Motherwell V Hibs

Bop

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hibs seem to be a bit up and down, they have the players to cause us lots of problems - on the other hand they are all erratic. We need to remember we played 120 mins the other night and JG thought we looked tired during that so I hope its not a game too soon. However there is a resilience about this team and Hibs confidence will be low (I actually wish this game was away because if we start well their fans would get onto them) so I think that could square up. Going for a desmond.

We can't remain unbeaten all season and a blip will arrive at some point, but I don't think it'll be this weekend. Not completely sure if we'll win or it'll end all square, indeed any result is possible. However we will be brimming with confidence and should be positive.

Team wise I'd replace Lukas and McHugh with Sutty and Murphy for this one, hopefully Humphrey is available on the bench with pace late in the game.

I'll say a 3-1 win for us with Sutty and Murphy amongst the goals, fingers crossed I'm right!

First goal for us wins it I feel. And if Hibs crawl into their shell like they did during the week, we could well go to town. Just feel excited by the sheer potential we have, I know we didn't play particularly well against Inverness but the amount of chances we created was incredible.

Looks like Hutchinson and Slane will miss this one and the Falkirk game. Sutton should make it ,at least according to the Beeb's team news.

Really looking forward to this one. I'm more concerned about the returning Colin Nish than Riordan and Stokes. I reckon Reynolds and Saunders have the pace to deal with the latter pair but Nish is a player capable of causing problems.

I wouldn't be too surprised if Gannon reverts to one upfront,I'm sure he saw enough of Hibs in their defeat to Accies to be confident of at least keeping the unbeaten run going.

working tomorrow but I managed to leave a gap for the game (even if it does mean I have to work in the evening)

as for the game it's self I can see Hibs trying to kill off the passing game, which will make for a dull game but the 2 goals we'll score will make it fun to watch

4-3 to Motherwell.

The big worry is Big Yass will be up against Riordan and this could force him to remember that he's a right back, although it could work the other way and force Riordan to be more defensive minded.

Overall I would be shocked if it isn't a cracker of a match.

as for the game it's self I can see Hibs trying to kill off the passing game, which will make for a dull game

You could well be right. Many fans are blinded by the skills of Riordan and Stokes but Hibs are more than just a 2 man team. John Hughes has never been noted for encouraging his sides to play open flowing football, despite what the media would have us believe. Their midfield are defence are nothing out of the ordinary and are quite likely to try to stifle us.

Many fans were predicting a classic at Tannadice last week but that was never going to happen.