Thursday Excitement - Teams/Hopes/Fears

carlukemurray

he's at it ........ unmistakable reverse psychology

Two can play at that game... :lol:

I know I previously predicted a 1-1 draw but Bliki has me seriously worried. Now the reality is setting in, the fact that we are playing one of the best teams in Iceland is something I fear. I know I have made alot of statements regarding my team but I honestly think we will get beat by at least 3 goals on Thursday. I am not playing mindgames, just have a feeling that Breiðablik’s supperior skill, passing ablities and football ability will prove too much for us. Honest.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I would be disappointed if all we get is around 4000 for a home game in Europe. Last year our crowds were 4307 v Llanelli, 4641 v Flamurtari and 4975 v Steaua Bucharest. Not great crowds but not bad since we played all the games over at Airdrie.

I would hope there will be a wee surge and we get over 5000 now we are back at Fir Park. A nice full Cooper and East Stand will be a boost to the players.

Maybe it is because we qualify for Europe every year :lol: . Katowice was over 10,000. Havnor 7521 and even Mypa we got 8280.

Anyway I share the fear and hope it is unfounded. I worry about our fitness levels compared to the Icelanders. I would be confident with the 1st 11 from the end of the season. I fear we will miss the creativity of O'Brien and threat of Big Lukas with no replacements.

Going over to Iceland - so I hope we are still in the tie. I genuinely do not believe we will keep a clean sheet based on the 3 friendlies and their goal scoring record. If all players play well then we will edge it - but only by 2-1 or 1-0 which I would take right now.

Lets hope for 5-0 and all our fears being unfounded.......

Unreal the amount of negative opinions going in to this game!! :lol:

This is a part-time team we are playing against. We will come out looking to get an early goal, win 3-0 :D

Hope Mchugh gets a chance. Looked very lively in the time he got on Sat. Tho, reckon we will go with Sutty n Murph.

I checked with the box office and you can buy tickets up till 6:45 for the game.

Lee

Brilliant news that!!!.

Been on holiday and being a poorly contractor had to work my time in lieu again. Wages hit the bank on Thursday but I'll be up in Inverness for an interview then. Should be back down late afternoon and in time for the game.

Looking forward to the game but dreading it at the same time.

Unreal the amount of negative opinions going in to this game!! :lol:

This is a part-time team we are playing against. We will come out looking to get an early goal, win 3-0 :D

Last time we played a part time team at home in Europe we lost 1-0 so it's not unreal. Potentially very real.

Our star player Alfred Finnbogason has been chosen the best player of the first half of the season here in Iceland: http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y...sl=is&tl=en

Rumours are that scouts from german sides Hamburg and Werder Bremen along with Anderlecht and PSV scouts will be watching him on Thursday. Hopefully that will not make him more nervous and play badly. He is a real gem, he scores goals and sets them up. I all depends on our defence on Thursday and the defence is our weakness. We will need to score at leas 2 goals to stay in the tie as I vision us to concede at least 3. I predict the Motherwell manager will take Finnbogason aside after the game and offer him a contract.

Our star player Alfred Finnbogason has been chosen the best player of the first half of the season here in Iceland: http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y...sl=is&tl=en

Rumours are that scouts from german sides Hamburg and Werder Bremen along with Anderlecht and PSV scouts will be watching him on Thursday. Hopefully that will not make him more nervous and play badly. He is a real gem, he scores goals and sets them up. I all depends on our defence on Thursday and the defence is our weakness. We will need to score at leas 2 goals to stay in the tie as I vision us to concede at least 3. I predict the Motherwell manager will take Finnbogason aside after the game and offer him a contract.

If any of these teams are seriously interested you may find Alfred has a diplomatic injury come Thursday. I think our lack of a finishing touch and a lack of match sharpness may cost us hwereas they are going well. If we can nick one it may shatter them though so start of game is key. I think we'll edge it 1-0 on Thursday and 1-0 again in Iceland to go through 2-0 on aggregate.

