Stephen Craigan - Race Night Confirmed

Fi2810

When oh when is Gannon going to bring Craigan back into the team. It is all very well going with the youth and pace option but you also need the experience Stephen Craigan has of leading the team. He knows how to gel the team and instil a bit of confidence in the younger players. That was one thing they definitely lacked on Saturday. Also he works very well alongside Mark Reynolds (who at 22 I think was the oldest player in the team on Saturday) in defence. Come on big Jim you have been like a breath of fresh air but the team need a mix of experience to give the young boys confidence. For example mid season last year we had a spell when Craigan was out injured and we were losing every week, then he came back and we had a good unbeaten run. I don't think that was coincidence. Put him back in the team. You know it makes sense!

When oh when is Gannon going to bring Craigan back into the team. It is all very well going with the youth and pace option but you also need the experience Stephen Craigan has of leading the team. He knows how to gel the team and instil a bit of confidence in the younger players. That was one thing they definitely lacked on Saturday. Also he works very well alongside Mark Reynolds (who at 22 I think was the oldest player in the team on Saturday) in defence. Come on big Jim you have been like a breath of fresh air but the team need a mix of experience to give the young boys confidence. For example mid season last year we had a spell when Craigan was out injured and we were losing every week, then he came back and we had a good unbeaten run. I don't think that was coincidence. Put him back in the team. You know it makes sense!

I think Craigan should return on Saturday but your reaction seems a bit knee jerk. The defence that played on Saturday played against Rangers and Dundee United and didn't concede. I admit there was an element of luck and Ruddy pulled them out of a hole against Dundee United but on the whole they performed well in those two games and Saunders was getting loads of well deserved praise for his performance against Rangers.

i think the side had been a revelation without criagan tbh. how many times do we lose possesion when he tries a 40, 50, 60 yard cross field mattias sammer style pass.

I dont think craigans a bad player, but we are acctually playing football and building from the back now. espacially like the look of hutchison could be a well legend in years to come.

:whistling:

We should have a "Legends that Have Graced Fir Park' thread.

EDIT: Actually, was he playing or was he injured?

sammer played. although from what i remember he wasn't playing football as we know it.

on topic i'd have craigan back in as well. i was actually thinking on saturday we could have done with playing some long balls, mix things up a bit and get hibs on their toes.

I agree we may see Craggs back but why drop Saunders? Gannon has looked to play Mark in the holding role in front ofCraggs previously and may want to see this work. Hateley looked more out of things on saturday than either of our central defenders and he may be due for a rest along with Coke who was continually caught in possession.

I would rather leave it to Jimbo as he sees them in training and asks them to stick to a game plan that is rehearsed.

Back to winning ways this Saturday!

yh ok there chance of gettin in is tough

but show some sapport for the big lad

he deserves it

Talking of which, a race night for his testimonial season has been advertised last couple of weeks. Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet unless I've missed it. Chance for us plebs to show our appreciation wthout paying silly money for a fancy dinner.

Would imagine a good few would want to attend that no?

I prefer the youth at the back, passing out of defence instead of Craigan punting it away and loosing possession 80% of the time.

If we are having injuries etc, bring him in but at the moment apart from Saturday we have played well at the back.

If you look at both teams, honestly Hibs all round are a better team and the score reflected that.

Talking of which, a race night for his testimonial season has been advertised last couple of weeks. Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet unless I've missed it. Chance for us plebs to show our appreciation wthout paying silly money for a fancy dinner.

Would imagine a good few would want to attend that no?

:rolleyes: A race night could be good idea, where did you see it I've not noticed it anywhere

it's not on the Craggs testimonial website

When , Where etc??

I'm often dissapointed that testimonial events often demand a fair wedge to participate, even more so in these lean times.

:huh: A race night could be good idea, where did you see it I've not noticed it anywhere

it's not on the Craggs testimonial website

When , Where etc??

I'm often dissapointed that testimonial events often demand a fair wedge to participate, even more so in these lean times.

Something tells me it's Saturday 24'th October at the Ark............ No go for me............. :whistling:

Change of plan so I hear due to a double booking. If I hear anything else I'll post it cos I'm sure a few will want to do their bit for him.

Guys, the race night is now confirmed;

STEPHEN CRAIGAN

TESTIMONIAL RACE NIGHT

JACK DANIELS

SATURDAY 24th OCTOBER

7.30pm for 8pm START

TICKETS ON SALE NOW

FROM FIR PARK & JACK DANIELS

£5 A HEAD

Should be a belter of a night... Hope the big fella gets the turn out he deserves

:(