motherwell performance in years, and yet we lost..)

Gretna (W) 2/3-1 (can't mind which - the one hit it Porter's arse and Keef scored from his cross)

after the result today there is no reason why we cant get 9 points out of the 3 fixtures as todays result is a great 3 points then win our next 2 home games or maybe im just hoping but in all seriousness 1 point against hibs and 3 against falkirk is realistic what a time to be a wel fan superb :P

And...

If we win our next two games, and with the Turd Twins playing each other a week on sunday, the worst that we can be is clear in third place, one point behind second and only two points off the top!

Depending on the result of the Old Scum Game, the top 3 would be:

Blue Turds win:

1. Blue Turds 17pts

2. Green Turds 16pts

3. Well 15pts

Draw:

1. Green Turds 17pts

2. Blue Turds 15pts

3 Well 15pts

(Positions depending on goal difference)

Green Turds win:

1. Green Turds 19pts

2. Well 15pts

3. Blue Turds 14pts

So what would you prefer: clear in 2nd place and 4 points off the top or 3rd place and only 2 points off the top?

On the other hand, if we bang the goals in over the next two games, and the Bigot Brothers draw with each other, we could be second and only 2 points off the top!

Isn't unbridled optimism wonderful? :P

So what would you prefer: clear in 2nd place and 4 points off the top or 3rd place and only 2 points off the top?

On the other hand, if we bang the goals in over the next two games, and the Bigot Brothers draw with each other, we could be second and only 2 points off the top!

Isn't unbridled optimism wonderful? :P

2 points aff the top please as it means we'll go to Celtic Park and win and go top the proper way :lol:

Hibs and Falkirk will be really tough games. I would be happy with a point against Hibs and a win over Falkirk, but this is Motherwell FC and we might lose them both!

If we can steer clear of injuries then I am confident we can push for third place, we look really solid at the moment.