Motherwell Vs Celtic-score Predictions,team Line-up

dazamfc

:excl::O:excl:

Who mentioned anything about Boyle stepping aside to let somebody else in ???

What was said was that Gannon needs some support ( i.e.money) to bolster the squad with a couple of experienced players to help bring on the young guys.

Now we've got comments about crooks wanting to sell Fir Park and John Boyle stepping aside.

FFS try to look a bit more positive. We've got a team of young guys who are on a learning curve and a wee bit of help in the way of support wouldn't go amiss.

I thought young Meechan and Pollock did O.K. today aginst a team of experienced international players albeit maybe it wasn't the game I would have chosen to give them their debut; but then again Jamie Pollock has now had two run-outs for the first team -- against Man Utd and Celtic ( two Champions League sides. Not too bad for a 17 year old.

Mon the Dossers.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:excl::O:excl:

Who mentioned anything about Boyle stepping aside to let somebody else in ???

i misread this post as suggesting boyle should move over.

However, the board do need to make up their minds whether they want to be in the SPL and competing at a reasonable level or whether they want to go down to SFL 1 and let some others with ambitions have a go.

on reading it properly it's stupider than i first realised. we're in no danger of getting of getting relegated any time soon. the idea that we have to choose between investing heavily or fading away to sfl status is retarded.

I agree with most of what MJC says I'm afraid. That was a hammering in all but the score itself and questions now need to be asked of where our next win is going to come from. No Sutton or O'Brien (again!) today and two young lads making their debuts?!?! Very strange indeed. This seemingly delibrate tactic of allowing teams time to turn/pick pass etc is fucking killing us as is the apparent unwillingness to make a tackle!

At half-time we all remarked how well Murphy and Jennings were playing and joked that they would be substituted. It beggars belief that this came to pass.

God help us if Ruddy and Jutkiewicz leave in January.

The upcoming St Johnstone and Accies games are now absolute must wins if we are to avoid being sucked into the ever approaching bottom group.

I agree with most of what MJC says I'm afraid. That was a hammering in all but the score itself and questions now need to be asked of where our next win is going to come from. No Sutton or O'Brien (again!) today and two young lads making]their debuts?!?! Very strange indeed. This seemingly delibrate tactic of allowing teams time to turn/pick pass etc is fucking killing us as is the apparent unwillingness to make a tackle!

At half-time we all remarked how well Murphy and Jennings were playing and joked that they would be substituted. It beggars belief that this came to pass.

God help us if Ruddy and Jutkiewicz leave in January.

The upcoming St Johnstone and Accies games are now absolute must wins if we are to avoid being sucked into the ever approaching bottom group.

You wont be seeing him again. He got sent home from training yesterday.

All I was told was Jim Gannon sent him up the road and it looks like he has played his last ever game for Motherwell

For me this is a bit of a disaster and I'm astonished it hasn't received more of an outcry from the 'Well fans over this. For me, easily our best player of the season up to the recent Aberdeen game (and speculation) and if (and when) he moves in January, you can bet your arse it'll be for a pittance also!

I'm beelin'!!!!

The first 20 minutes and the entire second half today were a shambles!!!!

We must be the only team that refuses to put in a tackle - Standing up to attackers is one thing however we take this far too far.

Substitutions today were bizarre - Murphy and Jennings - Why?? Meechan - Why Not?? Sutton was a must!!

Tactics of late have left a lot to be desired.

Starting to wonder and worry about Mr Gannon.

As has been said we played well for 20-25 minutes of the first half today and that was us.

We gave Celtic far too much respect today, failing to close down and challenge for the 90 minutes. The number of times McGeady was on the ball and nobody would give him a good kick was unbelievable, if they hit him early on i doubt he would of been as effective as he was.

The first two goals by them were easily preventable, firstly Samaras' when Hateley, Reynolds and Hammell all should of at least put a challenge in and their second goal where we had numerous chances to clear it before they scored. All 3 goals were well taken by them and they thoroughly deserved their win with the one goal margin flattering us. Thank fuck for John Ruddy!

