Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Was it meant to be funny like? Would most people not want to take the keeper that is higher up the pecking order 9/10. I guess you're one of the 1/10 than wouldn't?

i'm one of the people who don't consider a goalkeeper being the 4th choice that much different to a goalkeeper being 3rd choice.

things that matter to me. the fact that i've seen ruddy being consistent over a season for us. the fact that i've seen him pull off amazing saves. the fact that he's got a rapport with the fans and the club. the fact that i've met him a number of times and he's top guy and he seems to have been quite settled living up here.

it's real life, not football manager.

I would love Ruddy to be back here this coming season. The problem is the best we will get from him is a loan deal - not that I would complain at that. However I would prefer Turner who is Scottish and used to be considered as having excellent potential, especially if he signed a 3 year contract! Another keeper who likely needs regular games. I do remember him coming in for a few games for Everton a while back and letting in a "howler"! ;)

Ruddy was guilty of a few howlers in his time with us too, however by and large his performances were above par and he dominated the box, giving confidence to all those in front of him, especially the back 4.

I do find it strange how as the previous post suggests that if Ruddy is not returning, lets just take a punt with Turner instead. Moving from an EPL club to the SPL is a major jump in salary and in today's football that's what its all about.

OK so he gets to move back home, however he may look upon it as he's failed to make it at a higher level.

I do remember him coming in for a few games for Everton a while back and letting in a "howler"! :lol:

Did he not get sent aff that game too, or am I thinking of another keeper? :lol:

I'm also shocked he has not moved (a bit like Alexander) as I thought he'd fancy battling Gordon for the Scotland Jersey.

OK so he gets to move back home, however he may look upon it as he's failed to make it at a higher level.

He started his career at Stirling Albion so I don't think he'll be to disheartened if he has to come to the SPL to get first team football.

Did he not get sent aff that game too, or am I thinking of another keeper? :lol:

I'm also shocked he has not moved (a bit like Alexander) as I thought he'd fancy battling Gordon for the Scotland Jersey.

I don't think the 3rd choice Everton keeper would provide much of a battle for Craig Gordon. Turner was a good prospect when he went to Everton but the fact that he's still there as third choice suggests he hasn't really progressed much.

I don't think the 3rd choice Everton keeper would provide much of a battle for Craig Gordon. Turner was a good prospect when he went to Everton but the fact that he's still there as third choice suggests he hasn't really progressed much.

Agreed, if he was anywhere near the level of Craig Gordon he would have been running Tim Howard close for the No.1 jersey.

From what I've heard he is a pretty decent keeper and I'm surprised that he hasn't been loaned out to the SPL in all the years he has been in Everton reserves.

True, I don't think match up to match up he'd remove Gordon, but all it takes for a Scottish Keeper is First Team football, a lot of hard work and the hope Gordon gets injured (of course no Scotland fan in their right mind would hope that) - which happened when we played Holland at home - which led to Marshall being in goal. That could (of) been Turner if he was playing first team football and doing it well somewhere.

If you think our keepers currently consist of

Gordon

McGregor/Alexander (whoever is No.1 at Rangers at the time)

Marshall

Langfield

You'd think any other half decent keeper, especially if they have a good campaign somewhere (like the SPL) could battle Marshall and/or Langfield etc...

In fairness though, if John Ruddy was Scottish I genuinely believe he'd have been in the Scotland Squad for the Czech Republic game....so maybe not that mental a view.
No doubt Levein is trying to negotiate another new rule to bring him into the squad.

That's us signed Angelis Charalambous from Famagusta. Under-21 Cyprus international.

Official Site

EDIT: Centre-half but it says he can play all across the back 4 and in midfield.

Interestingly it says they waived compensation for a sell-on clause. 1 year deal with the option of an extension.