Gannon And The Press

steelboy

Contrary to fears about his timing I think this is the perfect time to call referee's ability into question. If he did it after a few defeats he'd be accused of trying to deflect blame or sour grapes. we all know refs in Scotland urnae up to much, bit of dialogue and we might see some improvement if Dallas takes legitimate concerns on board and acts.

High time someone took the matter seriously enough to actually demand something is done. We are where we are just now because as long as the Old Firm were looked after no-one else dared kick up enough of a stink.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be fair though mowbray is the biggest bullshitter about.

he went from slagging his players every week to talking them up when he realised they could quite easily get him sacked. last week he was greeting about how he's never enjoyed football management and this week it's that his family are worried about him. the man talks shite.

levein seems to think wilkie, dods, kenneth, kovacevic, bauben, roberstson and gomis should be allowed to kick fuck out of other teams and if the refs don't let them he goes in the huff. the guy thinks the rules of football should be the same now as they were when he played for FHW thugs of the late 80s/early 90s.

both absolute tossers.

and i saw tam cowan has come out today and slated gannon. was he forced into it by traynor? does he want to say i told you so? could he have a point?

and i saw tam cowan has come out today and slated gannon. was he forced into it by traynor? does he want to say i told you so? could he have a point?

What was said and where, online I could only see a little quip leading to a punchline

the match that i thought was the worst officiated was hibs when they commited 21 fouls to our 6 but we both got two bookings.

Number of fouls doesn't matter - well if it does if one player is persistently fouling and, yeah, he should then get a yellow - but if you commit a bookable offense with your only foul of the game then you should rightly be given a yellow card.

looking at the stats we only got one booking and it was definitely deserved. i get your point but i think the refs should be looking to punish teams that are continually fouling as a tactic. if we had done the same you'd be looking at a free kick every two minutes which would totally ruin any game. it's not a coincidence that dundee united and hibs are way out in front in terms of fouls conceded, they get a big advantage from constantly stopping attacks.

Well, so much for my argument after today's reffing performance. Just like Steelboys' earlier stat, Hibs outfouled us once again - yet we got 3 yelllows to their one..... Mr Dallas, I think you can expect another letter shortly.

Fouls

Hibernian 22 Motherwell 4

So by all accounts we put in our worst performance of the season today after a tactical blunder, yet again by the manager, and he shouldn't answer any questions?

Jim Gannon should be answerable just like anyone in public life should be.

I'm sure we will hear his side of it on the fishel site, no need to get yer knickers in a twist about it.

On one hand, I'm quite glad to hear the manager of Motherwell tell 'hacks' like Traynor etc. to go and fuck themselves, especially after all the 'chumming up' to the press that Butcher & McGhee did when they were here...On the other hand, I don't really see where he's coming from with this. Where did this feud start? And why? Could it possibly be that he is trying to deflect criticism for his shortcomings by starting a fight over nothing? I don't know and I'm not accusing him of that, but it's worrying that it seems to be going on and on like this and especially when we appear to be going through what is our worst run of results so far...

It's a strange set up... :doh:

On one hand, I'm quite glad to hear the manager of Motherwell tell 'hacks' like Traynor etc. to go and fuck themselves, especially after all the 'chumming up' to the press that Butcher & McGhee did when they were here...On the other hand, I don't really see where he's coming from with this. Where did this feud start? And why? Could it possibly be that he is trying to deflect criticism for his shortcomings by starting a fight over nothing? I don't know and I'm not accusing him of that, but it's worrying that it seems to be going on and on like this and especially when we appear to be going through what is our worst run of results so far...

It's a strange set up... :mellow:

I mind reading a Stockport fans view of Gannon on here and he said he will fall out with players, the press and anyone else who annoys him. That's just the way he is and i doubt he will change, fair play to the guy. As long as we get to see his thoughts on the official site then that is good enough for me.

haggischomper - you don't know the half of it. we should have had a stonewall pen but murphy got booked for diving. hammell got booked for zemmana tugging hammell's shirt. ian murray handled the ball well above his head and the ref signalled play on. o'brien got fouled on the edge of the box, the ball broke 40 yards out and he played advantage. shocking performance and a clear change in attitude from the ref and linesman towards us.

also we've got a contract with the bbc which gets us income. gannon has to talk to them, they mentioned on the radio us not doing interviews means we lose money.

just looked at the stats 22-4 with the fouls. add in the two advantages, the pen, the one that went the wrong way with hammell and the real total is 26-3. :mellow:

You won't read anything on the official site either. The content on there is normally taken from the press conference (reported in full) but he left Easter Rd without talking to anyone...

You may have to wait until the early part of the week when Flow might be able to get hold of him at Fir Park....

The media coverage of Scottish football has become a farce. The unprofessional biased commentary, the 30 seconds of highlights, the ignorance of journalists and pundits that know nothing about football (yet apparently played it for many years, scary!) about the real issues in scottish football, the old boys network, poor referees etc etc Then we wonder why a guy who has just come into the scottish game with an open mind, who likes to speak his mind, wont speak to the cretins that are helping to destroy our game. Proper journalism would be to actually raise the debate about the issues that Jim raise, rather than criticise, twist and abuse our manager.

I am sure we will get to know Jim's thoughts through the clubs officials outlays in due course.

We heard the report on the radio at 5 that Jim Gannon refused to talk to the media, and no member of the team was made available to speak..... And honestly, it was slevering at its worst, from the reporter announcing the "news" to the announcer toying with the "scoop"...slever, slever, slever.

o'brien got fouled on the edge of the box, the ball broke 40 yards out and he played advantage. shocking performance and a clear change in attitude from the ref and linesman towards us.

Not sure about that. Just think that Brines is generally no that good. And he was no that good again. I don't think the refs are going to change their attitude towards us because of what JG says. If we get a reputation for being dirty like United and Hearts have then the benefit of the doubt goes. For now I think we're fine.

Also I don't disagree with much Gannon has said however I don't see how falling out with the press and the referees is going to benefit us as a team. I think he should speak to them and only talk about the game, even if its one and two word answers. As much as the love in McGhee and Butcher had its drawbacks they brought lots of good publicity our way, we are now getting bad press all the time. Potential players read the papers, potential advertisers read the papers and whilst as fans that may not matter short term to us it could become problematic - I think we have moved too far the other way.

he has a duty to explain his decisions in public.

How does he?

I'm not really getting into Jim here, I can wait a few hours even a day or so to hear what happened, edit: well maybe I am?

But on a very basic breakdown,

he is employed in top level football ( scottish game), the only income generated is through public interest be it sponsors, TV/media or PATG punters

all of the income streams require communication from the managers/players or interest is lost and income drops off.

Its nowhere near that yet, but he portrays himslf as wanting everything around him to be professional, but by spitting the dummy and going in a huff, well I don't reckon he's gonna win n

many friends