Ict

another number

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy to go through but really annoyed with the idiots that were booing Foran when he left the park. Unacceptable!

I agree. Richie was a great servent for us and thought it was a bad show from the fans who done it. However, I have to say alot of fans around me gave him a standing ovation and I thought more cheered than jeered. Mind you we have fans that boo our own players so booing a player of another team hardly surprises me.

Foran was, and still is, shite. I didnt boo him but it was a bit cringeworthy some folk jumpin oot their seat with a stauner to give him a standing ovation leaving the field. He was a lazy c**t who stood about on the wing and generally took the pish most of the time.

Pleased to get the win tonight although we made hard work of it.

Ross Forbes is fast becoming an absolute top boy, like the right back/winger too.

Foran was, and still is, shite. I didnt boo him but it was a bit cringeworthy some folk jumpin oot their seat with a stauner to give him a standing ovation leaving the field. He was a lazy c**t who stood about on the wing and generally took the pish most of the time.

Pleased to get the win tonight although we made hard work of it.

Ross Forbes is fast becoming an absolute top boy, like the right back/winger too.

A bit harsh on Foran but I think the Well support will always be split on him. A bit harsh on the fans as well. I didn't have a stauner but thot I'd show my appreciation for what he done in a Well jersey which IMO wasn't perfect but mostly positive. What was cringeworthy about that?

On Forbes your 100% spot on.

Forbes :8: Class act. I don't know what his pass completion stats were for tonight but I'll bet you they were mighty impressive. Set play delivery was excellent and scored another great goal. MOTM.

Jings, did one of us drop acid before the game? I thought that was the worst performance I've seen from Forbes this season and was half expecting him to get whipped after half an hour. Thought he said too deep most the game, passing was slack, lost any 50/50s and lacked any really creativity.

The teams performance was a little frustrating at times as it seemed no one was willing to take real responsibility in getting the ball forward. We had a lot of chances to open them up if we had a bit more off the ball movement and a bit more urgency but the tactic seemed to be a rather ineffective 'pass and stand still'.

Delighted with the win mind you, gotta do things the hard way otherwise it wouldny be the Motherwell way.

We didn't half make it hard for ourselves tonight. Could be the story of our season though if we don't get a striker in Jan. Porter would have had 4 or 5 tonight the quality of the balls into the box from yassin and hammel were top drawer but there was no one on the end of them.

Lukas does not look like hes up to much at all but Yassin was outstanding! Coke and Hately took a while to come into it but looked better as the game went on.

Looking at the stats 3-2 wasn't a fair reflection on the game 10-1 would be more accurate but delighted to be in the draw. The run goes on

Jim Gannons Motherwell Army

Jings, did one of us drop acid before the game? I thought that was the worst performance I've seen from Forbes this season and was half expecting him to get whipped after half an hour. Thought he said too deep most the game, passing was slack, lost any 50/50s and lacked any really creativity.

The teams performance was a little frustrating at times as it seemed no one was willing to take real responsibility in getting the ball forward. We had a lot of chances to open them up if we had a bit more off the ball movement and a bit more urgency but the tactic seemed to be a rather ineffective 'pass and stand still'.

Delighted with the win mind you, gotta do things the hard way otherwise it wouldny be the Motherwell way.

A bit harsh on Forbes mate. No acids dropped though they are murder to get these days :)

A bit harsh on Forbes mate. No acids dropped though they are murder to get these days :)

Aye your right, I'm not really giving him credit where it's due. He did come into his game, particularly in extra time. Looked much more composed and took his goal brilliantly. Unlucky with the second thumping effort right at the end. I'm usually never one to criticise players but I'm genuinely surprised so many people thought he was excellent tonight.

Just back the night and all I can say is we were very lacklustre. I knew McHugh was scoring first but because of these bloody Mail strikes a couldn;t afford to bet him. The boy done well he ran himself into the ground. I had the feeling he lacked a bit of confidence though as if he thought he didn't belong in the first team, which is daft because he has oodles of talent.

I thought Coke was solid and Forbes won almost everything in the middle of the park. Apart from that the rest of the team were quite poor. I felt we tried to do too much with the ball when the simple ball was the right one. In saying that their keeper was quite good tonight, which begs the question if he was at Inverness how the fuck did we end up with Fraser?

McGarry cameon for a cameo appearance and when you saw his first touch you realise how good the restof our team are. Didn't do enough to prove he deserves a place on the bench every week. Finally, Jamie Murphy (unless he bucks his ideas up) doesn't have what it takes to cut it in the SPL. He has had enough chances and is just not showing enough for me.

Anyway we won and that's all that matters. Bring on Celtic in the quarters cause I hate the wee teams.

I'll play this game

thats way too harsh on Murphy mate

he was very lively and nearly created a couple of goals on his very short outing on the park

I was also quite pleased with McGarrys contribution added a bit of energy to the team most of whom looked very lazy at points this evening.

But hey we're Motherwell, got to pick out individuals to blame eh?

