January Transfer Window

TAM

I think it's reasonable that if you've known for about 4-5 days (and it's been on the cards for a couple of weeks) your top scorer (and one of only three centre forwards at your club) was leaving, you should be able to come up with a couple of alternatives...

Well give us some suggestions? What players out there would come in and replace either Clarky, Sutton or Murphy (Within our budget)

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well give us some suggestions? What players out there would come in and replace either Clarky, Sutton or Murphy (Within our budget)

Why...?? Even if Kaka decided he wanted to come to Fir Park he would get assassinated on here cause someone would think he was pish/ Too Old/ Too Young/ Ugly Girlfriend or whatever...no matter who we would suggest someone on here will shoot it down in flames within a minute of being posted...

I'm not a scout. I'm not looking for us to replace Clarkson or Sutton. But we do need someone who can step in should either of them get injured. Look at our form when Clarkson was out injured. Our goalscoring record at that time was horrendous. If we were to lose Clarkson for the season, and not have someone to partner Sutton, it would be very easy for us to slip into a relegation battle. Anyone who laughs this off, obviously can't remember as far back as November...

You cant miss with a few shite players who try hard/play for the badge. They're always popular, and there must be a few available.

There's nothing like winning a ball that you just lost to get the Fir Park faithful going!

Sol Campbell is still the best suggestion so far.

I'm not to bothered about getting in some panic buy but McGhee has somewhat made a rod for his own back basically saying we had options that were as good as done once Porter move went through.

A striker on loan, and/or a defender if McLean isn't back in the game yet and we should be ok.

If we can jettison fat boab on top of all that result!

I'm not a scout. I'm not looking for us to replace Clarkson or Sutton. But we do need someone who can step in should either of them get injured. Look at our form when Clarkson was out injured. Our goalscoring record at that time was horrendous. If we were to lose Clarkson for the season, and not have someone to partner Sutton, it would be very easy for us to slip into a relegation battle. Anyone who laughs this off, obviously can't remember as far back as November...

I totally understand what you are saying, but it still doesn't get away from the fact that there might not be any quality players out there.

Lets wait until 5pm before jumping to conclusions.

I feel that Teale was the replacement for Porter and that fell through.

How can Teale be a replacement for Porter? One a striker and the other a winger. Not saying he might have been only replacement McGhee was thinking about but he not strickly speaking a replacement if he not going to play same role. I think we missed out there sadly, think he'd have been suited to our team and delivered in crosses for Sutton to feed from.

Hope he wasn't only iron in the fire.

Exactly. I'm not having a go at McGhee one bit. I've actually went through a range of opinions of him during his time at Fir Park, but our squad is soooo thin, we only have to look back to Christmas to see how badly our form can be affected with only 2 keys players out. We now have no Porter. What do we do if Clarky and or Klimpl etc were to be sidelined even for a few games?

We surely had even less money in the seasons immediately afte administration yet Butcher was able to bring in the likes of McDonald, Alan McCormack, Paterson etc. From the looks of it, McGhees contacts don't seem to be cutting it at all and again we go into the 2nd half of the season with our fingers crossed everyone will stay fit and suspension free. That bad run before Christmas when we took 1 point from 21 and scored one goal in 7 has, at the very best, now made life extremely difficult with regards to achieving a tope 6 finish. Even an average return of points from that run would have seen us currently sitting pretty.

McGhee has said as much himself that we just don't have the depth in the squad to sustain key injuries. Another bad run like that and we'll be back in the shite.

What about Barry Conlon currently languishing in Bradfords reserves. Big Strong 6'3" Striker who bangs in the goals but can't get a game..12 appearances for the club last year and 11 of those from the bench and still managed 9 goals...despite being in League 2 probably still out our wages range even on loan...and no I wasn't playing Football Manager...!!