January Transfer Window

WilliePettigrew

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Mark had another very good solid game today would definately have impressed the scouts, he had one absolute belter of a cross field pss to O'Brien in the 1st half and few strides forward with the ball. He is a very good footballer and personally I think he would thrive down south in a better class of football, maybe doesnt have the physical size but he makes up for it with pace and a very good footballing brain.

We should be looking around the same valuation for him that Hearts got for Christophe Berra, similar type of players who had similar contracts etc, £2m would be very nice thanks and big Hutch would slot right into that position.

I think Mark had another very good solid game today would definately have impressed the scouts, he had one absolute belter of a cross field pss to O'Brien in the 1st half and few strides forward with the ball. He is a very good footballer and personally I think he would thrive down south in a better class of football, maybe doesnt have the physical size but he makes up for it with pace and a very good footballing brain.

We should be looking around the same valuation for him that Hearts got for Christophe Berra, similar type of players who had similar contracts etc, £2m would be very nice thanks and big Hutch would slot right into that position.

Any idea how many years Berra had on his contract? Reynolds will be on the cheap because hes up in the summer.

I have got to admit I wouldnt be too sad to see Reynolds go if it was for big bucks.... Im sure he is our best defender but I agree that Hutch could slot in there... Hutch might even be a bigger prospect than Mark was when he broke through.

Leaves me wondering how much longer Craggs will be in there.... Could be left with Hutch and Saunders as our central defensive pair before long! Ive always felt the one area of the field where you want some experience is central defence... worries

:P<_<<_<

Yeh why dont we offer Coke and Murphy as part of the deal as well....£500k is nothing in todays terms...Reynolds is an internationalist, get real!!

To be honest, I can't see us getting much more than that for Reynolds. Annoying as it is, as soon as he signs for a Premiership team he'll be instantly worth about four times the value that they paid us for him.

To be honest, I can't see us getting much more than that for Reynolds. Annoying as it is, as soon as he signs for a Premiership team he'll be instantly worth about four times the value that they paid us for him.

It would be good business to insert a sell on clause in the deal then.

:P<_<<_<

Yeh why dont we offer Coke and Murphy as part of the deal as well....£500k is nothing in todays terms...Reynolds is an internationalist, get real!!

500k is nothing in todays terms? I thought everyone was skint?

If anyone pays anywhere near a million for him then its bad business on their part, not saying hes a good player, just being realistic.

Reynolds is an full internationalist? No he isnt.

I'd be looking for between £500,000 and £1,000,000. If he goes for quite a low(ish) fee then maybe we will look back and think we should have sold him to Rangers in 2008. Quinn went for £400,000 I think he had less time left on his contract.

A wee hint on O'Brien Facebook page. Jim complaining about state of the pitch and oor auld pal Steve McGarry saying "dont worry aboot it, you wont be playing there much longer." Any truth behind it do we think?

I think going by recent comments (including one with Humphrey) it is about time JOB made that thing private.

A wee hint on O'Brien Facebook page. Jim complaining about state of the pitch and oor auld pal Steve McGarry saying "dont worry aboot it, you wont be playing there much longer." Any truth behind it do we think?

To tell the truth I would much rather we signed Coke, Ruddy and maybe even the Duke on longer deals than worrying about what O'Brien does. If he goes I wont be too upset he's a decent player but I still think he lacks an end product! Would like him to stay but I don't think he is a priority at the moment

Coke, Hateley , Ruddy + Lukas are more important to sign than JOB, the killie game was the exception, he is a sand dancer who seems to think he`s Ronaldo judging by the flicks,stepovers + backheels he does before giving the ball away in dangerous positions or hitting the first man with a cross, Id agree JOB is usually a dangerous player, however 9 times out of 10 its causing danger AGAINST us + not for us

Some folk clearly take jokes far too seriously! If you read on, he then replies " Do you know something i dont"!!!

Some folk clearly take jokes far too seriously! If you read on, he then replies " Do you know something i dont"!!!

oh aye, so the other comment were he has called Jim "Gammon" a "fecking wanker" a joke aswell aye? Not saying it could be true, but players really need to be careful what they put on Facebook.