Good to see Pollock and Meechan getting their debuts today but when you are playing that quality of opposition it may be worth sticking with Coke and Sutton.

For me this is a bit of a disaster and I'm astonished it hasn't received more of an outcry from the 'Well fans over this. For me, easily our best player of the season up to the recent Aberdeen game (and speculation) and if (and when) he moves in January, you can bet your arse it'll be for a pittance also!

I'm beelin'!!!!

I beleive it to be more O Brien's attitude than anything else TBH. As soon as he was aware of Aberdeen's interest he only wanted to be in one place and that wasn't Motherwell. To be fair ti the Motherwell fans they don't know about it and i'll probably get my ass kicked for mentioning it :P

Jennings was complaining of cramp that is why he was subbed. The players were shouting over to the bench to let them know.

Agree with most of the other posters, we were lucky that we weren't totally pumped. Ruddy and Lucas are carrying the team at the moment. It was too big a step for most of the young guys. Samaras ripped Saunders a new shite hole most of the game. I know that we are a young team blah! blah! but we are far too lightweight Forbes has done exactly zip since the first couple of games. We need some more players in the Jennings mould, experienced who don't mind mixing it and get stuck in. I know that it was Celtic and that we were always going to be up against it, but most teams have sussed us already. Close us down then we start making mistakes we end up giving away the ball or humping it up the park and lose the ball. I'm getting sick of seeing it every fuckin week.

Don't feckin start me on Yassin, we start a man down every game.

What the fuck has happened to having a bit of a dig and actually closing down and tackling a player for fuck sake. Try and win the loose ball. We almost tactically every game want to put pressure on ourselves and allow other teams to push us back.

While it was a bit of a disappointment to have the lead at half-time and not come away with something I'm not buying this stuff about deserving to lose by 4, 5, 6 or whatever.

I've seen countless games against the Old Firm where we've not got what we've deserved so I'm certainly not going to beat myself up over the fact that they missed a few chances today. Its hardly a level playing field when it comes to resources so you take what you can from these games and shouldn't feel any guilt for it.

That said over the piece we didn't do enough I think to merit a point. As has already been said we'd a great spell between our equaliser and half-time but not else to shout about apart from that. Who knows if we could have held out a wee bit longer after half-time whether it would simply have been delaying the inevitable or whether they might have started to lose the place a bit.

Gannon seems to want to test the mettle of some of the youngsters in these games. That's Halsman, Meechan, Pollok and to a lesser extent McHugh who've been flung in against Celtic now. He'll know his players better than me. There's definitely an argument that as you're expected to lose there's nothing to be lost trying them out rather than in "must wins" but its a risky/brave/stupid strategy depending upon your viewpoint.

One win in eight is a pretty worrying statistic but a more positive one is that we'll have gone through consecutive games against the other top six teams and at the end of it have retained our place in the top half.

If the poor run of form continues beyond next Saturday then that's perhaps time for greater concern and reconsidering immediate goals but I've been quite happy that even though lost other teams have huffed and puffed too with Hearts, Aberdeen and St Mirren not able to take advantage.

A more pleasing set of after match comments for me too this evening with more focus on the game, the team and even alluding to the future too when speaking of this season and next. A pleasant and welcome change for me to read this than bitter exchanges about the media, SFA, referees or whoever.

Positives

Scored two goals against the team that will probably win the league

Commitment was unquestionable

Jutkiewitz was miles better than last week

Ruddy and Reynolds were superb

Two young boys who were out of their depth gained some great experience

They needed to score wonderful goals to beat us (and if we make it like that every week the poorer teams won't!)

Negatives

Right back's positional sense is a nonsense

Right back's crossing ability is rotten

We were too deep second half (though I suspect part of that was partly Celtic's doing)

They got into our box far too easily

Overall we are never going to benchmark our season based on results against Celtic and Rangers but I think that showed lots of good things about us despite the fact that Celtic had the vast majority of the game. Most teams are finding it hard to win against us because we don't give in and we are stubborn and organised at the back. I was irritated at the end of the game but when being reflective I think today has more positives than negatives.

