Guess Who's Back!

NealeMFC

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Malcolm wasn't bad for us, nowhere near like what people on here are making out ffs. People will gloss over that since they don't like him as a person. Aye, he was slow so there was no point in him charging about all game like Lasley and being caught second to everyball. He had to sat in the hole and rely on his positioning and reading of a game to sheild the back four, most of the time he prevented teams ramming right through the middle. I wouldn't like to guess his fitness now and I wouldn't want to sign him after a year away from a decent standard of the game but he wasn't a bad player for us.

His fitness was shocking and stories I heard from the dad of a player on the books at Well during Malcolm's time at the club, then he was extracting the urine as well.

One of my biggest memories of Malcolm was the first day of 2008-2009 season away to Hearts. IIRC he was hooked just before halftime 'cause he was sooooooo slow he was in danger of getting sent off.

McGhee set him a deadline to sign with us last summer, he let that pass, wasn't offered anything better so signed with us anyway. We were way down his list of priorities. No problems with the guy or his "baggage". He collected a large wage, never took us seriously, and contributed nothing apart from three goals in 18 months. Those are the reasons I wouldn't want him back.

Everyone ive ever spoken to "in football" realises that Bob Malcolm is a fantastic footballer, he just doesent have the fitness or determination to gain fitness to ever reach his full potential. He couldve easily been a cracking premiership player.