Accies Vs 'Well - Saturday 13th Feb.

samson1886

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual I've got a bad feeling about this one.

3-1 to Accies with Imrie getting on the scoresheet at least once.

It wouldn't be a pre-match prediction thread without a doom-laden prediction from your good self would it?!! :thumbup:

You have been wrong quite a bit lately so here's hoping that continues! I can't see Accies scoring three against us, but I do anticipate a tough encounter. I'd be tempted to freshen things up a wee bit tomorrow, maybe start Hump and Giles.

I'm hoping the better pitch will suit us and help us to pinch a narrow win, 1-0 again.

As usual I've got a bad feeling about this one.

I'm with you this time for a few reasons.

• I think we'll be tired as we spent the last thirty minutes on Wednesday chasing the ball a lot.
  • They'll be confident after a rare win.
  • Think it could be a case of after the Lord Mayor's show for us performance wise.
  • Reid has stoked up a sense of injustice amongst their players and fans that they never got a pen last week.

Think we'll lose 3-0 but I'll be there and praying I'm wrong.

I'm with you this time for a few reasons.

• I think we'll be tired as we spent the last thirty minutes on Wednesday chasing the ball a lot.
  • They'll be confident after a rare win.
  • Think it could be a case of after the Lord Mayor's show for us performance wise.
  • Reid has stoked up a sense of injustice amongst their players and fans that they never got a pen last week.

Think we'll lose 3-0 but I'll be there and praying I'm wrong.

I think we will win for many of the same reasons. I can see Lord Mayor's show syndrome affecting them too and Broon will have us fired up after a poor showing the last time we played them. I also think they will be feeling the pressure a little more playing at home.

What we don't want to do is let them score first.

We have to go into this one with confidence - we beat them last week and just gave the league leaders the runaround for the majority of the game on /wed night. We did not collapse after losing a soft goal - as we would have in the past. I would rest one of the front 2 in favour of Murphy's pace.

Mon the 'Well

Don't underestimate the amount of energy the players expended on Wednesday.

I think we might be a bit leg heavy on Saturday, certainly in the latter stages.

I'd be hoping for some early goals and hope we can either demoralise Accies or see the lead out but I wouldn't want to be going into the end stages with the tie still close.

We are on a good run of form so you'd expect to take something from NDP. I wouldn't be wailing if we came away with a point but obviously a win is better especially if Celtic beat Aberdeen.

I'd start with Murphy and McGlinchy for Lukas and Sutton, at the end they reminded me of Tommy Coyne after the Ireland Italy game in WC '94 - gubbed would be an understatement. Accies probably wound't have planned for it and tricky players against big lumbering defenders = lots of free kicks for Hateley.

Seen their assistant manager is waxing lyrical about the pitch .... blah blah blah, I've now switched onto "Charlie Brown, teacher talking" mode whenever I read/hear anything about the pitch.

It wouldn't be a pre-match prediction thread without a doom-laden prediction from your good self would it?!! :lol:

An MJC defeat predicition means all is well with the world and we're on track for at least a point. Wee Doddsy has even tipped a defeat, so confidently predict a stuffy 0-0 or 1-1. A 0-1 to us would be positively tumescent, where's yer pitch excuses now Dug-Oot Monkey Boy?

As LadyWell alludes to I'm sure Brown and Knox will be savvy enough to use criticism of the pitch as a tool to drive the players on today.

With his comments the Accies assistant has in effect already done a wee bit of the teamtalk for us. "Look boys they are saying the pitch helped you beat them last week and it'll be different this week. You going to stand for that? Get out there and prove you can beat them on any kind of surface".

An MJC defeat predicition means all is well with the world and we're on track for at least a point. Wee Doddsy has even tipped a defeat, so confidently predict a stuffy 0-0 or 1-1. A 0-1 to us would be positively tumescent, where's yer pitch excuses now Dug-Oot Monkey Boy?

To be fair to MJC did he not get the Rangers result spot on ?