Chris Humphrey

Psycho1991

He gives you loads of pace coming off the bench with 20 minutes to go so its not true to say he offers nothing.

But if you think he's going to step into O'Brien's boots, well that idea is kinda scuppered by the fact he's not a quarter of the player O'Brien was.

His crosses do leave a little to be desired it has to be said. But he dose skin the oppo time and again. Why he even gets a cross in. He needs to channel his skill as he undoubtedly has some.

In a straight line on occasion. I have yet to see him get past a man on either side or with real ball skill. Kick and run every time. Then the cross is either too low at the front post or hits the top of the net.

I think a lot of us had written him off, however back in January he played a blinder at Rugby Park from the reports I read. Many hope he can recreate that and that's maybe why he hasn't attracted more abuse and criticism.

As a professional footballer who's primary role is to get behind the last man on the wing and play the ball into the box I can't understand why crossing as a major part of his game just doesn't seem to be clicking. Look at Boetang's cross last night for the 3rd goal or almost every cross Beckham ever put in a box, they all looked dangerous and at least beat the first man.

Hopefully he'll come good this season because Gannon saw promise in him and tried to capture him before he got his signature for us. However if he isn't performing by Christmas I fear he'll lose the support Andy Roddie style.

I'll be honest i'd rather humphrey cut inside and had a dig instead of cross it, he's left so many people for dead with his turn off pace last season but seems a little shot shy.

The crossing part of his game can be improved i think it's his speed that hampers it he runs that fast and has to cross while the ball is still moving at pace away from him or stop the ball then cross it after exerting a lot off energy creating the space.

It's a difficult skill to master also the bobble of essentially part time football pitches would'nt have helped lets hope when he hits the bowling green that is fir park it will improve.

I've got a lot of time for this guy just give him a chance he needs support a few of you seem to forget the difficult circumstances this guy faced shortly after joining motherwell lets get behind him!!!

Mon the well!!!!