Yassin Moutouatkil

Busta Nut

I normally think you talk a good deal of sense, but that's an arrogant opinion to hold if you ask me. Unless you're not letting on about something, you don't know any better than any of the rest of us what Yass is being told to do.

And I strongly doubt that any manager would adopt a tactic to concus the opponents left back by continually skelping the ball off him instead of putting it into the box.

Yeah I'm an arrogant kinda guy Fraser!

Craigan has been told like the restof the defence - in my opinion - to get the ball down on the deck (mainly) and play it out of defence accurately with a bit of urgency. he's paid the price at half time in a couple of games when he quite clearly wasn't doing that. saunders paid the price in the first half of a Europa game when he wasn't doing what he was supposed to be doing. Reynolds and Saunders (and Hutch)

In my opinion if someone isn't doing what Gannon is asking they'll find themselves being handed a training top on the touchline. To this end and watching Yass play. i think he (and Hammell) have been told to get forward as much as possible and Saunders and Hateley have been instructed to fill in for Yass when he's advanced. I don't think like many posters have said - he's playing 'out of position' i think he's playing exactly where he's been told to play. Or he'd be off the park.

I don't think he's a world beater, however I don't think he deserves the criticism he gets.

In fact I genuinely believe some folk need a scapegoat and yass is currently 'it' and he's part of a long line and it's something that really bugs me about the Motherwell support.

Keith Lasley quite clearly cost the equaliser on Saturday - I don't see anyone going mental about him. Not that I think they should per se. i just don't understand the 'love in' vs the 'hate in'

Anyway I'm repeating myself and Joe says I've only to post the once. . . . . . :woop::P

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To this end and watching Yass play. i think he (and Hammell) have been told to get forward as much as possible and Saunders and Hateley have been instructed to fill in for Yass when he's advanced. I don't think like many posters have said - he's playing 'out of position' i think he's playing exactly where he's been told to play. Or he'd be off the park.

I don't think he's a world beater, however I don't think he deserves the criticism he gets.

In fact I genuinely believe some folk need a scapegoat and yass is currently 'it' and he's part of a long line and it's something that really bugs me about the Motherwell support.

Totally agree and whilst he needs to work on his final ball I think he is a key part of the tactics that Gannon is (almost successfully) trying to use.

Totally agree and whilst he needs to work on his final ball I think he is a key part of the tactics that Gannon is (almost successfully) trying to use.

That might well be Gannon's plan. In fact I think you're both right that that is what he's trying to do.

I just don't think that it is working at all with Moutouakil.

And while you need to give things time and let a player settle when you're trying to achieve a certain style of play, right now I think it is backfiring badly in his case. Gannon should try it with another player, even if they don't have Moutouakil's pace, because all he seems to have is pace with no end product and no defensive capability. Basically he currently appears to be useless as an overlapping fullback. As I've said, maybe in future he'll improve, but right now it's having an adverse affect on the team as a whole.

Craigan has been told like the restof the defence - in my opinion - to get the ball down on the deck (mainly) and play it out of defence accurately with a bit of urgency. he's paid the price at half time in a couple of games when he quite clearly wasn't doing that. saunders paid the price in the first half of a Europa game when he wasn't doing what he was supposed to be doing. Reynolds and Saunders (and Hutch)

In my opinion if someone isn't doing what Gannon is asking they'll find themselves being handed a training top on the touchline. To this end and watching Yass play. i think he (and Hammell) have been told to get forward as much as possible and Saunders and Hateley have been instructed to fill in for Yass when he's advanced. I don't think like many posters have said - he's playing 'out of position' i think he's playing exactly where he's been told to play. Or he'd be off the park.

Keith Lasley quite clearly cost the equaliser on Saturday - I don't see anyone going mental about him. Not that I think they should per se. i just don't understand the 'love in' vs the 'hate in'

Anyway I'm repeating myself and Joe says I've only to post the once. . . . . . :lol::)

That's spot on for me, Steve.

Some of Gannon's decisions this season have already proved that he's no always right though!

Nobody's right all of the time. People have varying opinions. It's the nature of life.

To be fair though, I'd put more faith in the judgement and opinion of the guy that took what looked like a Motherwell side doomed to scrapping at the bottom of the league and has them chasing Europe come December, and beaten only once in the league, over Johnny Average fans shooting their mouth off on an Internet forum. Especially this Internet forum.