I posted my team on P&B a couple of days ago and I think it was this...

...................Randolph.....................

Hateley, Craigan, Reynolds, Hammell

................Jennings, Lasley..............

......................Forbes......................

............Sutton Murphy McHugh.........

by the looks of it Breidablik are not bad up front but a bit dodgy at the back. Let's test that theory and go for it with three up front.

If you are talking about Europe mate you couldn't be any wronger.In the last two seasons we have been put out off of Nancy who were one of the best Fench teams in their league at the time and Steau Bucharest who are one of the best teams in the Europa League.Honestly I cant see us being humiliated in this tie and hopefully the team can give us a bit of confidence on Thursday for the season ahead.

Think they lost every game in the group stages but they still gave us a right royal rogering. I think we will get through the first 2 qualifying rounds then in the 3rd round will get another Buharest like team & fall at the final qualifying hurdle again. But a lot depends on the luck of the draw & a little bit of luck on the park so who knows maybe this is our year to make the group stages.

TBH im more worried about the first qualifyer than the second as our lack of match sharpness could easily result in another Mypa disaster.

I posted my team on P&B a couple of days ago and I think it was this...

...................Randolph.....................

Hateley, Craigan, Reynolds, Hammell

................Jennings, Lasley..............

......................Forbes......................

............Sutton Murphy McHugh.........

by the looks of it Breidablik are not bad up front but a bit dodgy at the back. Let's test that theory and go for it with three up front.

Looks good to me. Almost worked for the dutch.

If there are 4k tickets sold so far, we'll easily get over 5k at the game. I for one am going over today to buy 4 tickets and I know that most of my mates dont have tickets yet but are going to the game as well.

We are a stick-on to start with the same team and formation that started at Ayr on Saturday (provided everyone is fit), if we are struggling though I'd like to see Broon stick McHugh on a lot earlier than he did against Ayr. I'd even be tempted to start him up front with Sutton and play Murphy on the left rather than Forbes and take it to the part-timers on both wings, with Humphrey on the right (I hope to fuck he has been practicing his crosses though).

I am pretty nervous about the game and that is unusual for me, I didnt like what I seen at Somerset although that may have been due to Broons instructions not to get stuck in too much, but at 12's the part-time mob must be due a wee 5er to win.

We will win 1-0 or draw 1-1 I think.

Think these games always come too early and with the Icelandic mob already well into their season they will not only be fit, but also be in tune with each other.

Or they could be utter gash and wee will hammer them 5-0

Beginning to look forward to the game now, especially with the bumper programme advertised on the official site, looks fantastic. Crowd wise I'd expect anything between 4500-5000 which would be pretty good.

Assuming we make no signings before tomorrow this is the team I'd go for:

Randolph

Saunders

Craigan

Reynolds

Hammell

Humphrey

Lasley

Jennings

Forbes

Murphy

Sutton

I'm not sure Hateley is fit enough to start, but both he and McHugh will be very useful subs to have later in the game. In terms of a prediction its very tough, but I'd be happy with 2-0 or better, with Sutton and Murphy the likely threat for the Icelanders.

Beginning to look forward to the game now, especially with the bumper programme advertised on the official site, looks fantastic...

You look forward to a game more if you think the programme is going to be a good read? I'd say that's either a sad indication of how entertaining (or otherwise!) our games have become, or it means you're quite a strange fellow.

In fact, I'd say it's a bit of both. :doh:

You look forward to it because it's a new season, new hope, new strip, new pitch(again) and yes a big new programme(just like Nancy).You look forward to it because we haven't had a game since May!! You look forward to it because it's at Fir Park as well and a chance to catch up with some friends you haven't seen for a few months.

We will be better than we were at Ayr. Probably same starting line up and hopefully we will win by a couple of goals. I say 3-1. Roll on Thursday night!!!!!!! :doh: