Stevie Hammell

bigcol

Last 3 games, Hammell's been solid. Good to see him working on his game and getting some confidence back.

I think that this is the biggest thing where he is concerned. Glad to see him playing well again and that the feedback about him on here has been positive for a change. Wonder how long it will last. :lol:

Was also absolutely delighted last night after his cross was deflected in for the goal to see him thumping the well badge on the shirt. Not usually a fan of badge kissers but its different when you can really see that its heartfelt. Mon the Stevie Hammell.

Is Hammell and the rest of the defence trying to prevent crosses into the box as well??

Good question. A typical Stevie Hammell performance last night. Fine attacking game culminating in a well deserved goal, and yes, it was his goal. However defensively he was all over the place at times.

Good question. A typical Stevie Hammell performance last night. Fine attacking game culminating in a well deserved goal, and yes, it was his goal. However defensively he was all over the place at times.

Crosses coming into the box?? the goals came about from a corner and free-kick. Difficult to stop. The cross in the first half that Foran should have done better with was the result of Forbes,I think, giving the ball away ridiculosuly cheaply. He had a good game defensively,albeit he wasn't tested much.

Bit of chat from Stevie today......

Hammell hoping for new Well deal

Defender Steven Hammell is aiming to retain his place in the Motherwell team to ensure he secures a new contract at Fir Park.

The full-back is closing in on 400 appearances for the club and wants to mark the milestone by signing a new deal with the SPL outfit.

He returned to Motherwell for his second stint in January 2008 following 18 months at Southend and is keen to stay with Jim Gannon's side.

"It's a lot of games, but hopefully I'll play most of the matches this season and make the 400," said Hammell in the Daily Record. "I don't imagine many players will have done that.

"I'm in the last year of my contract, so need to stay in the team and stay fit."

The 27-year-old also harbours ambitions of breaking back into the Scotland squad five years after winning his solitary cap against Sweden.

Hammell played in the B international against Northern Ireland earlier this year and hopes he can earn a call-up to George Burley's senior squad.

He added: "I'll keep my head down, try to play my best for Motherwell, and hopefully the Scotland call will come along."