As has been said we played well for 20-25 minutes of the first half today and that was us.

We gave Celtic far too much respect today, failing to close down and challenge for the 90 minutes. The number of times McGeady was on the ball and nobody would give him a good kick was unbelievable, if they hit him early on i doubt he would of been as effective as he was.

The first two goals by them were easily preventable, firstly Samaras' when Hateley, Reynolds and Hammell all should of at least put a challenge in and their second goal where we had numerous chances to clear it before they scored. All 3 goals were well taken by them and they thoroughly deserved their win with the one goal margin flattering us. Thank fuck for John Ruddy!

Good to see Pollock and Meechan getting their debuts today but when you are playing that quality of opposition it may be worth sticking with Coke and Sutton.

absolutely spot on mate.

Positives

Scored two goals against the team that will probably win the league

Commitment was unquestionable

Jutkiewitz was miles better than last week

Ruddy and Reynolds were superb

Two young boys who were out of their depth gained some great experience

They needed to score wonderful goals to beat us (and if we make it like that every week the poorer teams won't!)

Negatives

Right back's positional sense is a nonsense

Right back's crossing ability is rotten

We were too deep second half (though I suspect part of that was partly Celtic's doing)

They got into our box far too easily

Overall we are never going to benchmark our season based on results against Celtic and Rangers but I think that showed lots of good things about us despite the fact that Celtic had the vast majority of the game. Most teams are finding it hard to win against us because we don't give in and we are stubborn and organised at the back. I was irritated at the end of the game but when being reflective I think today has more positives than negatives.

Kept muttering it to myself all second half. I also spent the entire second half trying to work out what Celtic were doing to force us back. It seemed to me that our defence (We didn't have a RB second half and this kept pulling Saunders wider and wider leaving Reynolds exposed to McDonald and Sameras) kept dropping off their forwards 5 yards, allowing them to then turn and run. This is ridiculus as we have one of the quickest defences in the league so can therefore afford to get a little tighter further up the park.

Midfield second half were too slow reacting to the ball ariving at feet. Lost count the number of times someone was caught in posession when they had more than enough time to control and move it on.

All that said we've come through a difficult run of games and given valuable game time to a lot of youth players. Future's bright.

Shellic fans..never fecking happy eh?

I'll believe that when Rangers are the continuous victims of such errors.

Their fans are so used to being awarded penalty kicks, especially when the team is struggling, that they are often shouting for a penalty even when an offence is committed inside the centre circle.

Seriously, it is not just a matter of whether a penalty is correctly awarded or not.

Often Rangers are correctly awarded a penalty kick, but you just know that the opposition would NEVER have been awarded a spot kick for the same offence.

Celtic players, it would seem, would need to be mortally wounded before the men in black blow for a penalty.

Yesterday Samaras was deliberately kicked on the ankle in the box with the referee just a few yards away.

No penalty.

A Motherwell defender sticks his arm out in the eighteen yard box and the ball strikes his hand, again with the referee standing no more than a yard away. ????

No penalty.

The penalty which was awarded, although correctly given, was the softest of the three incidents.

Why give that?

Turning down two stonewall calls was bad enough, so perhaps Richmond thought someone might notice, and he'd never get away with three.

You would have Charlie, just ask Craig Thompson!

My paranoia yesterday really kicked in when the four minutes of extra time were over and Motherwell were on the attack.

There was no sign that the referee was about to blow for the end of the game.

Celtic then break away, and with Marc Antoine Fortune running in, one on one with the goalkeeper, Mr. Richmond decides to signal that the game is over!

That's Why We're Paranoid!

Thing is, Ricky, Rangers fans say exactly the same thing; just take a look at one of their forums. The fact is, of course, that as the only two big clubs in the SPL, the Old Firm get the majority of the marginal calls in any season, particularly at home. It's the same everywhere; the big teams get the rub of the green most of the time. They point the finger at each other to deflect the truth.