January Transfer Window

TAM

It's to easy to say that the wages are the single most defining factor in a contract.

Look at kaka for most that would've been a no brainer half a mill a week plus appearance money bonuses the lot!!!

But his heart is with milan.

Si has roots in coatbridge that where his fiance is from and he loved it at motherwell and with the best will in the world norwich are going nowhere.

At least with motherwell there is an outside chance of european football if we can keep this team together and if you can perform on that stage then a real big money move could come.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's to easy to say that the wages are the single most defining factor in a contract.

Look at kaka for most that would've been a no brainer half a mill a week plus appearance money bonuses the lot!!!

But his heart is with milan.

Si has roots in coatbridge that where his fiance is from and he loved it at motherwell and with the best will in the world norwich are going nowhere.

At least with motherwell there is an outside chance of european football if we can keep this team together and if you can perform on that stage then a real big money move could come.

OK rab, you've got me convinced - sign him up. :nod:

I think that the factor Si has to take into consideration is whether he's wanting money or football. As the above poster states, Kaka is the prime example of a player who isn't in it for the money. So if Si enjoyed his time up here and still has his routes then I think a wage cut could definately be agreed!

I'd hardly take the folks of P&B's opinions as a benchmark either - far too much petty jealousy on that site for any of their opinions to really be taken seriously.

I don't read P&B at all, but arn't St. Mirren the best team in the world?

I'd stick my neck out by saying Smith is the most consistent shot stopper I have seen. Has the odd howler at a cross and on occassion can the slow to react to low headers. Other than that he is the 3rd best keeper I have seen, When you take into account the defense in front of him.

Nothing will top Buffon or Sorensen though. Euro 2004, Italy vs Denmark. The 2 best goalkeeping display's I have seen.

If we do lose him then I would see us going for a lower league keeper. Gallagher maybe?

There's very little chance of this game going ahead before the next round date, I imagine we'll be up at Inverurie (weather permitting, of course!) a fortnight on Saturday....

Interestingly enough, there's a thread on P&B asking everyone to rank the SPL keepers in order of ability and most on there seem to rate Buzz near the bottom of the heap.

Buzz is OK, has his moments like most other keepers, last season him and Craggs could've done with going to Relate, but he's done a good shift with us and realistically you wouldn't begrudge him a move.

Remember a similar thread on P&B about what opposing team player in each position you'd take, and by far the most popular left back was Stevie Hammell, which made me smile. Contrast that with the genereal consensus on here... :ph34r: As far as Lappin goes, he was good for us last season, did OK in his two stints at full back but would still take wee Stevie over him purely as a full back. Lappin is more a wide left mid in a 4-4-2, rather than an out-and-out left winger like O Brien.

Our problem is we're too overloaded in the midfield department (particualry with Klimpls re-invention as a quality holding player) to justify forking out a massive wedge for Lappin - we'd need to punt at least one or two. Look at McGhee's attempted trade for an ICT midfielder, was he trading Boab, Fizzy, Dazza...who knows? Personally, with Klimpl coming on to a game, Boab is looking more like an expensive spare part week by week.

^^

To be fair, KaKa could play for nothing for the rest of his life and still be able to by a Ferrari every other month!!

'Not in it for the money?' Not exactly a samaratin is he??

Kaka does so much for charity and the poor and underdeveloped areas in Brazil. He donates a very substantial sum of money every year to help out these underprivileged people, and gets up off his arse to go and visit these people, and associate with them. I personally think he deserves a lot of credit for the way he carry's himself compared to a lot of other players.

Tbh I'm getting a bit sick of being labelled the OF rejects team. I think if McGhee is looking to sign Webster then he thinks he has something to offer us and therefore that's good enough for me.

Different Webster I think mate. We're looking at Byron Webster, not Andy Webster. If that's what you were getting at?

nothing happening with that lad from Norway either? been deadly silent since he was no trial, anyone think we will sign anyone at all before the deadline?

I heard Kaka only knocked back Man City cause he heard McGhee was looking to strenghten the 'Well!! :rolleyes:;);)

Think there is as much chance as that happening as any signings in January!!

All I can do is hope I'm proved wrong!

Was thinking the same thing - i.e Monday's game (if it goes ahead) may restrict any last minute deals just before the window closes as we'll be playing when negotiations would take place.

Works both ways though, we're less likely to lose someone but we always seem to get a loan deal in on the last day.....

Was thinking the same thing - i.e Monday's game (if it goes ahead) may restrict any last minute deals just before the window closes as we'll be playing when negotiations would take place.

Personally, I'd be inclined just to send Leitchy up the road to take care of the team for the Inverurie game, and have McGhee stay behind to do any transfer business. (If there was any to be done, which I wouldn't bet on.)