Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Well said Al. The guy has been demonised by shite stories before he even pulled a set of gloves on.

Bottom line even if it was true - it's not his fault - he got a job offer and took it - the same as any of us.

Oh don't get me wrong I think he's fuckin awful, but the stories about his wages are a mile-oot.

Oh don't get me wrong I think he's fuckin awful, but the stories about his wages are a mile-oot.

Thing is though there's a lot of water to pass under the bridge before we get another keeper in. Fact remains right now he's our main keeper.

Personally - I'd like to see someone else in too - but given the dire financial circumstances it might not be Ruddy (boo, how can I say that?) and it might not be someone who turns out to be significantly better than Fraser.

See the whole "Michael Fraser is our highest paid player and was offered about 3 grand a week by McGhee to come here etc etc" nonsense.....that's exactly what it is, nonsense.

Every time I hear it peddled it astounds me how something that was originally posted on here as a "ah heard that Fraser...", has become fact amongst people that should know better.

There. :lol:

Seems a bit like the Bob Malcolm debate, only his wages were actually way too high. Seem to recall them wanting Fraser out wanted him kept.

I reckon there is next to zero budget and we may add one or two 'next to nothing' frees until the loose ends around Hateley, Coke, Reynolds and Fraser are tied up.

Until there is movement there I don't think we can do anything meaningful.

I reckon you're right there. However in the interests of the club,with regards to Hateley and Coke, it appears to be quite clear they don't want to be here for various reasons so hunt them and get folk in who do want to be here so we can plan and move forward.

The signing of Jack Ross does not fill me with confidence that this is the direction the club should be going in.

Where did the rumour that Broon was about to chuck it come from?

I fucking hope not. A 35-yr-old right back, bloody hell.

I wouldn't write him off on age alone-- George Burley did a pretty good turn for us at right back well into his 30s. He was a few weeks short of his 35th birthday at the end of his first spell, and came back for more when he was 37.

I wouldn't write him off on age alone-- George Burley did a pretty good turn for us at right back well into his 30s. He was a few weeks short of his 35th birthday at the end of his first spell, and came back for more when he was 37.

OK I'll write him off on being a player nowhere near the calibre of Curly-wurly.

Think Brown is saying the right things as usual.

WIsh we would just cut our ties with Coke and Hateley though.

Why? A new contract has a massive bearing on a players life and isnt something that can just be sorted out in a couple of days. Theres plenty time left for deals to be concluded if the players fancy it. I'm absolutely positive that if they had both came out to the club and said "naw we'r definitely off" then they would be straight out the door and we'd be on the hunt for replacements.

They might not sign new deals, but I think they are both good enough players that are worth a bit of patience.

Not so sure Fraz although I can see where you're coming from.

I get the impression that they are holding out for something better but will take a deal with us if it doesn't work out.

That could leave us in a bit of a pickle further down the line.

Why? A new contract has a massive bearing on a players life and isnt something that can just be sorted out in a couple of days. Theres plenty time left for deals to be concluded if the players fancy it. I'm absolutely positive that if they had both came out to the club and said "naw we'r definitely off" then they would be straight out the door and we'd be on the hunt for replacements.

They might not sign new deals, but I think they are both good enough players that are worth a bit of patience.

+1

The amount of over reaction from folk on this forum is unbelieveable, you'd think we'd never been through a close season before.

Wre you no' here last year? Every close season's the same. :rolleyes:
Although, last close season was one of the most entertaining. Until Gannon spoiled it by signing all the players he said he'd sign.

Although, last close season was one of the most entertaining. Until Gannon spoiled it by signing all the players he said he'd sign.

See that's where it all started to go wrong for him. A lot of folk were upset that they had less to moan about. He should have known better. :rolleyes:

Be interesting to see where the Jack Ross rumour has come from as the only place I have seen it is on here. Pretty sure he is 32/33 and not 35. I must admit I have seen him play plenty of times and I wouldn't be overly chuffed if he signed.

Fraser to South Africa? Apparently (according to a diplomatic and careful Brown) it is MF that is wanting away. Obviously feels he won't get his chance next season.

Be interesting to see where the Jack Ross rumour has come from as the only place I have seen it is on here.

Captain Sensible started it on Pie & Bovril a couple of months ago. It's amazing how these things grow legs.

EDIT: Worth adding for anyone who doesn't know, he's the biggest wind-up merchant going.