Motherwell V Hibs

Bop

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty nish, I mean pish (oops). Done well to fight back in the first half and go in level at the break. Then proceeded to do the square root of nothing :D The HIVees made their intentions clear from the start to push and dive their way through the game, instead of battling back we seemed to seek protection from Mr CONroy.. which we didn't get.

At the end of the day we've only ourselves to blame, thought that the end to our run would've come in an away fixture somewhere down the line though. Memories of last season for one of the goals where the team stopped dead assuming the foul was going to be given for the nice wee sandwich on our player, only to be left flat footed for the goal.

As for the goal celebration, delibrately targetted toward the section of the 'well support that they knew they'd get a reaction out of. Akin to say Dorgba running to celebrate at the Kop end after scoring against Liverpool at Anfield, doubt that'd be tolerated. Wasn't surprised when nothing was given for it, the ref seemed to be intent on proving that he could go through a game without getting the cards out - if only he'd waited until his next game (sigh).

Too slow, got caught on the ball too much, too many misplaced paces and unwilling to face up to the physical threat of the HIVees.

At the end of it all I'd have been happy to have gone down fighting and more than happy if someone had just booted Zemmama up in the air and taken a booking for the team.

Still, nice to see Humph back, was a nice touch by him when he went and applauded the fans.

Please play better against bloody Falkirk.

Seems to be a bit of concern about Hibs from a few posters and although a decent team were better. Hibs goalkeepers are more than not crap. The defence is a disaster waiting to happen ,midfield at best mediocre ,the only good players are Stokes and Riordan but we have defenders to match there pace so we shouldn't be overly concerned. This is a game that if we go about it in the right way is in the bag. 1-3 to Hibs by the way. :D

Ah well everything wrong but the score and that was said in jest, we were poor today as we were midweek ,up front we have nothing full stop ,set plays and Ross Forbes wonder strikes apart we are looking very poor. As another poster said pretty football but going nowhere. :(

very poor today. hibs have four or five guys in their team who are goalscorers i'm not sure if we have any. our system wasn't the best either sutton is never a loan striker, the three in central midifeld means forbes can pretty much hide and playing yassin as our rightback/right winger isn't working. riordan is one of the most dangerous guys we'll face and we were basically ignoring him today.

the choice of subs was pish as well.

i'm behind gannon but i think i'm a bit more grounded than a lot of fans. 2 goals from open play in 6 games, that's a poor return.

There was an incident in the 2nd half when the Hibs keeper took a goal kick short to Sol Bamba and he controlled it inside the box. The referee ordered a re-take, but I thought by the letter of the law Motherwell should've got an indirect free kick?

That could've easily changed the outcome of the match.

After the outcry last week I thought that the ref Steve Conroy had a good game, he could have let the game flow a couple of times but overall I was impressed. Maybe Rangers are just a team of dirty B******s !

nish not bieng booked for a clear dive in the 1st half ?miller booked for pulling shirts the riordan does the same and not a booking ? Zemmama not bieng booked ?

conroy was scared to use his cards today after last weeks press ....

Not pleased that we lost, but hopefully it will be a wee reality check. With a team of youngsters there is going to be inconsistency along the way. I said at the start of the season that finishing 8th or 9th, but with a solid platform for the following season, would a good achievement given the rebuilding that was required.

We shouldn't be getting too carried away when with our good start, and we shouldn't be getting too upset when we turn in a poor performance here and there. We're only 6 games into the season and sitting mid-table. When the fixture list was published, I'd have been more than happy to have taken 9 points at this stage.

The team is in the early days of a complete makeover. You can guarantee there will be plenty of games where we excel and plenty that will disappoint as the season continues. It's still very much a work in progress, and if we win next week we'll have taken 6 points from 3 tricky games. This always had the look of a difficult match, and Hibs were going to be even more up for it after their miserable Cup performance.

Unfortunately, I can sense that some fans are already sharpening the knives.

Not pleased that we lost, but hopefully it will be a wee reality check. With a team of youngsters there is going to be inconsistency along the way. I said at the start of the season that finishing 8th or 9th, but with a solid platform for the following season, would a good achievement given the rebuilding that was required.

We shouldn't be getting too carried away when with our good start, and we shouldn't be getting too upset when we turn in a poor performance here and there. We're only 6 games into the season and sitting mid-table. When the fixture list was published, I'd have been more than happy to have taken 9 points at this stage.

The team is in the early days of a complete makeover. You can guarantee there will be plenty of games where we excel and plenty that will disappoint as the season continues. It's still very much a work in progress, and if we win next week we'll have taken 6 points from 3 tricky games.

that's fairly reasonable but when you see a motherwell team defeat themselves like they did today your going to get frustrated.

meant to put this in my first post but our defending for the freekick for third was brutal. only having a one man wall in a poor position was inviting a goal.

The team is in the early days of a complete makeover. You can guarantee there will be plenty of games where we excel and plenty that will disappoint as the season continues. It's still very much a work in progress, and if we win next week we'll have taken 6 points from 3 tricky games. This always had the look of a difficult match, and Hibs were going to be even more up for it after their miserable Cup performance.

Good to see a bit of common sense being used. We weren't great today and were cut open at times by a very decent strike force. However, Hibs were pish at the back as usual and on another day we might have done better. Lets see how we do against Falkirk next Saturday, hopefully with today's result the lads will flying out the traps. If someone had told me 2 weeks ago that we would have played Utd and Hibs and have taken 3 points from the 2 games I'd be delighted. Hopefully we can get 3 points against Falkirk and make it 6 from 3 going into the break.

