The East Stand

Juan Kerse

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I can remember 2 deaths in my time there, both victims of heart attacks and stretchered out. Sure 1st was a Rangers fan when it was terracing and the other a 'Well fan in the early 90's.

Not certain about either, but something is twigging at the grey matter.

Edit. Hibs fan that got dart in his head was very lucky to survive :O

Those were hardly the fault of the East Stand :lol:

Think I can remember 2 deaths in my time there, both victims of heart attacks and stretchered out. Sure 1st was a Rangers fan when it was terracing and the other a 'Well fan in the early 90's.

Not certain about either, but something is twigging at the grey matter.

Edit. Hibs fan that got dart in his head was very lucky to survive :O

Was the 2nd heart attack not a fella in the Cooper Stand? Can mind that one, saw him being treated in the concourse and it's stuck with me, sure it was just at the start of a game vs Rangers.

Nice Avatar Heid The Ba, Andy Paton and Stevie Kirk from our two Cup winning teams! That must have been a good night if those guys were there together!

Aye. A great night. They both live near me - Andy Paton only 2 minutes walk away. We had them out for a meal at Christmas and the stories were great. It was brilliant to see the respect Kirkie had for Andy Paton (Mr Paton to Kirkie) and a real honour to spend the evening with them. It was great to talk to Kirkie about Alan Main fouling him at Hampden as he headed in the winner!!!!

Aye. A great night. They both live near me - Andy Paton only 2 minutes walk away. We had them out for a meal at Christmas and the stories were great. It was brilliant to see the respect Kirkie had for Andy Paton (Mr Paton to Kirkie) and a real honour to spend the evening with them. It was great to talk to Kirkie about Alan Main fouling him at Hampden as he headed in the winner!!!!

Was it not McCart fouling Main that led to Kirkie's easy nod in? but, aye, most of the former Motherwell players are only too happy to endure q&a with fans. As a player though Kirkie would swan about thinking he was 'the man', he wouldn't engage any conversation with us mere mortal workers at Fir Park.

Was it not McCart fouling Main that led to Kirkie's easy nod in? but, aye, most of the former Motherwell players are only too happy to endure q&a with fans. As a player though Kirkie would swan about thinking he was 'the man', he wouldn't engage any conversation with us mere mortal workers at Fir Park.
done the same in the faroes with his im better than you swagger :unsure:

A smaller version of AS Roma's proposed new stadium would look pretty good.

A modern day Colesseum. I take it Lazio will not be invited to share :unsure:

Trouble with a smaller version, (around the 10k mark), it would look stupid. A bit like placing a vespa tyre beside that of a tractor imho