Dougal Talks Shite

Welldel

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

forbes knows he's onside, he came from behind the ball and two h**s, so he's doing the right thing by making 100% sure.

are players supposed to start second guessing officials now?

Yep and if that had happened there'd be 7 pages on here saying how pish Forbes is for not reading it. The boy done the right thing and a linesmans fuck up does not make him the fall guy.

Agreed.

Ross di the right thing and exactly what he should have. From where I was in the Cooper I though Craggs effort was going wide and in the split second that Forbes has making sure was his only option.

Officials got it so wrong so why not come out and label him as STUPID & SELFISH!!!

I tend to read the ref columns in the two scummy scottish tabloids just to see how their idiotic little minds can turn round almost anything and blame someone else.

If an SPL ref was caught red-handed outside a primary school selling crack to the kids while he had other kids taped up naked in the back of a van, Dougal would be saying "its the fan's/managers/players fault for not stopping the influx of crack into Scotland, they should only have themselves to blame".

The man shouldn't be allowed to communicate in any way shape or form in the media, he has no intention of ever being honest or truthfull.

The rat-chomping mongo.

Forbes got it spot on to follow it in. From where he was there was no way of knowing if it was definitely going in or going to hit the post. And to say that Forbes shouldn't have gambled if there was any doubt....there was no doubt. He was several yards onside so why would he spare a second thought about being called offside?

It's absolutely terrible that a referee can say that about a player but should the player say the same about a ref, they'd be dragged in for a disciplinary. Stuart Dougal owes Forbes an apology.

I was very happy at the time when Gannon spoke out about referees as he was completely spot on. Unfortunately, if no-one speaks out about them, this head in the sand mentality is just going to continue.

For me the fact that any referee has come out and tried to defend this decision tells me they know there has been a serious mistake made. This for me is an attempt to diminish the importance of the decision as it could have a bearing on the final league placings and as such has a financial bearing to at least seven of the twelve clubs involved in the SPL. To blame Forbes is utterly inexcusable and I would hope the Motherwell establishment are looking at the slander law as this "referee" has clearly brought question to the players attitude and proffesional conduct. Dougal's reasoning for laying the blame away from the linesman has one major flaw in my opinion, if the linesman has looked along the line and saw that Craigan is onside then he must also see Forbes also onside as he has to look beyond the first bank of defenders / attackers to make this judgement, to "lose concentration" as he has put it is nonesense unless the linesman has no short term memory and then it raises why he is allowed to officiate proffesionally. For Forbes to come from an offside position, he must by definition been offside when the ball was knocked goalwards but the linesmans view from the touchline could never have presented this fact.

I know its a bit off topic but when an umpire in cricket has a decision to make he has to be certain,he can't just guess what might happen.These 2 refs who write in the redtops are carving out a nice career covering up for their incompetent mates

the thing that angers me the most is the fact the official has not apologised for getting it wrong. How will they ever earn the respect of the players and us fans, if they cant even acknowledge they got an easy decision so wrong.

Dougal spouting this crap only adds fuel to the fire. Brainless moran, and that was ment to be one of our better referee's in his day.

Attendances are dropping, and you actually wonder if it's part of the reason for staying away. Why continue to pay crazy admission prices to watch blatant incompentance and perhaps down right cheating. Perhaps, things are about to get worse, as the old firm can no longer rely on the big bucks players to dig them out a hole. The old firm and especially Rangers are going to need the help of the 12th man.

It's time our provisional clubs grew a set of balls and took some of the media and officials to task. Better not hold my breath.

What would be the point of all this cheating? Do the officials get a wee bit more in their wage packet when they make a bad call like that? Or do Ranger's supporting officials just get assigned to only Rangers games so they give them an advantage?

What about the cheating Celtic officials? Do they have to cheat more now to try and stop the cheating Rangers officials' team from winning the league? What happens at an OF derby? Who decides which officials get to cheat?

What would be the point of all this cheating? Do the officials get a wee bit more in their wage packet when they make a bad call like that? Or do Ranger's supporting officials just get assigned to only Rangers games so they give them an advantage?

