Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Why does it make a difference who his boyhood team were? He Chose to play with the 'Well and if he has decided to go on then I wish him the best of luck. Hopefully he doesn't follow along the lines of Clarky and Pearson.

Why is it that the only time I make a comment on players who haven't got a game since they left us, play only hours later for their respective clubs ;) ?

I'ts always going to be difficult for us to bring in players we haven't got money or a big fan base to create atmosphere, it's going to be harder for m'call than he thinks we really need to give the man a chance. Incidently just how much has broon spent with the sheep with the players he has brought in sweet f.a

According to today's NOTW the young boy from Man City has also turned us down.

Plymouth Argyle are set to sign Manchester City winger Donal McDermott if the Football League lift the transfer embargo imposed on the club.

A national newspaper has reported that Pilgrims boss Peter Reid is keen to take the 21-year old Irishman on-loan for the rest of the season with a view to a permanent move in the summer.

Thats a shame if true. Looked like a good young talent. We could have done with a pacy left midfielder.

Hopefully SMc gets in a few new additions before the game next weekend, would be nice to get some excitement around the place.

Shame if true. I would have thought for some players in reserve teams, a 5 month stint in the SPL playing against the likes of Rangers and Celtic on live TV and at least 1 semi at Hampden Park would appeal. Perhaps not. I guess it also depends how good McCall is at selling the club to prospective loanees.

Registered to the official site and this was part of an email received from Stuart McCall to all registered users one would assume...

"This week I will be running the rule over several transfer targets as we have arranged bounce games on Monday and Tuesday. We are working hard to bring in faces before next weekend and, if we do, we’ll tell the fans as soon as we have something firm.

Although I’ve only been here for a few weeks, I am loving life at Motherwell already. We have a cracking club and I really believe we can build into a team that can compete. It will help me enormously if you try your best to get to the games and get as many people to join you as you can".

Trialists arriving from all over Europe tonight. Pick ups from Scotland's International airports-one of which we are at just now.

From the Twitter page, all sounds a bit desperate.

Agree with Rickoza - why is desperate. Maybe wee Stuart has unearthed a few far flung gems!

Trialists arriving from all over Europe tonight. Pick ups from Scotland's International airports-one of which we are at just now.

From the Twitter page, all sounds a bit desperate.

Have to agree it does sound desperate,bringing trialists in from abroad is what you do over the close season so you have a good couple of weeks or more to have a look at them,not in the january transfer window,it shows that we dont have the cash to compete for any players that Mccall knows might be available from England,once again Brown leaving is having an adverse effect on our season,Mccall coming in now means he doesnt have the luxury of time,like he would have had if he had arrived in close season

:lol:

I'm a miserable c**t but how they fek do you see that as desperate

I just think it looks desperate, i was hoping McCall had some decent contacts and would be chasing players he had seen over the years. Now we are after players that he will have to judge in a matter of days. Hopefully some of them are decent but i doubt it going be all our other trialists that end up getting sent back home.

i was hoping McCall had some decent contacts and would be chasing players he had seen over the years.

How do you know that's not what he's done here?

Just because the players aren't British doesn't mean he doesn't know anything about any of these guys.

Could it be the case though that some of the trialists are coming from countries where their season has yet to commence and that they could be out of contract currently?

I'm thinking it might be more difficult to get a Norwegian, Swede or perhaps to a lesser extent someone from Ireland on trial during our summer break when their leagues are up and running and they may be more likely to be attached to clubs.

Whereas in their close season....

No idea whatsoever if any of the players are from similar leagues but just a thought.

Not desperation, more casting the net as far as possible.

Exactly! I mean take Mixu Paatelainen for example, look at the players he's brought in at Killie since the summer.

David Silva - midfielder (CSKA Sofia)

Ben Gordon - defender (Chelsea, loan)

Kyle Letheren - goalkeeper (Plymouth)

James Dayton - midfielder (Crystal Palace)

Mohamadou Sissoko - defender (Udinese, loan)

Harry Forrester - forward (Aston Villa, loan)

Alexei Eremenko - forward (Metalist Kharkiv, loan)

Rui Miguel - forward (CSKA Sofia)

William Gros - forward (Didier Agathe Academy)

Anssi Jaakkola - goalkeeper (Slavia Prague)

Billy Berntsson - defender (Sundsvall)

Benjamin Laurant - midfielder (Le Havre)

8 of that lot have come from overseas and killie seem to be doing none too shabby at the minute.

Exactly! I mean take Mixu Paatelainen for example, look at the players he's brought in at Killie since the summer.

David Silva - midfielder (CSKA Sofia)

Ben Gordon - defender (Chelsea, loan)

Kyle Letheren - goalkeeper (Plymouth)

James Dayton - midfielder (Crystal Palace)

Mohamadou Sissoko - defender (Udinese, loan)

Harry Forrester - forward (Aston Villa, loan)

Alexei Eremenko - forward (Metalist Kharkiv, loan)

Rui Miguel - forward (CSKA Sofia)

William Gros - forward (Didier Agathe Academy)

Anssi Jaakkola - goalkeeper (Slavia Prague)

Billy Berntsson - defender (Sundsvall)

Benjamin Laurant - midfielder (Le Havre)

8 of that lot have come from overseas and killie seem to be doing none too shabby at the minute.

Its not that the players are coming from abroad thats the concern,its more with 2 weeks to go in the January window,we decide to bring in trialists at all,it shows we are not in a position to get proven players in,think we can all agree killie have made some good foreign signings but how many of killies signings were trialists in january?all but 3 were brought in over the summer.The january window is all about getting the players in to the cub that you have identified beforehand,with Brown leaving when he did and having to get Mccall in mid season,our new manager finds himself in a position of losing 4 players and not being able to afford to replace them like for like,and running out of time to do so.In my book that equals desperation although in no way the managers fault.

Foreigners is the way to go. Let's hope we unearth a couple of Shivute's :)

I 'm taken it you are being sarky

7 of the starting 11 on Saturday were already foreigners in Footballing terms, and a similar percentage of the subs were as well :P

edit: make that 6 not 7 since the humps granny means he's no decided yet. afore the copper gets a hold of me

smc says he has a couple of bounce games arranged

you would like to think a man with his knowledge of the game

would be able to spot if a player has potential or not

also as they are coming in from overseas could you imagine mccall asking these

guys agents to send him a dvd of their player,they are all made to look like world beaters in an edited 5min clip

bring them over give them a game may find one may not nothing lost in trying

smc says he has a couple of bounce games arranged

you would like to think a man with his knowledge of the game

would be able to spot if a player has potential or not

also as they are coming in from overseas could you imagine mccall asking these

guys agents to send him a dvd of their player,they are all made to look like world beaters in an edited 5min clip

bring them over give them a game may find one may not nothing lost in trying

Except the cost of airfares because i doubt very much they aksed these fellas to pay their own way to come for a trial.