Season Tickets

Bop

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will no doubt start the old argument about preferencial treatment for folks with kids and not everyone benefits and blah blah blah...

But personally, I think anything that gets bums on seats and helps promote the club to the next generation of fans must be applauded...

And as for the 4 month interest free payment structure...well done MFC, that's all I wanted...

Think this is a great gesture, however on a slightly selfish note.

I have sat in the east stand since it was built, and my son has been coming with me for the last few years. Not sure why I should have to pay just because I sit in the east, when it would be free if I sat in the Cooper

anyway still think it's a great plan

the more fans the better

Good idea but doesn't effect me.

This does however;

"And that fantastic offer isn’t the only thing turning heads; the club will also be freezing prices from last year and offering a fantastic 5% discount for any ‘Well fan that renews or buys before the 31st May 2010."

I paid £333 for my season ticked for the POD stand this year. The prices quoted on the website for the POD Stand for Season 20010/11 are £370 (early bird £351). Am I missing something? Where is the freezing prices and 5% discount here??

wasn't it a 10% discount last season for early bird? so your £333 season ticket was £370 before discount. Still the same price.

yeh, 10% for 09/10 tickets on 08/09 prices: http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?op...&Itemid=136

Cheers niall. My memory is rotten. Totally forgot it was a 10% discount for this season.

So still the same price but in a way not due to reduction in discount.

While I agree its a great gesture to allow kids into the coop for free, other than that can't say I'm impressed in any way, will have to pay more for my ticket as last seasons early discount was 10% nothing to make up for the loss of a home game this season and I'm sure as we go through the season there will again be offers which further devalue my ticket.

However as our chairman has said , “Being a season ticket holder at Fir Park is more than just a right to view games. It is a true and genuine commitment to the Motherwell Football Club community." I will in all probability renew our tickets but it would be nice if the cub made a true and genuine commitment to the ordinary season ticket holder who doesn't have kids +/or doesn't want to sit in the coop.

Hats off to 'ALL' involved at Motherwell Football & Athletic Club LTD.

A brilliant guesture in my opinion. (I don't benefit from it personally BTW)

I would still like to see something sorted out for OAP's and the reintroduction of a UB40 gate as well.

Something for the future mibbies !!!!!!!!!

Well done.

Having read the statement by the club again, although factually correct, it is a little misleading. In fact, as it's election time, maybe they've taken the inspiration from the politicians!!!! To me, when you say you are freezing prices from last year that means you should pay the same as last year! However, as the club have changed the terms of the early bird discount that means it's an increase in prices for a large proportion of season ticket holders. A little bit sly in my opinion.

Mind you, I'll still be renewing.

It's a real hot potato for the club in attempting to get this package right.

The U16 Offer is tremendous - although it would be good to have seen it extended to all stands, but then if the offer is there then I'm sure folk will consider the switch.

The club in the past have stated that they will be providing exiting benefits for season ticket holders - these statements have by and large come to nothing ("look forward to exciting developments through the season" "bring a friend" etc)- As has been said many times by many people - not a lot of significant actual benefit has been passed to ST holders. Any gripe I have here though isn't with the lack of additional benefits - it's the failure to deliver once the gob has been opened. If nothing is going to be delivered, don't promise anything in the first place.

I'm in a position right now where I can renew and attend most home games. For many years I wasn't able to for various reasons. I'll be doing so because I'm supporting the club and putting my dosh in the coffers up front. That could change in this current climate at the drop of a hat (or an x on a ballot paper) and recognise that there will be a fair few folk that have been able to buy an ST last May that will find that there nowt rattling round the piggy bank this time round. i feel for these guys - the folk that want to be here week in week out but are priced out. For them I hope we manage to run some decent match by match promotions through the coming season.

I think though that football is overpriced and the broad decision across the board in the SPL not to reduce prices is gonna knock a few hundred people out of regular football attendance. So I believe the erosion of the game overall continues.

I understand our own club are between a rock and a hard place and the decision to even freeze prices is a risky one. The current situation until the mould is broken is that a relatively stable, but low number of people will be relied upon ago to come up with the readies - at this point every year i reckon it's squeaky sphinkter time to see exactly how it goes.

With the early bird effer not being just as good i wonder if the bums will become squeaky again should things be slow.

When season ticket renewals slow up - action is forthcoming from the club. I'm not advocating civil disobedience or anything - just merely pointing out that in the weeks following our narrow escape / Malpas's ejection, season ticket renewals were abysmall - prompting action within the board room. When McGhee was brought in season ticket renewal rocketed immediately.

Just a final note / aside / digression - I read a post the other day there having a pop at the 'empty' gesture of fans throwing their season ticket onto the park at the St Mirren defeat under Malpas. the gesture was about sending a message about non renewal intent and not a futile gesture about throwing away something that had expired and wasn't worth anything anymore in terms of that particular season.

Just so long as 1000 weans on freebies dont get to clean up in the ballot in the case of another Stranraer/Inverurie/Nancy ticket scramble !

The club are to be applauded . The interest free options will be a help to a lot of folk.

And for any dodgers getting a student one or one in their da's name , dont go moaning when we've nae money to buy players