January Transfer Window

WilliePettigrew

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You talking about yerself there, Frazzle? :D

Having never been tempted to go on it (never been that tempted to look at what most footballers say - in most cases their brains are contained in their feet), I can't say I'm crushed that it's now private. Nothing that people posted on here from his site was particularly eye opening...

Reynolds speaking to Coventry tomorrow apparantly after a fee informally agreed.

Foreign centre half (possibly Spanish) on trial just now as his replacement.

If, just supposing if, Reynolds is away £1.8 Million should be a minimum starting price. Especially after this....

Celtic full-back Daniel Fox could be on the verge of a shock return to England with Burnley.

The 23-year-old was considering his options on Monday night after Brian Laws, Owen Coyle's successor at Turf Moor, had a £1.8million bid for the player accepted.

And, as manager Tony Mowbray continues to wheel and deal in order to put his own stamp on the Celtic team, club captain Stephen McManus was believed to be in Middlesbrough for talks with former manager Gordon Strachan about spending the rest of the season on loan at The Riverside.

:rolleyes: We all know how it works. Doesn't make it right or any easier, but, time for some to get their heads back down from the clouds...

Why the :doh: ? Why shouldn't we get a price like that for an obvious talent when Fox, hardly a world-beater, is quoted at almost £2Million? I know how it works, but do we really need to sell him right now? Is Reynolds out of contract in June (not sure on that) and, if not, then surely we call the shots here?

If Reynolds goes it should be for no less than what Accies got for McCarthy plus a sell on fee. It's about time Motherwell played hardball when losing our best assets rather than selling them for the first offer.

Reynolds is still very young yet has 3 full seasons under his belt during which he has missed very few games through injury and/or suspension. Probably not even the finished article and yet still a very accomplished player.

i'd rather keep a hold of him than accept a quarter mill given his potential.

Potential for what? To walk away at the end of his contract for nothing? I understand what your saying but we just aren't in the financial position to do so unfortunately.