We're No Hamburg

Albie

Were not Hamburg? Shit man, my world has tumbled. How does Tony know these things? Maybe he's got it wrong? Don't tell me I'm going to have to take that strip back? I've been sold a pup!

With all due respect to Celtic, their shit and with all due respect to the big Tonstar he ain't exactly setting the heather on fire.

One of the commentators said tonight that Celtic had been struggling at home recently with supporters especially disappointed at drawing "WITH THE LIKES OF MOTHERWELL" :D

To be fair to him we had the bare faced cheek not to lie down to them and let them horse us......

That really pissed me off did that. Shellic had better face facts, they are pish and the English Premier League might well invite them and Rangers down now to give the big boys a couple of teams to royally hump every week.

What is interesting is that Mowbray is attempting to get Celtic play a passing-game style, and it's failing. To be honest, hasn't got the calibre of player like Lambert, Larsson etc. of the past, but then neither did Chesny and he manged to get through the group stage.

Contrast with the mighty Well, who are thriving under the passing culture of Gannon.

Confused, I am!

Would be great if Hibs go top at the weekend. Just need to keep their bottle. And hopefully we will only be 3 points off the top...

It's going to happen soon. I've been hoping it will for years but I reckon over the next couple of years there will be a real challenge for the league. Hibs can play the h**s off the park, and if they do so this week and we play our part we will be chasing for top spot with a 1/4 of the season gone. Excting times ahead I think, and all the more funny that since the squirm have starting making all the noises of leaving Scotland again all they have done is embarrass themselves.

Yes my blood was boiling when the constantly said, poor result against Motherwell. Thing is The Auld filth canny buy superstars anymore and every other club in the SPL can beat anyone. and aye Motherwell are a good team. as we all know.

I mean english commentators and an irish onw commenting on a Scottish team, all the know is that Glasgow has 2 "big" teams n thats it.

One of the commentators said tonight that Celtic had been struggling at home recently with supporters especially disappointed at drawing "WITH THE LIKES OF MOTHERWELL" :lol:

To be fair to him we had the bare faced cheek not to lie down to them and let them horse us......

Just illustrates their arrogance doesn't it. Can't put the fact that they didin't beat us down to us playing good football. Can't bear to admit we played as good or better than them.

Just illustrates their arrogance doesn't it. Can't put the fact that they didin't beat us down to us playing good football. Can't bear to admit we played as good or better than them.

Well as we played, we still allowed them 21 shots on goal, and they failed to score with any of them. Some of those misses were down to good defending and goalkeeping, but a lot of it was just terrible finishing, and we can't take the credit for that. They were crap all by themselves :D

Well as we played, we still allowed them 21 shots on goal, and they failed to score with any of them. Some of those misses were down to good defending and goalkeeping, but a lot of it was just terrible finishing, and we can't take the credit for that. They were crap all by themselves :D

No Fi is correct He can't admit we played as good as them on the day thats why they didn't beat us,

Take it you weren't at the game as you're quoting stats, we played a close controlled passing game building from the back, EVERY time, we might have had less shots overall but all of the play was controlled build up with very little hit and hopes shots from range, sure there were some slack passes that lost us possesion but Jim Gannon has got the players focussed on building moves and not giving the ball away ( still some work to do).

Celtic were disjointed (sp) and it was only in the last 15mins started to claw back the stats on us with the mhankie crowds displeasure building and their players getting more desperate throwing everything forward, sure they had more shots in the end but I very much doubt it totalled 21, certainly not on target, that needed defending, as, as a team the Motherwell players were closing down outside the box forcing them into slack play.

John Ruddy had one of his quietest matches yet in a Motherwell jersey, sure he had a couple of saves but it was far from one sided game that Celtic threw away, they were lucky that we had no killer touch in front of goal or the game would have been lost before they got into it.

So we can take more credit from the game than you or Mowbary care to give, he'll be out a job sooner than later if he doesn't realise the challenge for Celtic is now games against the "likes of Motherwell"

'with the likes of Motherwell'

That should be taken as a huge compliment to be honest. It's a true point because Celtic SHOULD be beating the 'likes of Motherwell' - on paper they have players that are supposedly of far superiour quality 'earning' higher wages and transfer fees.

In that case then of course Celtic should look towards Motherwell with arrogance and state that they should be beating such teams.

The fact they can't, and were matched by a team of 'lesser quality' should be taken as a compliment by Motherwell etc rather than a slap on the face.

I mean remember he is talking to his own fans in the interviews aswell noone else, it would hardly be profitable for him to say, " eh aye we were matched in every way against motherwell and eh...they are a good team" and expect his own fans to like it.

What a load of patronising bullshit.

Crap Celtic SHOULD be pumping Motherwell everytime they play them (on paper) - anyone who doesn't see that is fucking diluded. Cweltic have a team of players earning big bucks with the best facilities for training blah blah ETC.

Motherwell have a bunch of young guys on wages of about 250-400 per week training at a fucking rugby park most of the time........doesn't take much to gather the idea from there, and the fact the bookies will always make celtic favourites home and away is thus further proof.

No naw,it's no patronising,it's the truth....what's patronising is that a couple of good results at the start of a season and a lot of motherwell fans think they are worlds beaters.

Most definitely is patronising. Last time I looked we don't play on paper. As for being fucking deluded, hell if we were so obviously getting pumped on paper, as you say, then no bugger would bother showing up and this website would be helluva quiet. Let's face it, Celtic have been better than us - on paper - for 100 years now.

As for us being world-beaters, I don't think anyone has suggested that on here unless they were being tongue-in-cheek. This season we might get the better of your beloved Rangers though.... -_-

Crap Celtic SHOULD be pumping Motherwell everytime they play them (on paper) - anyone who doesn't see that is fucking diluded. Cweltic have a team of players earning big bucks with the best facilities for training blah blah ETC.

Motherwell have a bunch of young guys on wages of about 250-400 per week training at a fucking rugby park most of the time........doesn't take much to gather the idea from there, and the fact the bookies will always make celtic favourites home and away is thus further proof.

No naw,it's no patronising,it's the truth....what's patronising is that a couple of good results at the start of a season and a lot of motherwell fans think they are worlds beaters.

More bullshit.

Just because the Old Firm pay players big money doesn't mean to say that all (or any) of them are actually any good.

Rangers have had Murray Park for years now, and what has it got them? Having the best facilities means fuck all if they aren't properly put to use, the manager/coaches are good enough and the players certainly aren't good enough.

Our facilites up the Dalziel are of a pretty good standard, just because we don't own them or they aren't World class means nothing if the players put the effort in and want to be there. And really when it comes to 3pm on a Saturday where you train (within reason) really means fuck all.

Who said we were World beaters? Is the just because we think we should be competing with the 'Giants of World Football' Celtic and Rangers for 90 minutes? More than realistic.

As for being deluded how about you two wanting to join the Premiership or this fuckin' North Atlantic Sooper Dooper League. Both teams would get pumped on a regular basis. And as for claiming they would compete with the Big 4' after a few years, thats pish as well.

The Old Firm have no divine right to go out and beat anyone, they have to 1) Be good enough and 2) Earn it.

And frankly both teams are nowhere near good enough anymore and half the players look like they don't want to be there anymore.

We've had two 0-0's against both now this season and TBH you'r lot we're the ones holding us to a draw and lucky not to leave Motherwell with a 2 or 3 nil drubbing, not even including the penalty.