Hi All From A Breiðablik Supporter

Bliki

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets face it if we can't pump this mob then we don't deserve to be in the Europa League.

Who is the biggest name in the Icelandic league these days?

I guess thats what supporters from a better team will be saying if they come up against you. However I dont think any team which is taking part so early in the competition has a right to be this arrogant. Im sorry but thats how it is. The reality is that both of us teams probably wont be in the competition after the next round.

I guess Villarreal had the right to be this arrogant in 2002 when they came up against FH Hafnarfjördur in Iceland with the likes of Pepe Reina, Juliano Belletti and Martin Palermo. Didnt do them much favour though as the game ended 2-2. And I guess Aston Villa had the right to be this arrogant when they came up against FH Hafnarfjördur with all their stars in 2008 and won comprehnsively 4-1 in Reykjavik, but the 2nd game ended in a 1-1 draw. Dont think you have the right to be this arrogant.

I guess thats what supporters from a better team will be saying if they come up against you. However I dont think any team which is taking part so early in the competition has a right to be this arrogant. Im sorry but thats how it is. The reality is that both of us teams probably wont be in the competition after the next round.

I guess Villarreal had the right to be this arrogant in 2002 when they came up against FH Hafnarfjördur in Iceland with the likes of Pepe Reina, Juliano Belletti and Martin Palermo. Didnt do them much favour though as the game ended 2-2. And I guess Aston Villa had the right to be this arrogant when they came up against FH Hafnarfjördur with all their stars in 2008 and won comprehnsively 4-1 in Reykjavik, but the 2nd game ended in a 1-1 draw. Dont think you have the right to be this arrogant.

I completely agree with you mate, Id say that once were up to full strength and playing regularly in our own league then we should and would win through comfortably over two legs. However, the fact remains while we may have replaced Ruddy,we have not replaced O`Brien,Coke + Lukas, arguably our most influential players last season! coupled with us being at the very beginning of our pre season and you guys flying in your league and id be absolutely delighted with a 1 goal win over the 2 legs!

I would not take it personally Bliki. Johnstone does not know what he is talking about :D

95% of Well fans are expecting a tough encounter, especially based on your posts and the way Breidablik are playing at the moment - top of the league! It appears as if you have a very exciting young team who will play with no fear and a lot of skill.

As a full time professional team we would expect to win - were both teams at the same stage in the season. That is not the case and Breidablik will be a lot sharper and match fit/ready.

If we can get a narrow win at home without conceding a goal then I would be very happy. We have a scout watching the last and next game - so hopefully there will be no surprises.

Agreed.

Just being polite and cordial to our Icelandic friend. I did state that we would expect to win and were that not the case I would agree with Johnstone - for once....

but....

I do believe these will be tough matches. Reykjavik beat Glentoran 3-0 in their match and Breidablik are by all accounts a better team.

If our players can play near the top of their game I would expect a win, but if they do not it could be Mypa 47 all over again........perish the thought :unsure:

I would not take it personally Bliki. Johnstone does not know what he is talking about :unsure:

95% of Well fans are expecting a tough encounter, especially based on your posts and the way Breidablik are playing at the moment - top of the league! It appears as if you have a very exciting young team who will play with no fear and a lot of skill.

As a full time professional team we would expect to win - were both teams at the same stage in the season. That is not the case and Breidablik will be a lot sharper and match fit/ready.

If we can get a narrow win at home without conceding a goal then I would be very happy. We have a scout watching the last and next game - so hopefully there will be no surprises.

Of course I know Motherwell are the better team. Probably have better players in all positions and I am hoping the you will underestimate us as I have seen my team play some very good football of late and hopefully it will be the same against Motherwell.

I am hoping for a miracle like what happened for KR Reykjavik last season when they beat greek club Larissa 3-1 over 2 legs in the 3rd round of the Europa League last season. I remember their fans being very arrogant before the tie. Former Newcastle defender Nikos Dabizas was a very bad loser I remember. In the next round when KR drew 2-2 against Swiss side Basel at home their striker Alexander Frei was a disgrace. After the game he went over to one of the KR Reykjavik defender and said: " I make more money than you in a week than you do in a year you amateur."

i don't think it's arrogance at all bliki thinking we should always beat a part time team.

I'm cautious about your team as we have very little knowledge of your team, for all we know ur team might just be the best team in a bad league.

I would like to share a fact from our european exploits last year.

Flamurtari vlore who we played in the same round that we are playing you won there national cup also.

after the first leg they were 1-0 to the good and we beat them 9-1 the 2nd leg so with previous results like that not only the biggest winning margin in europe for motherwell but one off the largest in our history and only having lost a few players we have just cause to be confident as i'm sure you are in breidablik.

are you making the trip over?

Of course this won't be an easy game, but the hard facts of it are that Icelandic football is miles behind us in terms of domestic and international football. So in theory we should be beating them.

Mind you, talk to Falkirk fans who got beat last season by a bunch farmers from Leichtienstien.

Of course I know Motherwell are the better team. Probably have better players in all positions and I am hoping the you will underestimate us as I have seen my team play some very good football of late and hopefully it will be the same against Motherwell.