What about the cheating Celtic officials? Do they have to cheat more now to try and stop the cheating Rangers officials' team from winning the league? What happens at an OF derby? Who decides which officials get to cheat?

There is no agenda behind it but on this occassion, I do believe that this particular Rangers fan running the line has allowed his instincts get the better of his professional judgement.

perhaps allowing his team to still have a chance of winning was enough of a motivation.

Officials have more or less confirmed that there is one set of rules for the old firm and one for all other teams. With that mindset, is it beyond the belief that they wont cheat to make their lifes easier, by the media and old firm fans? and also to perhaps gain financially with gifts etc.

The biggest problem we have is that we dont have enough 'well officials.

All well and good saying its the establishment and he is protecting his mates but the SFA have no right of censor on him because they made him resign from the SFA before taking up his media commitments. Can only assume Kenny Clark is the same.

Agree that Forbes had to make sure. As much as it is clear from the TV pics that the ball was going in from most other angles it was only a probability. Stuck it in, made sure, three points. So to criticise him is well out of order. I think the decision the linesman thought he was going to have to make was 'if this goes over by line is it a goal kick or corner' and as such forgot to watch the runner and then had to guess.

I don't think Dougal should have had a go at Forbes, I think his assessment of the linesman is probably fair and to criticise Brown for having a go on field is maybe fair enough but lets remember football is emotional. Craig Levein would still have been asking for him to be beheaded today.

I read both articles are felt the tone was to protect their colleague and quickly move on. To blame Forbes is utterly reprehensible, they'd have been better served trying to explain why he gave the decision rather than making excuses, and not even good ones!

The articles in the sun + the record are disgusting, how dare they attack a young guy doing his job because one of their own has made a monumental c**t of it.

I can believe their reasoning behind that wankers actions but heres where it falls down for me, TV + Newspaper pictures show Gilmour is in perfect position in line wi Craigan when he shoots, ok he may have then been daydreaming and not seen Forbes till he poked it in,however for Forbes to be offside he must be BEYOND Craigan when the ball is kicked,in which case he MUST have run across the linesmans line of sight in which case the linesman IS 100% SURE he is offside and so the second Forbes touched the ball,the flag is up + its offside. That didnt happen.

There is no guesswork here, its physically impossible for Ross Forbes to be un-noticeable if he is indeed offside, the very fact Dougal + Clark imply that wank didnt see him + guessed proves he COULDNT HAVE BEEN OFFSIDE!

Surprise surprise, there been no reply to my very polite email to the sfa,not that im expecting anything anyway

Establishment closing ranks again, where the fuck's Dallas or hasn't he received a letter yet?

Dougal does have a point n what he's saying but it's not a good one. When the wee midget wakes up from his coma and realises Motherwell have scored he should have done nothing cos if he doesn't see it he can't give it. What he does do though, is say to himself "Oh fuck they've scored, what happened there? Shit, if I get this wrong I'll get dogs abuse. Best go wi' the Gers that way it'll be forgotten about by the weekend"

That to me is cheating and shitebaggery of the highest order.

Best word of the year. Classic and bang on! :whistling:

Wait - the linesman 'gambled' on disallowing a goal when he DIDN'T see if the scorer was offside and that's the explanation?

Yeah, Forbes really showed selfishness and stupidity by trying to score a winning goal against Rangers!

Dougal - just walk down to the beach at Largs and keep going West ya complete fucking trumpet!

As always, Weeyin, you are getting silly. Most people on here (if you care to look) have the opinion that officials DO NOT set out to cheat 'for' Rangers. The fact of the matter is with around 90% of the population supporting Rangers or Celtic there is a massive chance the official will be a Rangers fan. Perhaps he went to Ibrox as a kid or are just his favoured team. In a split second when he is unsure about something is he going to side with the no-mark diddy team or the boys in the famous Royal Blue jerseys?

The way it is if we use Scottish Referees. The are part of the football culture here, they live here, they are too involved to be anything remotely like impartial body they are paid to be.

Foreign refs (English even) would come here with no favourite teams, no fear about going back to live down the road from a pub full of snarling bogoted neanderthals and would be FAR more impartial.