Yassin Moutouatkil

Busta Nut

It wasn't that long ago a lot of folk were calling Hammell a weak link and were looking for him to be sold to Dundee. A few weeks ago the general chat was that we were missing him when he was out injured.

Always a scapegoat in defence at one time or another.

Not only the defence we have scapegoats all over Fir Park :huh:

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not really. i flicked through the thread and it's mainly you, joeboy and jay (who all sit together?) and mitch. plus gav212 who has a bolton season ticket and gazzy who has only seen him three times.

Aye because it cost me 40 quid, only used it three times this season. :lol: Iv been to about five or six 'well games this season (excluding europe) due to work commitments, most of which he was played in. I dont think hes a bad player, hes certainly not a defender though, he has none of the attributes that make a half decent defender.

I think Yass is a decent enough player as well. Fair enough he sometimes gets caught out of position, however, he does have a great engine and generally gets back on most occassions. As for his crossing, then if he could put in a decent cross he wouldn't be with us. Put it this way, I'd rather have Yass than Stephen "Gordon Nightmare" Whittaker!

I'd love to know who people would like to see play at right back in place of him? Who could we afford to bring in that would do a better job?

I like him. He does rely on his pace to get him out of trouble at times, but I enjoy watching him going forward. Granted his crossing could do with a bit of work, but he is a danger to opposition teams.

Also, he's not the worst defender in the world. If he was as bad as a couple have folk have made out, we'd be shipping 6 goals a game. If you look at the league table, we're not doing too badly in the goals against section.

I like him. He does rely on his pace to get him out of trouble at times, but I enjoy watching him going forward. Granted his crossing could do with a bit of work, but he is a danger to opposition teams.

Also, he's not the worst defender in the world. If he was as bad as a couple have folk have made out, we'd be shipping 6 goals a game. If you look at the league table, we're not doing too badly in the goals against section.

The main reason for that should be obvious... John Ruddy!

in his defense, i think he's got a great first touch. the amount of through balls he manages to run onto and the number of balls that get fired across the park that he manages to chest down and run with is testament to this. His crossing does need some work admittedly.

Posted missing for the equaliser today. Every one of his crosses hit either the first defender or an advertising board. Pack yer bags, son.

Load of shite,

Some people seem to be willing certain players to make mistakes or fail in some way, just so that they have something to moan about.

said it before, guys got pace, finds space easy and has a good first touch

just work on his crosses and have Hatley come protect right back when he goes over the halfway line, simple

I agree but it was Saunders who ended up covering for him far too many times. It was inevitable that Utd would get some joy from this area of the park.

Biggest problem is he's told to push way up the park and nobody falls back to cover from him. Makes Yassin look far, far worse than he actually is. And he's not so bad in my opinion.

Load of shite,

Some people seem to be willing certain players to make mistakes or fail in some way, just so that they have something to moan about.

And some folk just don't want to accept the fact that some players (in particular Gannon's signings) are pish.

Never mind his crossing ability as a defender he is chronic.

For the equaliser, he was next to Sutton and Lukas for reasons unknown. Out of position far too often.

Exactly, all this nonsense about him being told to attack attack attack and that making him look worse than he is is doing my nut in.

At times you'd look back and he's be nowhere to be seen. He disnae have a fecking clue!