1. 1. Yes or No?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well thats how browns always played not to conceed and be hard to beat thats why i never liked him at scotland but it worked

And you give Brown a rest. He got us to 2 MAJOR CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS. Only one person befoe him done and nobody since has got us there. You are always greeting for an experienced manager and we get the most experienced manager we are gonnae get and you still find something to moan about :wallbash:

According to John Robertson, we went close about 11 or 12 times. ICT went close 3 times and scored two of them.

But Inverness won comfortably. :wallbash:

EDIT: Meant to post this in the match thread...

He also said Inverness deserved their win. So he is a pish talker basically.

And you give Brown a rest. He got us to 2 MAJOR CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS. Only one person befoe him done and nobody since has got us there. You are always greeting for an experienced manager and we get the most experienced manager we are gonnae get and you still find something to moan about :doh:

read the post again im not criticising brown i did say IT WORKED in reply to your 4-5-1 msg thats not to say it will work in spl though

read the post again im not criticising brown i did say IT WORKED in reply to your 4-5-1 msg thats not to say it will work in spl though

But i bet you couldnae wait to jump doon his throat. You were dying for him to fail to prove yourself right. And after 1 failure you are first in with the knife. And you are enjoying twisting it.

Sack them. :witchhunt:

:rolleyes:

;)

Curses....you got in before me.

Yes. Poor result this evening. Sack Jack and Vamoose Victor. The caretaker manager must go.

Gannon may have had to work with players that didn't like being telt what to do.......

Can't wait to read JOB's facebook comments after this evening....... :lol:

If the job is to be Browns, then for me it has to be a 2 or 2 and a half year contract. None of this "till the end of the season" pish. That will be no use in retaining and/or attracting players if they know the manager is leaving or if we don't have one in place.

If the job is to be Browns, then for me it has to be a 2 or 2 and a half year contract. None of this "till the end of the season" pish. That will be no use in retaining and/or attracting players if they know the manager is leaving or if we don't have one in place.

Problem is though, Craig Brown is almost 70 years old. Will he want to commit himself to a deal for two years or more? Or will the club want him to?

I don't think there was ever any doubt that he would get the gig until the end of the season, as soon as he was appointed on a 'caretaker' basis after Gannon got the boot then there was no way anyone else was going to be considered for the job in the short term anyway.

However, I'm not convinced he's the man we need just now. He's too old, but more importantly, he's been out of the game for far too long for my liking and for him to come in and have to work with a squad made up largely of youngsters represents a massive gamble in my opinion. We are in a relegation battle, don't kid yourself otherwise and I'm not writing us off or saying that we are certainties for the drop or anything like that just now, but I do think that it's a massive job for the manager to steer us through the next few months and I have worries over how Brown will be able to cope with that.

Only time will tell though...

I think he'll do fine, in the short term at least. He knows the game and has a good grasp of tactics. He's good enough to keep us up and maybe settle the squad, and hopefully he might get us playing well too.

The only thing that worries me is that he'll try to sign old players and then rely on them over any younger talent. (Craig Moore for example... Jesus...)

Any decent manager that came in and did a good job would bugger off after a season anyway (or maybe two at most), so I don't really see it as much different if Brown does the job well. It's not as if he's going to be in charge for ten years, but if he does well it's unlikely he's going to be poached from us by a bigger club. (Or Aberdeen!)

I've heard the senior players are in the huff again :ph34r:

I think that may well be bollox - just a hunch mind............

But let us assume that they are. Maybe what we should do is ask them who they would like to appoint as Manager. Or we could just bend over.........

Perhaps it is time they realised that they are paid by Motherwell FC and should get on with the job of giving 100% for MFC.

As I said though I suspect it is bollox and everything is now rosy in the garden B-)

I think that may well be bollox - just a hunch mind............

But let us assume that they are. Maybe what we should do is ask them who they would like to appoint as Manager. Or we could just bend over.........

Perhaps it is time they realised that they are paid by Motherwell FC and should get on with the job of giving 100% for MFC.

As I said though I suspect it is bollox and everything is now rosy in the garden B-)

Seriously Jack & Victor were doing the Worm back from training and as the players went by in the mini-bus, someone flung water over them..........

Nah just fucking with you all. :ph34r:

if we beat st mirren on sat, he should be given the managers job as we have not done that for about three years.

And if we beat them live on tv(feels funny even typing that) he should be given the managers job for life, as we have not won on tv for years either.

then already brown will have acheived that mcghee and gannon couldnt do.

:ph34r:

if we beat st mirren on sat, he should be given the managers job as we have not done that for about three years.

Tore them a new arsehole at the tail end of last season I'm sure, 3-1 at a canter in our favour.

My worry with current management set-up is the return to the old brigade, most at Inverness would agree.