New Puma Kits

'WellGall

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so on a motherwell fans forum your not allowed to display the motherwell badge? what about the colours are we allowed to use them?

Agreed. There appears to be a bit of 'head up own arse' syndrome on here from time to time. Either that or modding for the sake of modding - kind of like police stopping kids from playing football in a park.

its more that people then pick these up on either google or just from browsing the site, then post them to other ones and it makes it look like puma do all their template in paint. Thats when the problem's start creeping in.

Hell, even people on here didn't realise that UBH's airdrie style strip was a pisstake!

Yet every other team's unofficial sites allow it - hell even FPC allows it.

To suggest that Puma or any other company would sue over the use of their logo on a mock up is ridiculous in the extreme, and is heavily overestimating the significance of this unnofficial web site, unnofficially constructed for fans to discuss various unnofficial club related topics such as potential new strips.

Yet, I suppose if it gives you a (false) sense of importance then carry on filling yer boots kids.

Just to deflect heat off the mods, it was me who flagged it and I done it on the back of all the keech we've had on this over the years.

There was a request not to display these some time ago.

Nobody likes a grass

Yet every other team's unofficial sites allow it - hell even FPC allows it.

To suggest that Puma or any other company would sue over the use of their logo on a mock up is ridiculous in the extreme, and is heavily overestimating the significance of this unnofficial web site, unnofficially constructed for fans to discuss various unnofficial club related topics such as potential new strips.

Yet, I suppose if it gives you a (false) sense of importance then carry on filling yer boots kids.

We were officially requested by PSL to stop using it last year.

If i was bothered about the "perceived significance" of the site or wanting to be self important, I'd stop allowing things like avatars and sigs on the site as well, since just about every second one (my own included) is a copyright infringement. The difference is that it's not likely to be spotted by the copyright holders. The mock ups are.

fair enough about not using the puma badge, but the club badge :S its a mfc forum ffs

Main issue is with the kit makers logo, not necessarily the mfc badge.

This place and laws. icon_lol.gif

Geedub, I like your picture. It made made me chuckle. icon_thumbsup.gif

This place and folk like you ;)

Difference there is that I requested the ability to use the MFC Crest on the website and was given permission by the club.

So in short, if you folk wanna go and ask puma if they would permit you to use their logo, then feel free. If they agree to it (they won't) then I'll be more than happy to allow the mock ups to include the logo.

The largest online fantasy football kit design site has thousands of so called logo copyright infringements every day. As far as I’m aware Puma, Nike, Adidas and various other companies obviously turn a blind eye to it. They probably see it for what it is, just some amateur kit designers having a go at designing their ideal team kit.

The only way round it would be to design your kit with manufacturers badges and include a link to the fantasy kit site. That way, if Puma and Motherwell have a problem they can take it up with them and not SteelmenOnline.

Football Shirt Culture Fantasy kit Design Site