I am hoping for a miracle like what happened for KR Reykjavik last season when they beat greek club Larissa 3-1 over 2 legs in the 3rd round of the Europa League last season. I remember their fans being very arrogant before the tie. Former Newcastle defender Nikos Dabizas was a very bad loser I remember. In the next round when KR drew 2-2 against Swiss side Basel at home their striker Alexander Frei was a disgrace. After the game he went over to one of the KR Reykjavik defender and said: " I make more money than you in a week than you do in a year you amateur."

there is no chance we are big time charlies,we as motherwell fans are just happy we have a team that are hard working and always stop to have a chat

IMO, we know the same amount of info about Breidablik than we did Flamutari and that is very little. They had a supporter who came on making the same noises as yourself, Bliki. Saying the had good young prospects and shouldn't expect an easy game (I don't think anyone of us truly does expect a walk over) and after losing 1-0 in roasting temperatures - an 8-1 win was quite convincing in the end.

i don't think it's arrogance at all bliki thinking we should always beat a part time team.

I'm cautious about your team as we have very little knowledge of your team, for all we know ur team might just be the best team in a bad league.

Flamurtari vlore who we played in the same round that we are playing you won there national cup also.

after the first leg they were 1-0 to the good and we beat them 9-1 the 2nd leg so with previous results like that not only the biggest winning margin in europe for motherwell but one off the largest in our history and only having lost a few players we have just cause to be confident as i'm sure you are in breidablik.

Of course and yes the Icelandic league isnt very good. Its pretty low standard to be honest. But I will run naked across the pitch during the 2nd leg in Kópgavogur if we lose 9-1 in Scotland!! Thats not going to happen. Motherwell might be a good team but not 8 goals better than Breiðablik.

Apperantly Breiðablik and Reading in England are in discussions about one of our former player, 20 yr old midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson joining us on loan for a short period to play in the Europa League this month. He scored 20 goals from midfield for Reading last season. Hopefully that will happen.

There are also rumours about Eidur Gudjohnsen playing for us this month (only in Europe) before he moves from Monaco to Tottenham. He trained with us this summer to keep himself fit and is here in Iceland, not taking part in the pre-season at Monaco which has starterd. Our manager and Eidurs father and agent are best friends.

Apperantly Breiðablik and Reading in England are in discussions about one of our former player, 20 yr old midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson joining us on loan for a short period to play in the Europa League this month. He scored 20 goals from midfield for Reading last season. Hopefully that will happen.

There are also rumours about Eidur Gudjohnsen playing for us this month (only in Europe) before he moves from Monaco to Tottenham. He trained with us this summer to keep himself fit and is here in Iceland, not taking part in the pre-season at Monaco which has starterd. Our manager and Eidurs father and agent are best friends.

Sorry to piss on your parade..

There is less than 0% chance of Sigurdsson or Gudjohnsen appearing at Fir Park next week or the return leg in Iceland.

Simple.

Why would a possible Champions League player, risk playing in the insignificant Europa League (I understand he wont be cup tied by playing in the lesser of the two tournaments), why would he risk a potential ligament or leg break playing in this match - just for a "favour"? Why would AS Monaco to take the chance of losing out on a transfer fee? Why would Spurs sanction a future player - helping out one of his national sides? Why would Gudjohnsen lower himself to such a standard anyway? Not to mention Gudjohnsen is probably on about 30k + per week - does he just wave off that in order to play for a couple of weeks? Or do Monaco continue to pay his wages, whilst he swans around Iceland for a month?

As for Sigurdsson - the same rule applies - why would Reading risk one of their star players being injured for the upcoming season - when he will be vitally required for there play-off/promotion push? Not to mention if they are thinking about cashing in, why take the chance of injury?

Just will not happen.

Gudjohnsen won't be playing for you, imagine he got injured during the match, Spurs would tell him where to go and he'd be left without a club!!!

Also, why on earth would Reading allow Sigurdsson to go on loan having been their top goalscorer last year? Never going to happen.

Looking forward to the match all the same, it'll be good to get back to competitive football so soon after the end of the SPL.

Sorry to piss on your parade..

There is less than 0% chance of Sigurdsson or Gudjohnsen appearing at Fir Park next week or the return leg in Iceland.

Simple.

Why would a possible Champions League player, risk playing in the insignificant Europa League (I understand he wont be cup tied by playing in the lesser of the two tournaments), why would he risk a potential ligament or leg break playing in this match - just for a "favour"? Why would AS Monaco to take the chance of losing out on a transfer fee? Why would Spurs sanction a future player - helping out one of his national sides? Why would Gudjohnsen lower himself to such a standard anyway? Not to mention Gudjohnsen is probably on about 30k + per week - does he just wave off that in order to play for a couple of weeks? Or do Monaco continue to pay his wages, whilst he swans around Iceland for a month?

As for Sigurdsson - the same rule applies - why would Reading risk one of their star players being injured for the upcoming season - when he will be vitally required for there play-off/promotion push? Not to mention if they are thinking about cashing in, why take the chance of injury?

Just will not happen.

Lol, I know, I was just having a laugh. I know the odds are 80-20 in your favour but Sigurdsson and Gudjohnsen would certainly help our cause. If football only was this simple.

Not at the game I was at.It was 8-1 was it not :lol:

Lol, I know, I was just having a laugh. I know the odds are 80-20 in your favour but Sigurdsson and Gudjohnsen would certainly help our cause. If football only was this simple.

Bliki has a sense of humour :huh:

Are the girls as hot as the geysers up in Iceland..........not geezers b4 any smart ars3 starts up

Well Breiðablik won 4-0 tonight and we are still top of the league. I have dampened my hopes abit when realising that Motherwell seems a good team. I think you managed a draw against Celtic and Rangers 3 times last season. The fact is that Scottish football is 100 times better than Icelandic football and even though I might think my team is playing wonderfull football that standard might not be up to scratch in the Scottish reserve league. Hopefully we wont get trashed.