Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

For fuck sake its a mistake made because of a daft rule. It doesnt make us a disgrace or a joke or embarrassing. Its a kick in the balls but as motherwell fans we should be used to that.

Dont start mocking and slagging our team and the clubs staff because of it. We wont be out of pocket and were not the first nor last team this will happen to.

For fuck sake its a mistake made because of a daft rule. It doesnt make us a disgrace or a joke or embarrassing. Its a kick in the balls but as motherwell fans we should be used to that.

Dont start mocking and slagging our team and the clubs staff because of it. We wont be out of pocket and were not the first nor last team this will happen to.

You seriously dont feel embaressed about this?

I have never heard/seen a transfer where it gets cancelled because the player has played for more than two clubs in a season,

The Daniel Cousan one came close but UEFA allowed that to go through. And its not just about what's happened its about the whole season, for months on here all we have had is bad news and me and practically everyone else could rhyme of bad things that have happoned.

This now is a massive kick to the balls it makes me wonder whats next, If steve jones injures himself in his debut and we have to cancel his loan i'll laugh cause that would be another kick to the balls.

Is the rule even legal? Surely it is restricting the boy's right to work or some such EEC nonsense?

EEC? You've been out the country too long, my friend. It's the EU now.

There are a few FIFA/UEFA rules that would fall foul of EU laws, but football has been granted some exceptions. I guess this must be one of them.

This thread has went mental with porridge, dribbles, wet pants etc, add as appropriate.

Theres only one thing for it........

normal_Internet-SeriousBusiness.jpg

serious_business.jpg

Yes, Im bored. But Jesus Christ. We missed out on a boy that can't get in the squad of a championship team. Its not exactly the second coming of administration!

is there no appeal process available? I understand the intent of the rule but it would seem that, if possible, an appeal would be worth pursuing. granted that the chance of FIFA doing something thoughtful and helpful is incredibly small. it's a bad break for both the team and the player

You seriously dont feel embaressed about this?

I have never heard/seen a transfer where it gets cancelled because the player has played for more than two clubs in a season,

The Daniel Cousan one came close but UEFA allowed that to go through. And its not just about what's happened its about the whole season, for months on here all we have had is bad news and me and practically everyone else could rhyme of bad things that have happoned.

This now is a massive kick to the balls it makes me wonder whats next, If steve jones injures himself in his debut and we have to cancel his loan i'll laugh cause that would be another kick to the balls.

No i dont feel embarrased and i dont see why should we. Its a stupid wee rule, the guy hadnt even played 90 mins for leeds. Not the same situation but what about kyle letheran last year? His transfer was cancelled for some other daft reason. So things like this happen.

I'd agree with the whole season generally being a bad run of events but thats no different to a lot of other clubs.

Its a big kick in the balls but we'll survive, grella wasn't the only option. Mccall will have other targets.

EEC? You've been out the country too long, my friend. It's the EU now.

There are a few FIFA/UEFA rules that would fall foul of EU laws, but football has been granted some exceptions. I guess this must be one of them.

he's still employed by leeds united so he is still able to work and do his job

No i dont feel embarrased and i dont see why should we. Its a stupid wee rule, the guy hadnt even played 90 mins for leeds. Not the same situation but what about kyle letheran last year? His transfer was cancelled for some other daft reason. So things like this happen.

I'd agree with the whole season generally being a bad run of events but thats no different to a lot of other clubs.

Its a big kick in the balls but we'll survive, grella wasn't the only option. Mccall will have other targets.

I dont know about the letheran thing, he joined Killie after us so im not 100% of that situation. We know its not the end of the world, its more frustrating that the club could get caught out with something like this

I dont know about the letheran thing, he joined Killie after us so im not 100% of that situation. We know its not the end of the world, its more frustrating that the club could get caught out with something like this

Agree with you there! Its very frustrating as we could have had someone else in for tomorrow instead. I just dont see how it disgraces us, if anything its a disgrace of a rule! Whats the logic behind it?!

Ha what total and utter pish!

Do we sign players? No

Do we work for a professional football club? No

Do we spend small fortunes on scouts and other staff to find these players? No

Its not our job to make sure the contracts are water tight.

Yes i do, i'm manager of Port Vale :nod:

Come onto fuck Probes even you can see (through yer NHS specs) that this is a riddy!!

Nah Mr Broony, the boy was shite, he plays fir Leeds, who are also shite(Burn Broomfield will confirm this).

Just throwing a random name into the hat here, but last time I did that as a suggestion, Chris Porter signed!

How about Rotherham's Adam Le Fondre? Apparently available on a pre-contract just now, top scorer in League 2 with 16 goals for the season, and refusing to sign a contract (well as of reports I've seen around Nov/Dec 2010).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_le_Fondre

http://www.skysports.com/football/player/0..._295084,00.html

Maybe there might be bigger teams in for him but worth an enquiry. This is the kind of player we should be looking at I think.

Just throwing a random name into the hat here, but last time I did that as a suggestion, Chris Porter signed!

How about Rotherham's Adam Le Fondre? Apparently available on a pre-contract just now, top scorer in League 2 with 16 goals for the season, and refusing to sign a contract (well as of reports I've seen around Nov/Dec 2010).

Adam_le_Fondre

http://www.skysports.com/football/player/0..._295084,00.html

Maybe there might be bigger teams in for him but worth an enquiry. This is the kind of player we should be looking at I think.

see Le Fondre would be a great signing but he wont join us, he'll go to the championship

see Le Fondre would be a great signing but he wont join us, he'll go to the championship

You're probably right but as I said, just a suggestion to move on from Grellagate.

Players have came to us from leagues above League 2 before, so it's not as if we're a level below Rotherham or what Le Fondre is playing. I would safely say that we would be a step up, if not in wages then in football terms.

Not knowing the exact ins and outs of how tranfers/loans/registration of players works,would this have not have to be sanctioned by the Football league/Fa and Spl/Sfa before it got to Fifa stage????????

Is their a form that has to be completed ???

Leeds/Motherwell/Player/Agent everyone wanted this to go ahead and it has been thwarted by a stupid Fifa red tape. :nod:

Again the overreaction to this unfortunate incident by people on the board bewilders me!!!

Do you want some to resign from the club ???? :doh: Who and what for !!!!

Its not a disgrace/farce/joke etc etc

Did you all think straight away about FIFA cross border rules when the club anounced the loan???

As Leeanne Dempster said

"Motherwell Football Club have benefited from the Fifa cross-border rules in previous years.However, in this instance, things have worked against us, which is extremely disappointing

"

Nobody has lost any money,the window is still open,pleanty more fish in the sea and the MFC roller coaster rolls on :thumbup:

FFS get a grip and get to the 'Arc tomorrow and get behind the boys !!!!!

this is the second time in two years this Fifa rule has fecked us. Last time it was with a keeper from plymouth that ended up at Killie in the summer after.

Mchugh's away now as well :nod: you have to laugh.

Hopefully McCall has a contingency plan

Again the overreaction to this unfortunate incident by people on the board bewilders me!!!

I know its unbelievable! Disgrace?! Fuck me!!

Lennon and celtic are a disgrace, rangers fans in manchester were a million times a disgrace. This little incident is a different ball game!