Forbes was at fault for the first goal as well but my mates seem to be blaming Yassin for that. It just seems he is villain of the month at the moment. Whatever happens it will be his fault.

I noticed Saunders and Ruddy both appearing to tell him to get. While I don't rate him as a right back I think he does bring something to the team. It was his cut back that gave Lasley the last shot on their goal!!

Somebody needs to be covering when he's as far up the park and it don't make sense that Saunders should be doing it although he covered for him successfully in the first half.

Somebody needs to be covering when he's as far up the park and it don't make sense that Saunders should be doing it although he covered for him successfully in the first half.

Hately used to drop back into his position to cover when he pushed up, but that doesn't seem to be happening now. Not sure if that's a deliberate change in tactics or not. :lol:

Well Gannon obviously disagrees with you as he is talking about extending his loan.

Which to be fair, seeing as there is no-one else, is something we should hope goes through.

Ok, his final ball is reekin' but he must be the quickest defender in the SPL and the guy is a former France U21 International - same team as Benzema!! He can't be that bad!!

To this end and watching Yass play. i think he (and Hammell) have been told to get forward as much as possible and Saunders and Hateley have been instructed to fill in for Yass when he's advanced. I don't think like many posters have said - he's playing 'out of position' i think he's playing exactly where he's been told to play. Or he'd be off the park.

Spot on Steve, completely agree 100%.

Also, whilst this blame culture seems rife, what about Reynolds (I think it was him) half-hearted attempt at blocking Webster's shot for the first goal? The point is that there isn't just one player at fault for goals conceded......unless yer Stevie Woods of course!!!

Mistakes happen in football and players don't always do what they should, to state the obvious. If there were no mistakes, it would be a shit game!!!

......unless yer Stevie Woods of course!!!

Mistakes happen in football and players don't always do what they should, to state the obvious. If there were no mistakes, it would be a shit game!!!

True, but I'd rather our players made a lot less mistakes than the other team. (And the point about Stevie Woods is a good one.)

When a player is making a few mistakes, but still doing a job, you can forgive them.

When a player is making mistakes almost every time he's involved, he's becoming a liability.

When it gets to the point that Moutaoukil starts to bring positive play alongside all the negatives, I'll be happier that he's playing.

It's not as if I was against him from the start. I was happy we'd signed an ex French U21 captain even on loan. I could forgive several poor performances; he had to find his feet. But eventually you start to think 'Wait a minute here.' And then it dawns on you, 'Nope. He's just pish.' Finally, you're thinking 'Am I the only one watching this eejit?'

True, but I'd rather our players made a lot less mistakes than the other team. (And the point about Stevie Woods is a good one.)

When a player is making a few mistakes, but still doing a job, you can forgive them.

When a player is making mistakes almost every time he's involved, he's becoming a liability.

When it gets to the point that Moutaoukil starts to bring positive play alongside all the negatives, I'll be happier that he's playing.

It's not as if I was against him from the start. I was happy we'd signed an ex French U21 captain even on loan. I could forgive several poor performances; he had to find his feet. But eventually you start to think 'Wait a minute here.' And then it dawns on you, 'Nope. He's just pish.' Finally, you're thinking 'Am I the only one watching this eejit?'

Paint a good picture there :lol:

So have we now reached a consensus on Yassin? He's all right, no world beater and needs to work on his crosses. We are vulnerable on the defensive flanks just now because both full backs are being instructed to get forward as much as possible. Hammell and Yassin are playing IN postion. That is a management decision.

I personally hope Yassin extends his stay and develops his skills.

So have we now reached a consensus on Yassin? He's all right, no world beater and needs to work on his crosses. We are vulnerable on the defensive flanks just now because both full backs are being instructed to get forward as much as possible. Hammell and Yassin are playing IN postion. That is a management decision.

I personally hope Yassin extends his stay and develops his skills.

I disagree. I think he's pish, I don't think he plays his position, and I hope he leaves.

We don't have to reach an agreement to end a thread, y'know.

Yeah I'm an arrogant kinda guy Fraser!

Anyway I'm repeating myself and Joe says I've only to post the once. . . . . . :P:lol:

Best post in this thread

imo