I'll play this game

thats way too harsh on Murphy mate

he was very lively and nearly created a couple of goals on his very short outing on the park

I was also quite pleased with McGarrys contribution added a bit of energy to the team most of whom looked very lazy at points this evening.

But hey we're Motherwell, got to pick out individuals to blame eh?

Thats cause Fitzy wasnt playing :D

Lackluster, but ultimately deserving of the win.

Thought Hammell and Yassin were excellent. Forbes, Hateley and Coke were steady enough without being spectacular. The defence did look shaky at times. McHugh put in a decent enough shift, but didnt really stand out. The big Pole looks like someone has threw hair on Callum Elliot and dropped him off at the front door of fir park. For such a big commanding looking guy he doesnt do anything. Hopefully another couple of games and he'll start to pick up the pace of Scottish Football. Mention must go to McGarry who i thought looked competent when he come on and in my view can still add to the team possibly later on in the season.

Overall, its a win, we're in the next round and Hampden's getting closer.

Somehow I find it kind of reassuring that despite the unMotherwell like start to the season we're still able to do things the Motherwell way. Struggling against a lower league team in the cup, that feels more like normal...

Part of me thinks that one of the problems tonight might have been expectations. for the first time this season, we were going into a game with the pressure of being expected to win comfortably. A different kind of pressure that some of these players won't have experienced before...

Alarming as it is to say, I think Gannon might have hit upon something in his post match comments when he said about us looking slightly tired. He has always said that with young players you'll get ups and downs, and for me that's why I was surprised that Jennings and Craigan didn't play tonight. I suppose that when you add the names of Hutchison, Sutton, Humphrey, Slane and Lasley to those two, then we have seven players to bring in who didn't start tonight. My concern would be our over-reliance on O'Brien and Forbes. You wonder where the goals would come from without these two...

There were positives and negatives to take from tonight's game.

The positives.

We got through. This was the sort of game we've lost in the past...

Robert McHugh looks like he'll be ready for regular first team action sooner rather than later. Two goals already this season and a very good performance up at McDiarmid Park bode well...

The full backs. I thought both full backs did well going forward and Moutaouakil seems at least to give us an alternative out ball to O'Brien.

Goals from open play. Had forgotten that we could do that...

The negatives.

The basic errors that had seemed to have disappeared since the McDiarmid Park seemed to be back tonight. Two goals lost from basic crosses again...

For me, Jutkiewicz looked poor. On a night when I thought his pedigree would have stood out, he seemed to make the wrong decisions all too often. Appeared greedy when he had better options. Trying to hard to break his duck...?

The lack of pace when you take O'Brien out of the team. Moutaouakil offers some but when subbing O'Brien tonight, I would have given a lot to be able to bring on Slane or Humphrey in order to better stretch their ten men. McGarry is good technically but sadly lacks the athleticism to get into areas where he can use this ability...

All in all, a good night. We're through without playing well. We still have players to come back. Maybe a wee reality check for some players in that they were reminded that we have to do the basics right and work hard in order to win games...

Thought we did ok. I see alot of people dont like this ball retention style of football, I've even heard of it being branded boring. But i understand the philosophy of playing it as the more we keep the ball then the oppostion cant bother us whilst we are in possession.

I think tonight we looked jaded and missing the creative Jim O'Brien spark, i think his knock played a part on this. I also think the atmosphere being flat didnt help us, maybe making the lads think oh its a boring midweek cup game against lower leauge oppostion i really cant be arsed. Never the less a win is a win in the cup, where IMO performances dont matter, as cup football is purely results related and financially rewarding.

As for the players, thought Hammell did well, seems to attack alot more which is good to see. Thought Saunders had another good game, looks really composed at centre half and sticks to his task well.

Thought Hateley didnt have the best of games today, but in saying that the standard he has set has been amazing. Coke looked a bit disintrested but maybe again he effected by the slight knock. I feel we cant be so harsh on the likes of Coke and Forbes tonight, i mean the standard they have set has been grand, and every footballer has a bad day.

Finally Jutkiewicz, this boy i think has alot of untapped potentially, can hold the ball up quite well, but seems to go for the perfect goal. I think a bit more effort from him and we have a real player. When this lad hits his first goal he will start powering them in, i think he's a confidence player.

a very strange game. mchugh scored but after half time he wasn't involved at all yet yet managed to stay on for another 50 mins and murphy only got on because he mchugh got injured. lukas looked bright but suffered from playing out wide for large parts of the game. o'brien got their right back sent off then got subbed straight away. typical unpredictable game from gannon.

i thought foran deserved his round of applause as well. he was a free transfer and we got 150k for him. he had a great goal scoring record. there was a debate about this fitness but here was never anywhere near the most unfit player at the club (fagan, paterson, mcgarry). he scored in two semi finals and most importantly for me he burst his arse in a lot of great away performances where we ended up with results through sheer hard work. he put in a great shift in every one of his last six games (killie, dunfermline, celtic, rangers, airdire, hibs) there is nothing for motherwell fans to be bitter about.