Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

If Murphy is on his way out then he didn't cover himself in glory today. I like him a lot but he would be daft to leave just now, still got a lot of learning to do.

If McCall can bring in a decent striker then we have a chance of getting back to Hampden this year. A right back with decent distribution would be handy too...

I'm slightly puzzled bordering on annoyed that we have brought in a young defender on loan. I really hope Hutchinson isn't going to be dropped, but also I'm keen to see what Page can do. We already have Saunders and Hateley contending for defence also so I'm not convinced the boy Gunning is needed.

I'm slightly puzzled bordering on annoyed that we have brought in a young defender on loan. I really hope Hutchinson isn't going to be dropped, but also I'm keen to see what Page can do. We already have Saunders and Hateley contending for defence also so I'm not convinced the boy Gunning is needed.

He is a left sided defender. Its to give Hammell a bit of competition so he doesn't relax too much as now that Reynolds and Fitzy are gone and he has no real competition in the spot.

PS - I thought Hammell was excellent yesterday so maybe its had the desired effect.

McCall will have a stiker in by the end of the day as either Murphy OR Sutton will definitely be off!!

I'd hope it would be Murphy. Larger fee and, while I think Murphy is an excellent footballer, it would be nice to have a guy who more naturally plays closer to Sutton. Even in games when he is played up front in a 4-4-2, Murphy plays very wide meaning any balls Sutton wins invariably go to the opposition.

But as Lobey and Diggle have said, you'd hope that if we lost another striker we'd bring two in. I know it'd be asking a lot but if one of them could be a permanent signing rather than a loan, it'd be better...