Dougal Talks Shite

Welldel

Forbes apprantley came out of nowhere ! Given that his was a forward motion tells even the most incompetent of officials he was behind someone and so therefore could not physically have been offside, possibly the worst excuse for a cover up ever.

Put you hands up Mr Gilmour you have been exposed as a Cheat and you are welcome to take me to court for slander as I am clearly and unambigously stating Mr John Gilmour the assistant referee is a CHEAT.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Foreign refs (English even) would come here with no favourite teams, no fear about going back to live down the road from a pub full of snarling bogoted neanderthals and would be FAR more impartial.

That's the only solution IMO and regrettably, it ain't going to happen. The Old Firm have always and will always get almost every 50/50 decision in a game, as well as fairly frequent shockers like the one on Wednesday. We see a big difference every year when they play in Europe and don't have their twelfth man helping them. Levein may be a moaning faced b'stard but he was quite right to have a go when he did. Gannon had a go to and got nowt but grief from our tabloid friends.

Scottish refs are only interested in maintaining the status quo and then trying to line their pockets, a la Clark and Dougal, when the time is right.

As non old firm supporters we have no option other than to deal with it cos it ain't going to change. Don't be surprised when it happens again.

To put it bluntly, Gilmour gambled that Forbes had come from an offside position - and he got it wrong. Take note all those who say I never admit to mistakes from officials.

As always, the assistant became the fall guy for Motherwell's failure to win

... Which is discgraceful!!

Flag should stay down unless the linesman is 100% sure.

I think one of the match commentators said in a game the other week: "if in doubt, give it to the old firm"... Never a truer word spoken.

I'm sorry boys I can't let this go, I'm a Well Fan of more than 50 years & when I read Dougal's comments about Forbes being stupid & selfish putting the ball in the net (when he wasn't in an offside position?). I reckon this is to try & cover up the blatant incompetancy & bias of the linesman & referee, I've seen decisions over the decades (for both the OF) against us & the rest of Scottish Football & to hear the likes of Smith say that decisions even themselves out over the season is total rubbish and as for Dougal, he should look at his own contreversial decisions before calling anyone 'stupid & selfish'

... Which is discgraceful!!

Flag should stay down unless the linesman is 100% sure.

I think one of the match commentators said in a game the other week: "if in doubt, give it to the old firm"... Never a truer word spoken.

Exactly. It should never be given if you DON'T see it. Dougal contradicts himself and his position all the time. Basically, he's always looking for a way to say it wasn't the refs/linesman's fault, and that they're right.

You wouldn't hear him say, "I gave the penalty because I gambled on their being contact."

He'd say, "I couldn't see it so I couldn't give it."

Or you would if there was consistency.