The undefeated record was going to go sooner rather than later, so it wasn't entirely unexpected but I'm left with a feeling that it shouldn't really have been today.

Hibs were clinical in the extreme but two goals stemming from us giving the ball away and a third down to some questionable goalkeeping leaves you wondering if it could and indeed should have been a different scoreline.

They carved us apart for the opening goal and with three up and them a goal up you did worry. But credit to us I thought we played our way right back into the game and went on to dominate the first half. I was impressed the way we didn't panic when we lost the goal and stuck to the game plan. The equaliser was no less than we deserved at that time.

The timing of the goals lost in the second half just killed us though. As Yir Elder said on the way out, the 3rd going in so quickly knocked the stuffing out of us. Ironically their 2nd came when we appeared to building up a nice head of steam again whilst they were looking slack.

We continued to press after going 3-1 down but the scrambled clearance off the line apart we never looked we were going to be able to rescue the game and if anything continued to look susceptible on the break.

I'm pleased we continued to try to pass and play football throughout though even though we lost. At times its going to need some fine tuning where we sometimes hold on to the ball a bit too long but over the piece I think it'll pay off. I think as fans we need to accept though that this is how its going to be under Gannon and we need to bite our tongues on occasion.

Inevitably there were several negatives. Conroy almost typically seemed to want to be as card unhappy as he could after his recent press though in the grand scheme of things it didn't do anything to change the course of the game. There were several frustrations Nish amongst others somehow managing to escape without a card and his lack of interest when Hibs attempted to prevent a quick free-kick by standing right next to the ball on almost every occasion we won a free-kick.

Most worryingly though will surely be the fine and bad press that will come from the object thrown at Zemmama. He was a complete wee wanker with his celebration for which there was no need but and he desrerved a stack of abuse for it but fuck sake, you don't go chucking things at players.

All those folk who are attempting to fight a good fight about hassles with the stewards, getting to stand at games - whoever launched something at the player has completely stitched those folk up.

I'm sure I mentioned Steelboy's point about goals from open play before now. We don't look like creating much at all. Which is fine, if the defence holds. An over-reliance on Jim O'Brien and Ross Forbes. If one is off the park and the other is off form, we offer nothing. We need to get one of the midfielders a lot closer to Sutton and get back to playing two wide men so that teams don't know which way we're going. I know thay Gannon's hands have been tied by the fact that both right wingers have been unavailable for the last few weeks, so hopefully the return of Humphrey will give a bit more balance to the side.

Bright spots? Humphrey looked up for it and showed some nice touches when he came on. O'Brien still looks dangerous (can't do it all himself though). Still scoring from set pieces.

Negatives? Ooooooh, where to start? Coke's third bad game in a row. Forbes apparent lack of fitness. Defensive errors creeping in again. Sutton and Jutkiewicz not really looking like a partnership. For the first time under Gannon, the whole shape of the team looking wrong.

I notice some saying how Hibs bullied us physically in midfield. I don't think that's the case. There were no real physical midfielders on show (Hately excepted and he was dropping so deep it looked like 3 at the back on occasions), just that their guys hounded our guys better.

Ach, well, there's always next week...

There was an incident in the 2nd half when the Hibs keeper took a goal kick short to Sol Bamba and he controlled it inside the box. The referee ordered a re-take, but I thought by the letter of the law Motherwell should've got an indirect free kick?

That could've easily changed the outcome of the match.

it was ordered as a retake because the ball was outside the six yard box.

very poor today. hibs have four or five guys in their team who are goalscorers i'm not sure if we have any. our system wasn't the best either sutton is never a loan striker, the three in central midifeld means forbes can pretty much hide and playing yassin as our right/right winger isn't working. riordan is one of the most dangerous guys we'll face and we were basically ignoring him today.

the choice of subs was pish as well.

i'm behind gannon but i think i'm a bit more grounded than a lot of fans. 2 goals from open play in 6 games, that's a poor return.

Nah ur right hes no, Jutkiewicz is :D

Missed the game today cos I've got a c**t of a hangover, thats what stayin off the drink for a month does to you.....fuckin awful!

First game I've missed this season and we get beat :angry:

Disappointing performance. We worked really hard to get back into it and the last twenty minutes of the first half we were the better team. The first five minutes of the secod half I have never seen anything as amateurish as the Hibs performance. A free kick out for a shy, the goal kick that didn't get out the penalty box and Stack's clearance that pinged of O'Brien. I and ten mates could sit and get wellied until midnight and would not be as poor as that. So when they are all over the place and looking garbage, we gift them a goal and the flow of the game changes. After that we did nothing. Good to see Humphrey back, and he actually did pretty well. Next week will be a new test as we have to recover from defeat and probably be favourites again so interesting times.

Thought the ref was on the whole good. Probably should have technically booked Zemamma but fans should be able to accept banter from players, hell they dish enough out and in a way I was pleased he stuck two fingers up to the technicality. Shame one of our fans let us as a support base down by lobbing something on the pitch.

Also why do we stream out with a couple of minutes to go when we getting beat. For all we were poor today they tried hard and deserved a round of applause at the end.

He was brilliant against Rangers, was he really that bad today ?

He's a very good footballer, but was caught completely out of position far, far too many times today.

As has already been said, as a defender his first job is to defend - unfortunately he prefers to play on the wing. Hibs took advantage, and they won't be the last team to do so this season unless he realises we can't afford him swanning off up field at every opportunity.